Night Of The Comet - 3

"Tonight Night of the comet" Bonnie says handing a woman a flyer. The three of us were at the town square distributing papers for tonights event.

In almost 100 years, we will be the lucky few to see the comet. Legend has it, the last time it came through town bad things happened, well the Legend and Bonnie.

"He didn't call, huh?" I ask Elena.

She told me what happens yesterday at Stefan's place. I must have missed her by the hour.

And then I told her about dinner at there place last night, she was almost hurt she wasn't invited.

"Or text. But then I realize we never exchanged that stuff. We've never gotten to the texting part"

"That's an important milestone in any relationship" Bonnie comments.

Elena sighs "Isn't it? The timing is wrong, anyway"

"When is it ever right?" I comment. Elena needs to start dating, get out there. Move on.

"I'm not ready Ariel" Elena argues.

"Who is?"

"At least I put myself out there"

"Is that what your calling it?" Bonnie says skeptically. "What do you mean?" Elena questions confused.

"All we're hearing is reasons why you can't"

...............

The girls and I maneuver our way through the crowd of people overflowing the square.

"Here I got some candles" Caroline says when we reach her, handing us homemade candles.

"Thanks" I say as she lights up my candle with her own. I see Matt making his way over to us, or better put Elena.

"Come on girls" I say, linking arms with both care and Bonnie before dragging them away to the side.

We watch them exchange words but then Stefan appears and Elena focuses on him. I walk over to Matt and gave him a small pat.

"Sorry about that" I say. I watch out of the corner of my eye as Elena blows out her candle and walks away from Stefan. I heaved a sigh and walked over to him.

"I'm guessing that didn't go as planned huh?" I asked as I stopped next to him. He shook his head. "No, not really" I smiled softly.

"Well I guess it didn't help hearing your brother talk about you ex" He stiffened in his step, his face strained.

"I'm sorry. Sensitive topic?" He only nods "Something like that" I tilt my head to the side and inspect him.

I'm usually good at reading people. But he's like a safe. Locked away inside.

"Wanna talk? Trust me I can handle whatever you throw at me" We walk for a bit.

Talking about Damon and ex. She broke him, but even I can tell he's past her.

"Ariel!" I look back and see Matt.

"Hey what's up"

"Its Vicki she's missing"

"What?" I ask in disbelief. "Have you two seen her?"

I shake my head "No"

"I'll keep a lookout" Stefan says before turning away.

"Hey." Matt calls out, making him stop. 
"I saw you at the hospital yesterday" I furrow my brow at this and look at Stefan in confusion.

"Did you?"

"What were you doing there?" Matt asks.

"Visiting"

"Visiting?" Matt says, not believing him. Stefan nods.

"Look. Elena and I, we've known each other for a long time. We might not be together right now, but I look out for her. And I will always look out for her" I roll my eyes and fight the urge to slap him in the back of the head.

For Pete's sake, sorry wrong choice of words.

For HEAVENS SAKE!

Vickis missing and all he cares about is fighting for Elena. Stefan tilts his head back not saying anything.

He looks back at Matt. "Excuse me" He says before walking away.

I give Matt a glare before following him.

For a second he's in front of me, only a few yards away before he runs so fast that I don't see him anymore.

What the hell? I run out into the parking lot and look around, trying to figure out where he went.

I look up and see two people on the edge. Except one looks like Vicky and someone's holding her. I freeze in my steps.

I want to scream but that'll only call attention so I do the next best thing and run to the building.

I go inside the apartment building and climb the stairs all the way to the top. When I get to the door that leads to the roof I turn the handle and yank it open. I run out and see three people.

The person closer to me whips his head around and his eyes widen when they see me, and I'm sure mine do the same.

Stefan.

I must have gotten here in the middle of something cause Vick's on the ground. "Vicky!" I yell and start rushing to her but someone blocks me.

It's dark so I can't really see his face well. But I can see he has blue eyes, he's tall, and has dark hair.

Oh my god. It's Damon!

"Well how did you find us?" He asks while licking his lips, his eyes trailing me.

"Get away from her!" Stefan yelled.  Damon doesn't move and neither do I. He grabs me making me jump at his touch and I squirm. "Let me go!" I yell struggling against him.

He stares into my eyes so intently I feel like he's reading my soul.

"Your gonna forget this. Your gonna take your friend and your gonna say that you found her in an alley" I almost laugh at this but given the situation I scream.

"You think I'm gonna forget this!" I pull my leg up hard, kicking him in the shin and he backs away, well more like He pulls away from me like I'm a poison and draws a hand to his face.

"Great" He mutters before picking up Vicky. "Don't touch her!" I yell but he doesn't care, I make a move but Stefan gets in front of me so quickly I almost trip.

He whispers something to her and she stops crying almost instantly.

"What happened? Where am I? Oh, I ripped my stitches open. Ah.." She says pushing her hair back and letting me get a good view of her neck.

"You okay?" Stefan asks. "I took some pills, man" She says before getting up.

"Vicki.." I said and make a move to her but Stefan stops me, and Vicky walks away like I'm not here. What in the actual hell.

"It's good to be home. Think I might stay awhile. This town needs a bit of a wake up call. Don't you think" Damon said making me look at him.

"What did you do to her!" I yell. He ignores me for the most part. Focused on Stefan. "What are you up to, Damon?" 

So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say this is his revenge that he was talking about.

"That's for me to know and for you to..dot dot dot. Give Elena my best" My eyes widen in horror, Why do I feel sick to my stomach all of a sudden?

he turns to look at me with a smile. "As up for you.." He reaches out to me, his eyes turned bloodshot red and for some reason dark colored veins appeared making me startled.

Stefan reaches for him in an attempt to stop him but Damon is stronger and he throws his brother to the side.

"Stefan!" I yell as Damon grabs me and everything turns black.