Children Of The Damned - 1

"Are they decent!" I call out from the door. I have my hands over my eyes as I wait for Damon to get Stefan and Elena our of bed.

"You can come in" He calls out. I walk in and approach them.

"So in order to open the tomb we need to find the journal. To get the grimoire to open the spells. First things first since you are Elena Gilbert, your on journal duty" Damon orders.

"Since when am I helping?" She asks. "Well Stefans helping, and you've taken up residence in Stefans bed, ergo..." Damon trails off, proving his point. "I'll look for it tonight" Elena says with a groan,

Elena lays back down in the bed, pulling the sheets over her face.

Damon nods pleased "Good."

"How do we know that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire? We're really going to take the word of this vampire? He seemed like a bit of a dimwit" I question, tossing my arms at him.

"In lieu of any other options."
Elena pulls the sheets down and sits up suddenly.

"OK, what exactly is a grimoire, anyway?" Elena asks.

"It's a witch's cookbook." Damon explains.

Stefan goes on to explain exactly what it was. "Every spell that a witch casts is unique unto itself, so every witch would document their work."

Damon nods, his eyes saying 'yes Stefan, we discussed that'

"Yeah. Cookbook."

"What about our mystery vampire? Dimwit obviously wasn't working alone, so whoever's out there knows who we are."

"And I don't like that disadvantage, so..." he claps his hands together "Chop, chop." We both start to walk out of the room, when he turns around, and continues to walk backwards out of the room while talking to Elena and Stefan.

"You know, I really like this whole menage a foursome team thing. It's got a bit of a kink to it" I roll my eyes at him and exit the room with him behind me.

"Don't screw it up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you think Damon really believes us?" I ask as I head into the kitchen for a snack. Stefan and Elena where looking through her family things in search for the journal.

"That we're trying to help him?"

Stefan shrugs ever so slightly "I don't think Damon wants to believe. Trust isn't something that comes naturally to him" Stefan explains as I hand him an apple.

"You know.." Elena speaks up from her seat. "I really think that Damon believes that everything he's done, every move that he's made, he's done for love. It's kinda twisted but kinda sad" Elena admits as she shuffled through a box of her family's stuff.

"There are other ways to get what you want. You don't have to kill people. Damon has no regard for human life. He enjoys inflicting pain on others" Stefan argues.

"For me 145 years, every single time I have let my guard down, and let Damon back into my life, he's done something to make me regret that. I'm not gonna make that mistake again"

"so what do you think will happen if the tomb gets open and Damon gets Katherine back?" I ask, weary of the answer. "I think that no matter what Damon promises, a lot of people will die" I sigh and Elena exhales.

She pulls out a picture that draws Stefans attention. "That was Jonathan Gilbert"

"What are you guys doing?" Jeremy questions as he enters. "Hey, just looking through some stuff. Feeling sentimental. Dad has this old family journal from years ago I thought I'd dig it up" Elena explains.

"Jonathan Gilbert's journal?" Jeremy asks as he hops on the counter. "Yeah, what do you know about it?"

"I just did a history report on it" Jermey explains. "Oh" Elena says in interest

"So where is it now?"

"I gave it to mister Saltzman, he wanted to see it" I exchange glances with Elena and Stefan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't find it" I mutter as I rummage through Mr.Saltzman's desk. We broke in to look for the journal, not wanting to waste any time.

"Quiet" Stefan says suddenly stopping my movements. The door burst open and mr.saltzman shoots a wooden stake at Stefan who catches it easily.

Mr.saltzman reloads and Stefan grabs the gun from him. "You shouldn't have done that" He says as he shoves him to the ground. "Stefan!" I scold as I step in front of him.

I turn to look at mr.saltzman who is now scrambling to get up. I hold my hands up to show I mean no harm. "It's okay, we're just here to talk" I explain.

Stefan points to a chair, "Have a seat"

Mr.saltzman reluctantly sits down and Stefan inspects the gun. "What is this compressed air? Make it your self? Who are you?" Stefan says taking a step towards him, seeing the fear in him I speak up,

"He wont hurt you" I say to calm him. "Unless you try that again" Stefan says as he hands him the gun.

Stefan sits down on one of the chairs, "Now..who are you?"

"I'm a teacher" Stefan tilts his head not wanting crap. "Are we gonna have to do this the hard way?" He asks. "Stefan.." I hiss low between my teeth.

"I'm also a historian, and while researching Virginia, I-made a few discoveries about your town"

"So you show up like van helsing" I joke "Come on, tell us the truth" I prod.

He chuckles "My wife was a parapsychologist. She spent her life researching paranormal activity in this area. It was her work that lead me here"

"Where's your wife?" Stefan asks "Dead. A vampire killed her" He confesses. That takes me by surprise

"Where's the Gilbert journal?" I ask crossing my arms.

"What do you want with it?" Alaric asks. "Where is it?" Stefan presses on. "It's on my desk" He says. "No it's not" I say, I searched it three times.

He looks over and then back to us.

"It was on my desk"

"How long have you been aware of me?" Stefan asks. "I learned just recently. What about your brother?"

"You met Damon" I say, recalling seeing them talk at the decade dance. "Who do you think killed my wife?" It's more of an answer than I question. I press my lips into a grim line and bite my tongue back.

"Are you certain it was Damon?" Stefan prods. "I witnessed it" I feel a chill up my spine, he's here for revenge no doubt. I can't help but understand what he feels, he lost someone too, at the hands of Damon.

"If your here for revenge, this is gonna end very badly for you" Stefan warns. "I cut wanna find out what happened to my wife"

"I thought you just said that Damon-" He cuts me off with a hand. "Yeah. I saw him, draining the life out of her. He must have heard me coming cause he just....disappeared. So did her body, they never found her" Alaric says with a sigh, looking away.

"Damon can't know why your here. He'll kill you without blinking" I nod in agreement with Stefans words. "I can take care of myself" Alaric argues.

I scoff "No you can't. We can help you, if you let us"