A Few Good Men - 1

Bonnies Grams died. Before I could fall asleep after well, Damon, Elena called me frantic. Bonnies Grams died. I ran over right away to comfort her, we stayed with her till her dad came to pick her up.

It was heartbreaking, and the funeral was nice, it was close friends and family. And it brought back memories, about my moms funeral. Bonnie left town, she's staying at her aunts for awhile, till she's ready to come back.

I've also taken an early morning shift at the grill to help Matt with the bills, besides it's money we need.

I yawn as I walk the steps to my house and do a double take when I see a figure standing there. "Ahem" I cough, making them turn to me. Kelly Donovan, my aunt.

"Kelly" I sneer and cross my arms at her. She smiles a fake ass smile and looks me up and down.

"Ariel. You haven't changed a bit" I scowl, "Jeez thanks for noticing" She ignores my comment and goes inside the house.

I follow after her and what I see is a shock. "Oh my god" I breathe out.

Matt and Caroline look up at my voice. They are both shirtless, Caroline in her bra, and under my brother. They both look up in embarrassment.

"Not on my couch" Kelly scolds. "Mom, Ariel" Matt says as Caroline covers her face in shame and he puts a couch pillow on top of her.

I sit at the kitchen table, swirling a knife in my hands.  If only I could use it.

"So, it's been a few months, where have you been?" Matt asks his mother as he cooks eggs.

"Ah, you know. Here and there, never one place too long, you know Pete" Kelly responds.

"No we don't, actually cause you never bring him around" I say as I stare at her back. She ignores what I said, brushing it off and focuses on Matt.

"So, blondes the new flavor of the month, huh? So sorry I scared her off" Kelly says as she heads to the cupboards for a wine glass.

I scowl at her comment. "She's not a flavor mom, I like her '' Matt replies.

"So, she's the one?" Kelly asks with exaggeration. "No, probably not but maybe" Matt says truthfully.

"Matt, seriously, Lezzie Forbes daughter? Ucch '' I ball my hands into fist.

"Kelly, seriously knock it off" She rolls her eyes at me for calling her Kelly and hands me her cup. "Ice please?" I growl but compile getting up to get the ice.

"So, have you heard from Vicky?" Matt asks as he sits down. I hand her the cup of ice and she pours herself a drink "No, but don't worry. She'll come home eventually when she needs something. I played that game" She says, sitting in her seat.

"Are you playing it now?" I snap. "No"

"Then what are you doing home?" Matt asks. "You two trying to say I need a reason to come back?" I frown. Yes. I think as I serve myself some lunch. When Kelly sees our silence she sets aside her cup and leans forward.

"Sit down you two. Eat with me, tell me everything I've missed, mmm"

I'm probably the only girl in mystic falls, who's been in Tyler's room, without the intention of sex. Tyler sits at his desk while I sit cross legged on his bed. I'm supposed to be helping him study Math, (at least that's what I told his mother, and I am, sort of) instead I rant about Kelly as I furiously highlight my notes.

"After months away, she finally comes home and says to me "Ariel...you haven't changed a bit" I say in mocking tone, mimicking Kelly's tone. Tyler takes the notebook from my hand, probably worried I'd tear a hole in it, and replaces it with his sketch book.

I ran out of supplies months ago over the summer. Since paints and brushes cost so much money, I never told Zach because I didn't want him spending money on me, and I have more important things to worry about like rent.

I paint mostly for fun, sometimes borrowing paint from Tyler because he mostly sketches.

"She comes home only when she needs money or her boyfriend dumps her" I mutter as I start sketching an outline of a pair of lips with fangs. What could I say, I'm bored.

"She expects it to be fine, but she's no doubt going to leave us once it becomes to much again!" I groan as I tore a hole through the page.

Tyler takes the book from me and closes it "What you need is a spa day" He suggests as he leans against his chair. I chuckle "Yea, a spa day, wouldn't that be wonderful" I reply sarcastically.

With what time? "What I need is a day, just a day away from Mystic falls" I say with a groan as I plop down on his bed, his soft, comfortable bed.

I buried my head in one of the pillows and took a breath. "Either that or sleep for 100 years" I mutter into the pillow.

I groaned as I shot up and checked the time, "Ugh, I gotta go. I have to be at the grill in an hour, worse I have to drive Kelly" I mutter a curse as I stretch and loom over Tyler's shoulder.

"A werewolf?" I question in surprise at his sketch. Tyler shrugged

"I don't know, What about your vampire teeth?" I open my mouth to say something, instead I repeat what he said

"I don't know"