Miss Mystic Falls - 2

"This year's queen will have the special honor of taking stage at the hundred and fiftieth Founders' Day Gala. Before we crown our winner, we'd like to get to know a bit more about each of you." Carol Lockwood explained.

I forced a smile on my face as I talked. Oh they owe me big.

"Thank you for choosing me as a canidate. I know I don't volunteer a lot, and I know I'm not a founding family, which is why it is such a great honor to be chosen. This past year has been a whirlwind, But I don't want to be seen as the girl who's lost everything. Her mother and sister. I don't want to be a pity case, I wanna win because of who I am, I'm doing this in honor of my Mother and sister, and a promise I made my best friend"

The next day, we all had to meet up at the high school to practice the choreography, most of the guys were doing this for extra credit.

"Ariel Honey, your dance partner will be Tyler" Carol said as Tyler entered the room. I froze and the smile I had on my face faded. Carol leaned close and whispered "Be good"

We stand and face each other, bowing when Carol said to honor our partners.

I'd rather kick his ass.

"Why are you doing this?" I hissed at Tyler as we followed his mothers choreography. "I need the extra credit" He said as we put our hands together, well not together.

We had to put our hands together but stop before touching, and circle around. I cocked an eyebrow at him not believing him, like at all.

"Fine. Look I just wanted to patch things up with you, I acted like a jerk" He said as we switched sides.

"More like an ass" I said as this time we put both hands not just one, and circled.
"I'm sorry" I was about to say something else when Elena laughed and Carol scolded them for touching.

"It's about the simple intimacy of the near-touch"

"Very nice Amber" Carol cheered. Amber smiled "Thank you Mrs.Lockwood" Amber said with a smile. I gave her a thumbs up and continued with Tyler.

"If you do well on the dance, then maybe I'll forgive you"

"Bonnie. Hey." I turned my head over and saw Bonnie and Caroline with Stefan and Elena.
I rush to her side, "Hey Bon".
"Hey, how are you?" Stefan asked.
She doesn't answer, Elena and Stefan feel that there's a problem.

"I begged Bonnie to fill in for Matt, he had to work today." Caroline explained.
Elena looks at Bonnie.

"Bonnie, do you have a minute?"
Bonnie tilts her head "We only have 30 minutes for rehearsal." She says trying to subtlety say no.

"It'll only take a minute, please?" Elena pleads.
They walk out of the room.

"What's going on with them?" Caroline asked. I sighed, God I wish I could tell her everything.

"I don't know"

.......

"Ariel go get ready!" Jenna scolded me, taking the hair curler from me and placing it down. I was helping Tina get ready, mainly because I'd do anything to get out of this.

"But Jenna, I could totally help everyone and still do my look" I argued as she sat me down at my designated vanity.

"And have you seen Amber, I haven't seen her-"

"Your already here and you're not getting out of this" I sighed defeated as she started brushing my hair. Some time had passed and she had managed to do my hair.

It was curled and layered in place with hairspray, like a lot. *picture above*

"You look so much like your mother"

I smiled at her complement. Jenna knew my mother though Miranda, who was my mothers best friend. Actually now that I think of it, all of our mothers were friends.

Miranda, Danielle, Liz and Abby were all friends. Abby is Bonnie's mother, but she left her when she was little. But to think that their daughters grew up to be friends, I hope our kids are friends just like us.

After I got changed into a long purple dress, *imagine it a little more silkier like Elenas*
I went to find Amber, and found her in the changing room. Freaking out.

"You'll do fine Amber" I said in a relaxing voice, trying to sooth her, trying to calm down a panicking Amber. She had panic attacks when it came to being the center of attention.

"Are you sure? It's just the spotlight-" I grabbed her shoulders and shook her gently.

"Amber relax! This is your moment to shine, our moment! Come on, we might not be from the founding families but we made this town, we still make it. Let's go show them who's boss"

Amber nodded and smiled, calming down just a bit.

"Alright, I'm just going to take some air" I nodded and let her go, "Wow nice pep talk" My heart jumped as I whirled around and saw Elena and Damon. "Way to scare a girl"

She leaves and closes the door. Elena takes her dress, she sees Damon in the mirror.]

"We need to talk."

"Does it have to be right now?" Elena said annoyed.
Damon of course continued anyway "Normally I would have a completely different outlook of what I'm about to tell you but since it could really inconvenience me, I'll squeal."

Elena and I exchanged glances "What are you talking about?"

"Stefan's still drinking human blood." He said, dropping a major bomb.

"What?!" Elena and I exclaimed.

Damon continued "Yeah, a month ago I would have rejoiced but with the council back on the alert, it is not a good time for Stefan to fly off the handle."

Elena rambled on "I know he's been a little edgy but he said that was normal."

"He has a fridge full of stolen blood bank contraband in the house." Damon counters, shocking me.

Elena sat down on the couch overwhelmed. "Oh my god."
I almost raked a hand through my hair. Almost.

"He has no idea what normal is, his entire existence isn't normal. Normal to a vampire is drinking human blood but he spent all this time fighting it when he should have been learning to control it and now it's controlling him instead." Damon explained.

"I can't believe this. I mean, it's Stefan that we're talking about here." I argued.

"Stefan on human blood Ariel; he'll do anything, he'll say anything because he's not gonna want to stop. Trust me."

Elena rambled as she paced "This is all my fault; I'm the one who fed him the blood in the first place."
Stefan enters, interrupting us.

"What's going on in here?" Stefan asked confused.
"I was just filling Elena on your extra-curricular activities."
Stefan laughed like if he had no idea what we were talking about "What are you talking about?"

"We know about the blood, Stefan." Elena told him, and he lowered his eyes in embarrassment.

"I'm uh - I'll be downstairs, drinking." Damon said, excusing himself, "And I'm gonna go get in line" I mumbled, rushing after Damon. I caught up to him before he went down the stairs.

"Do you think he'll be alright?" I asked him. "I have no idea"