Chapter 5

(Pic is Alba's transformation into her Phoenix Aurora) Song pitch perfect 2 Das sound machine Finale

Alba's POV

I was suddenly woke up with Mitch shaking my shoulder. "Someone better be dying I don't appreciate this." "Angel if you don't get up know someone will die, Rogues get to safety NOW! Katrina and Richard are here they'll show you to the safe room." With that he kissed my forehead, got out of the bed before he ran out the door he looked back at me with sorrow and dashed out. I quickly got up leaving my pjs on I threw on an over sized jumper and jeans no time to change. I threw my hair into a pony tail. I ran downstairs and heard a girl wailing. I turned the corner and Karina and her mum were crying my parents rushed up to me. "Rogues took Richard. Anthony and Alpha Mitch are fighting them and Carla just linked Anthony informing him of Richards kidnapping." "What direction did they take him Carla?" My parents gave me a knowing look. "No sweetie stay here your only getting used to flying you haven't even started with fire." "Mum, dad appreciate the concern but have a little faith in me. Now I won't repeat myself WHERE!" Carla pointed east.
"Aurora I know I've not trained in fire so please take over and be careful of Richard and or any other pups they may have taken." I'm with you we'll get him back, I'll take over now. I asked everyone to back away, I felt heat swarm all around me he didn't hurt as much this time. Your getting used to the shift that's good child. My eyes burned a little I could hear them gasp, my body erupted into flames as my wings started to sprout through. My shift was far faster with Aurora in control. Aurora took off threw the open door her piercing cry echoed through the forest to warn the intruders.
There Alba they have four pups Richard is being carried I sense more power from that pup so it must be Richard. "Ok big diversion let's put on a show and see if we can separate those barbarians from the pups." Now your thinking like me.

I could feel my spine scorch with heat and watched as it spread through every part of my form. We flew in front of the Rogues so fast they were a blur Aurora reached her wings into the earth and made a circle of fire surrounding the Rogues blocking all means of escapee. She landed in her circle and allowed partial shift till just her wings were visible and on fire still. "Ok diseased beasts here's how it's going to work you can either hand those pups over to me and mostly live, or you can be stubborn hold off and all die excruciating deaths your choice, oh and a TIMES A TICKING!"
"What are you freak." "Really you'd think after over 200years you'd come up with a better retort." Nice Aurora. She fluffed up her plumage in boast. "What makes you think we'll just hand them over you can't take us if we're holding the pups you want so bad, why even care we're not your kind." "You know the last person who spoke to me like that ended up being my lovely ashy mattress god I miss the screaming but you'll have to do." Wow really she did that.
By now we saw the warriors and Mitch no Koto on the other side of my flames. Don't worry Alba the pups will be safe I assure you watch this. I raised my hands as Auroras fire skimmed past the grass and blasted into the Rogues chest they dropped the pups who ran instantly to me. "Kids close your eyes and cover your ears now." They did as I asked Aurora was true to her word she killed them slowly making them suffer. They tried to roll on the ground to stamp out the flames that didn't work. They were in agony their screams almost burst my eardrums Aurora was thrilled. Some were blinded by flames they ran right into our wall of fire instantly turning to ash. I was starting to feel weak. "Aurora please finish it now I can't keep this up." With my plea she had pushed the fire through their hearts no more Rogues she dispersed the flames as I saw the pups run to their parents Carla caught Richard before I collapsed from the effort. Even though Aurora took over she was using my body and I was nowhere near ready for this kind of power so it drained me fast but at least the pups are safe.
I felt a warm wall lift me into the air tingles it's Mitch he kissed my cheeks as I felt something wet drip down, 'please don't cry Mitch I'm just sleeping.' I sent the plea out in hopes to comfort him.
Sleep child I promise you'll get stronger I'm surprised and thrilled you lasted that long I'm glad I never doubted your strength. I will keep you company till you wake. She was beautiful usually I only see her wings or talons but as I lay there she perched beside me in all her glory, I need to see Mitch I know I just met him maybe it's the mate bond but I desperately wish to see him. Soon Alba soon rest and you will see him quicker. Ok I tried to calm my panicked mind and suddenly everything was black I was at peace.

Mitch's POV

"Dr.Wesley WHEN THE HELL IS SHE GOING TO WAKE UP, DO SOMETHING WAKE YOUR LUNA UP NOW!" "Son calm down, Alba will wake when she's ready, according to Colin and Hazel she's never used her fire element before she's going to wake up when she's fully rested sweetie Alba's stronger than we all thought." "Mum not now." I sit next to her on her small hospital bed I move locks of hair from her eyes. She saved my brother and our other pups. How will I ever thank her enough. I haven't had my mate long and already I crave her touch I want her to look at me to talk to me it's been four damn long days since their attempted kidnapping. I don't know if those Rogues were following orders or did what they did for themselves. Usually we take at least one for interrogations but Alba and Aurora killed all, which I'm glad of and grateful for but I don't know their motives and that's what scares me if they come back, no I will be prepared, Alba used all her strength to make sure not a hair was harmed on all the pups now I need to keep them safe. 
"What is it Ross?" I didn't look up from Alba's sleeping form but I knew that scent. "Alpha it was a planned attack we received a message from their leader." I feared that. "Hand it over do you have their messenger detained." "Yes Alpha we have chained him in the interrogation cell awaiting your orders." I can't leave Alba what if she wakes up and I'm not here. As if sensing my internal struggle Alba's mother comes in. "Sorry to interrupt Alpha if you are busy I will happily watch over my daughter and inform you if she wakes up." Hazel bowed in respect. I nodded to her. I kissed my mates forehead lingering there enjoying the sparks that I feel on my lips. "I won't be long angel." I nodded to Hazel again and stood from the bed as she sat on the chair next to her daughter. Right this shit is ending now.