Lost Girls - 2

"She may only have a few hours" Stefan reveals. "She's upstairs with him now" Elena says in frantic panic. Elena leans across the table, raking her hair.

"It's okay. She doesn't know what's happening to her yet" Stefan assures.

"So when is she gonna know?" I ask.

"Right now, she doesn't remember anything. A part of her is still human. But slowly the deeper she gets into the transition, the memories will start to come back. And then she'll know she has to make the choice" Elena straightens up and looks at him.

"The same choice you made?" He doesn't say anything, looking away slowly.

I spin on my heels when I hear Matt yell Vicki's name. I run towards the front to see Matt looking around the yard in worry. I run after him, and everyone else runs behind us.

"She was fine and then she just-she just freaked out" Jeremy exclaimed from the door.

I look around in panic, she's gone. "I'm gonna go look for her, call me if you hear anything" Matt says to me, I nod and let him go.

"Be careful, please!" I call out to him as he gets in his truck.

"I can track her" Stefan says to both me and Elena. "I'm going with you. I can't lose more family" I command. He shakes his head.

"No, Ariel"

"But Stefan" I whine like a kid.

"Your human, she's already struggling. You stay here. I'll call if anything"
~
I sit at the Gilbert's table. Raking fingers through my hair. I can't think straight. All I can think about is how Vicki is become a vampire. God. This was never supposed to happen. Damon was supposed to have died.

Zach would still be alive, and Vicki wasn't supposed to be going through this right now.

How has my life gone to absolute hell?

The doorbell rings making me snap out of my thoughts. The three of us, Elena, Jermey and I head to see who it is. Elena opens the door but the second she does try's to shut it. It's no use and Damon opens the door wider with easy.

"Jeremy, go upstairs" Elena orders of him. Jeremy frowns but does as he's told.

"Your afraid of me." Damon says amused. "I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess. Stefan finally fessed up" He tilts his head at me.

"Am I wrong?" I growl and hiss. "Go to hell"

"We'll now, there's no need to be rude. I'm just was just looking for Stefan. May I come in?" He directs the last bit at Elena.

"Oh wait. Of course I can I've been invited" Both of us take small steps back as he comes in. He closes the door and scans the door before back at us.

"We can cut to the chase. I'm not gonna kill you right now. That wouldn't serve my greater agenda" He says crossing his arms. "So...where's Stefan" I'm about to lie, say the first thing that comes to mind, but Elena beats me to it.

"He's out looking for Vicki" I close my eyes shut and ball my fists. Great. "Don't look at me with those judges little eyes. Girls gonna thank me for what I did to her" Damon says stepping closer. We back away but hit the railing. "Did you thank Katherine?" I sneer in his direction. He only replies him a 'Mmh'. He heads to the door.

"Tell my brother I'm looking for him. Oh, tip for later. Be careful who you invite in the house"
Asshat.

Me and Elena sit on her porch swing. We're are both equally anxious. We still aren't talking. I feel bad. I shouldn't have snapped at her like that, I was about to apologize for what I said when Stefan came into view.

His shirt was soaked in blood.

"You're bleeding" Elena says as she gets up and goes to him. He grabs her hands, "It's okay, I'm okay" I swallow the lump in my throat.

She's not with him. I slowly rise from my seat, my breath giving out. Stefan turns to me with sorrow in his eyes.

"I couldn't stop her. I tried" I feel the tears wanting to fall already.

"What does that mean?" I ask, my voice quavering. He let go of Elena and walked to me, "She fed, and then I lost her" . Behind him Elena gasps. My mouth opens and closes, trying to figure out what to say.

He grabs me, "I will find her, and I will show her, that she can live like I do. I will make sure that she does not hurt anybody, Ariel. I promise you"

Ok, well she feed. I mean at least she's not dead, I mean that's good right?

Stefan sighs and turns to me. "I am so sorry" I sniff as the tears slowly start falling down my face.

"I need to go, I-I can't be here, right now" I say picking up my purse and fleeing.
When I got home I found the small bag with my prescription hidden in a vase. I pick the bag up and go inside, I enter the kitchen and take a pill. At least they'll help with the attacks.

I get under the covers of my head and drift asleep.