Chapter 11

pic left is Alba's red princess puffy gown decorated in log silver sequences and diagonal feathering on the skirt. Right is the Queens Royal blue off the shoulder illusion lace blue long sleeves diagonal ruffling on the skirt. Song Ed Sheeran Perfect.

Alba's POV

It was the time for the ball I put on my 6piece hoop petticoat and had Mitch help me into my gown I sat on the bed lifted my dress up and put my shoes on. I put on my earrings and styled my hair in a romantic curly Updo, luckily Bethany gave me a makeup tutorial as she was extremely good at it. "Baby your stunning but MINE ONLY!" I couldn't help but laugh at his possessiveness. "Yes Sir." I fluttered my lashes flirtatiously. Earning a growl. I didn't need a shawl or anything this gown was crazy big and I felt toasty from the weight of it I took Mitch's arm and reached my right arm down to gather my dress up as we walked down the grand staircase till we reached the great ballroom. We're again we waited to be announced, once we were announced we entered and saw everyone dressed in their fine dress.
We were handed some champagne as I released my hold on my gown to pick up the flute and I thanked the waiter.
We introduced ourselves to other Luna's and Alphas because I was newly marked Mitch didn't take his arm off my waist as male werewolves particularly Alphas were extremely possessive after marking. Any unmated Alpha in here that hadn't found his Luna Mitch had a stare down with, I inwardly rolled my eyes I mean come on they weren't even looking my way.
After our general meet and greet Mitch lead me to the dance floor for a waltz I was surprised to say the least he was very dashing and knew the waltz well, I was very impressed. With one arm supporting just below my shoulder blades his right hand gentle but firmly took my right hand as we danced effortlessly around the floor with the other couples. I felt a sudden chill like I was being watched and shivered. "Cold angel?" Mitch looked down with worry and concern as we continued to dance. "No I'm fine." I wasn't fine I still felt as if someone was watching me. After our dance we were called to line up to welcome the royal family the King and Queen I've never met, their son the crown prince arrived. He was considered a bit of a hunk by She wolves, I could see his slight outer appeal but I wasn't one of those she wolves, I didn't find him drool worthy. Although I did see the other young Luna's bat eyelashes at him I certainly wasn't one of them.
I always called him the jerk prince. He actually rejected his mate for being an omega she wolf in some pack, which was true. He wanted a choice mate. It is said a second chance mate can happen if your mate passes away and the bond can be just as strong. When choice mates are selected and the bond either doesn't last long or is incredibly weakened by the rejection of his Fated mate granted by the Moon Goddess. It's also like a slap in the face to the Moon Goddess who I respect as much as my mate. She chose perfection for each and this Prince pretty much bitch slapped her eeeehhhh I hate him already.
Mitch held waist tightly as our time approached he saw the Prince smile coyly at me, which I wanted to throw up at the sight. He's not ugly but not impressive enough to make me swoon over. I saw some Luna's shaking and their mates like mine were sneering at the Prince. I stretched up on my toes and kissed my mate in a short kiss pouring as much love into it as I could, the Prince noticed I don't care. I want Mitch to know I only ever have eyes for him. I pulled back landed squarely on my feet again, as our turn was next Mitch smiled down at me with otter devotion before straightening to his full 6ft5. The impassive Alpha look went back on his face and he held my waist tightly even though my gown took quite a bit of room.
"Ah Alpha and Luna of the Mystique West Pack son this is Alpha Mitch and his stunning mate Luna Alba." The King addressed his son. I curtsied to both the King and Queen then to the prince at least now I recognise it was his creepy eyes on me earlier. Vile Prince I'll throw up for you Alba I tried not to laugh as she made gagging noises in my head. "Your Majesties, your Royal Highness thank you for inviting us." I ended up speaking because my mate was having a sneering competition with the prince even though it was customary for the Alpha to greet the royals, my mate certainly was in no mood. The Queen looked at the king a knowing look between them, then she smiled to me and my mate. "Thank you Luna Alba your incredibly beautiful in that gown." "Not nearly as lovely as you your majesty and thank you." I squeezed Mitch's arm. "Oh right thank you for inviting us Majesties." He bowed to the King and Queen but ignored the Prince. Most other Alphas gasped in horror at his blatant disrespect but the young Alphas with mates fawning over the prince smiled to Mitch. I blushed thankfully my makeup covered my embarrassment. I grabbed Mitch's hand as he lifted the right side of his lip in warning to the Prince. "Mitch time to go baby." I whispered but loud enough for the Prince who wasn't thrilled that I didn't fawn over him like the rest of the Luna's. Mitch grabbed my waist again and I picked up my gown to walk down the stairs. Thank Moon Goddess that's over.
I saw a waiter and grabbed a flute of champagne for Mitch I've already had one and until next year I'm still not legal to drink so I look for the waitress carrying the punch, and she hands me a glass I thank her and we find a couple of chairs to sit at, my dress is humongous I never realised how big till we had to move our chairs so far from other guests. Some Luna's complimented me. Some sneered what's new. Small minded jumped up literal bitches, they don't deserve to be mated to Alphas they think they're above it all. I was more than happy to watch other couples dance I'm not used to wearing heels this much nor a dress I can hardly breath in or carry, but this is a fine evening excluding the peering prince. Mitch looked very uncomfortable with him clearly he wanted to loose it with him I also saw Koto fighting to the surface often. I didn't realise just how hard not putting the Prince in his place was for them both.
"Baby can we go for some air, it's too stuffy in here." It wasn't actually but I needed him calm so maybe this might help him. "With pleasure Angel." He stood from his chair, faced me and bowed with his right hand extended towards me I giggled and happily accepted his hand as he pulled me out of my seat, placing my arm into the nook of his left arm, and we walked out to the patio were another couple were in the gardens below. We came to a stop outside and admired the exquisite view the moon was so bright giving a wonderful glow around the gardens.
"I'm sorry love." I looked into his completely confused. "I am kind of out of control right now I should have introduced us you've done more than you should have done. I'm very fortunate and blessed to have you as my Luna, my mate and no offence to the Queen but your my Queen." Aww OMG Fawning fawning right now. "I love you too Mitch." His smile hit the stars shining above us. He bent down and I wrapped my arms around his neck as he put so much passion and love into the kiss that a silent tear ran down my face. His thumb lightly brushed it away as we both pulled away for air.

We were called to the great hall for our five course dinner. It was fine dining at its best the opulent crystal chandeliers hung above us the chairs were the same distance apart as so were the utensils on the table there were name cards at our places. Mitch and I were in the middle the Royals would actually sit opposite us Mitch wasn't happy that he was facing the Prince he actually groaned. I elbowed him to silence him, as I sat on Mitch's right and on my right was a nice Luna I chatted with briefly earlier. Luna Cecil of The Rose Valour Pack. We stood in front of our chairs awaiting the Royal family to take there seats first. The King and Queen arrived first the Queen's right hand over the Kings as he clasped her right hand he guided his wife to her seat both the Prince and King waited for the Queen to sit first, then once she was seated they both sat and the king motioned for us all to sit after.
We were in all conversation I talked briefly to Luna Cecil she mentioned sadly the pups from her pack were indeed stolen. I could feel the fire from Aurora course through me, she was the guardian after all it made her increasingly angry. Mitch grabbed my leg under the table to comfort Aurora. He whispered in my ear "don't worry Aurora love you'll have your vengeance but right now you need to breathe and calm yourself your Phoenix is showing." That was enough for Aurora to calm herself. She didn't want all the Alphas and Luna's to know of us, for our protection the fewer people knew the better.
The King and Queen gave me curious glances they probably knew I was no werewolf, I hope they didn't know what exactly I was. After the royal family began to eat we all began to eat as well. The courses were absolutely delicious. I felt an ache in my chest suddenly that knocked the breath out of me I rubbed my chest, I looked at a King and Queen they were mind linking. Royal packs pups are in trouble I sense the pups and their fears GO ALBA! I immediately stood and leave as Mitch begins to follow I don't wait as I know the King and Queen look puzzled but follow me. I rush out the back entrance guards try to stop me. I look back at the Queen desperate to get out Aurora fighting to the surface agitated with the damn guards in her way.