162 Candles - 3

Lexi and I walk into the grill. I have to say Caroline knows how to throw a good party.

I'm wearing a a red strapless dress that reaches my knees, with embroidery at the ends, it's the only thing I had. We walk through the grill and run into Damon. "Where's my brother?" He asks us both. "Said he'd meet us here" Lexi replied. "Buy you a.." Damon starts but doesn't finish cause Lexi stalks off and I follow, not wanting to be with Damon.

This has to be the best I've felt in weeks. It's good to get out, the more I drink the more weight I feel lift off my shoulder. "Okay, I'm gonna need a little more foot movement" Lexi asks of Stefan as we dance.

"Yeah I'm not really- not really interested in making a fool out of myself" Stefan explains. I giggle "Come on your not that bad" Lexi says, clapping her hands. "Do me a favor. Tell me if you see Damon with his camera phone" He asks.

"Right" Me and Lexi say as we pull him.

We go over to the pool table and I watch as Stefan manages to shoot. "Woo!" I yell as I give me a high five. "Nice" Lexi exclaims. We continue our chatter, laughing and joking.

I left Stefan and Lexi to enjoy their night, after all, I didn't want to intrude. "TYLER!" I screeched as I threw my arms around my boy best friend. "Are you drunk?" He questioned with a laugh. I pressed my fingers together and smiled "Maybe a little" Tyler only laughed. I spin around the grill like a butterfly.

God, being drunk off my butt is awesome.

I have zero care in the world, like like I said, a free butterfly. Although I should probably stop drinking before I blab about vampires. "Come on let's go play pool"

I cheer in victory when the hole goes through the little hole at the corner. "I win!" I yell at Tyler. Except he's not paying much attention, I follow his gaze to see Sheriff Forbes and her deputies storm though the crowds.

I watch in horror as they take Lexi, they must have drugged her or something cause she's not putting up much of a fight, oh hell, vervain. "Wonder what's happening" Tyler murmurs, "That's what I'd like to know" I mutter, placing the cue stick down on the table and rushing off.
"Excuse me, excuse me" I say with a grunt, trying to push through the crowds. I try to follow them outside but a deputy stops me, stopping Stefan as well when he appears.

Stefan turns and runs to the back and Elena and I follow him, we go out through the back and run to the corner. I was able to peek and see the sheriff shooting at Vicki before Damon appears and stabs her in the chest with a stake.

I gasp in shock and so does Elena. Stefan pulls us both back and we hide against the wall. "Oh my god" Stefan breaths as we watch Damon twist the stake in her chest and Lexi falls dead. Memories of Vicki flash in my mind and I bite my tongue in order to focus on that physical pain.

~

"Stefan. Stefan!" I call out to him, I grab his arm and force him to look back. "He killed her" He fumes. "He killed Zach. He killed Tanner. He turned Vicki. I have to kill him" He says turning and storming off.

Elena follows after him but I stay glued to my spot. At the mention of all those people, of Zach, Tanner, Lexi and Vicki, I feel the tears wanting to form. I watched Damon do those things to innocent people.

Sure Tanner was a dick but he didn't deserve what Damon did to him. And Vicki, she didn't even get the chance to turn her life around. Zach, he watched me grow. He was like a father to me and he took him away from me. And Lexi...I didn't know her long, but we bonded during her short time her. She was nice to me, she seemed kinda like a big older sister to me.

I pull out her purse. I managed to snatch it before the cops could. I should give this to Stefan. I look up to find Elena standing alone. I walk up to her and she turns to me. "Do you think he'll do it?" She asks. I shake my head and shrug. "I don't know"

Instead of going to the boarding house I went home. Matt wasn't here, but I wasn't exactly worried. He had left before the cops had showed with Caroline, so I can assume he's there. I place lexis purse on my nightstand and change into a pair of shorts and a baggy shirt. I got under the covers and drifted off to sleep.