Unpleasentville - 1

"It's so pretty" Caroline exclaims as she looks down at her necklace.

"God, it'll go with like, everything. What's the occasion" Caroline asks Elena. Stefan got Elena a set of necklaces and bracelets which he laced with vervain.

"No occasion. Just a little friend gift" Elena says as we all sit down.

"Lesbian friend necklace? Cause we're freaky like that?" Caroline jokes. "Your friendship is important to me" Elena states.

"Why you being so mushy?" Caroline asks. "Because you've been avoiding me, and I wanted you to know that whatever is going on with you and Matt, it's okay" Caroline freezes for a second.

"I was gonna talk to you about that, both of you, I was. But there's not much to say. We've hung out a couple of times, that's it, but...I just feel like we've peaked as friends" Caroline admits. I smile. Aw, my brother has a girlfriend.

"This is weird. I shouldn't be talking to you two about this. It's weird, it's weird right?" Caroline rants. "It's a little weird but if it's what you and Matt want then it's not about me" Elena states.

Caroline knits her brows, "But it's all about you Matt's not over you and we all know it" This makes Elena purse her lips. "She's with Stefan now. Matt understands he needs to move on" I say even though I half believe my own words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe your adopted. Never saw that coming" I say as I clean my hands on the napkins. Stefan dropped the bomb on her and then she confronted Jenna who confirmed it with her silence and that her parents said not to say anything and my god, this year is full of surprises.

"And it gets weirder. I looked at my birth certificate, it's lists Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as my birth parents. None of it makes any sense" Elena explains confused.

"Which is why you should ask Jenna" Bonnie adds. Elena let's out an annoyed groan. "First of all the Elena we know would always want the truth, good or bad" Bonnie comments.

"And second of all?" Elena questions. "You just found out your boyfriend is a vampire, so unless your birth parents are aliens...how bad could it be?" I question.

Elena chuckled "Ok, look I have to go to the store, my outfit for the dance is severely lacking accessories" Elena says getting up. "Ok I'll pay the bill" Bonnie says as Elena leaves.

I get up and grab my purse just as Bonnie turns, meeting face to face with Damon. "What do you want from me?" Bonnie asks him. I stand next to Bonnie.

"I think we need a fresh start" He says. "You tried to kill me" Well on that she has a point. 

"But I didn't. And if I wanted to, I would have. Does that not count for anything"

"I can start fires with my mind. Fires kill vampires, right?" I look at Damon and grab his arm.

"Don't cause a scene" I hiss at them both. "Just stay the hell away from me" Bonnie tells him once more. "Is everything okay over here?" A bartender asks, I recognized him, his name was Ben. He was on the football team at school, and is now a busboy, I think.

"Yeah we're fine" Damon replies. "I wasn't talking to you" Ben says, stepping closer. Damon stares at him and I tug at his arm. "Damon!" I hiss. Damon turns around and I pull him out.

"You've got balls going after a witch" I mutter under my breath. He smirks at me "Wanna see them" I gag at his words and he laughs.

"Your so cocky"