Chapter 6

Pic of dark underground dungeon tunnel.

Mitches POV

I take the elevator down to the dungeon. I had the mansion built on top of it there are also a series of hidden tunnels around the house I will show Alba sometime there are several underground safe rooms. Anyway I walk down the dimly lit hallway. I can smell the rogue I have three interrogation cells I had to the scent that offends my scenes the most the guard Patrick bows and greets "Alpha" "is Beta Ross in there?" He nods "Yes Alpha." I motion for him to open the gate as I enter he is chained to the wall with his knees up, Ross stands as I enter and bows. "Alright move him to the chair." The guard and Ross unchain him and quickly move and chain him to the iron chair they make sure he's clasped in before he regains his strength. He's not a warrior or a fighter just a messenger but you can never be too careful with these kinds of Rogues.

"Why did your friends try to take our pups and I won't ask nicely another time." I waited and waited he started laughing crazy man. "Right looks like you prefer pain. Beta clamps." Ross hands me metal clamps 🗜 I ram the clamps into his wrists till I hear a satisfying crunch and one horrendous scream from him. "AHH LOOK IM JUST A MESSENGER ALL I KNOW IS WE WORK FOR HUMANS!" And with that he bites down on shit a false tooth and foams at the mouth, he poisoned himself. Well he works for humans hunters maybe but why would any werewolf want to work with hunters, this just doesn't make sense. "What now Alpha?" Ross was as perplexed as I was, what do we do now. "Ring all the Alphas we have treaties with ask if they have missing pups. We'll arrange a meeting with them see what else we can discover, GO!" Ross ran off to make some calls whilst I went back to the hospital to see my mate. I lay back down next to my Alba and Hazel said her goodbyes to her daughter before bowing to me and left to find her mate. "Angel I need you to wake up I could use your help baby." I lay there stroking her hair I bent down to kiss her lips an extremely satisfying feeling, passes through my lips.

Alba's POV

After my rest Aurora was watching over me. Its been long enough now sweetie timed to go to Mitch and Koto. With that she flew away so I followed her, I touched my lips as I felt tingles, 'oh my Mitch I'm coming.' I followed Aurora till I saw a bright light, she was gone instead I heard bleeping of machines. My left hand was cosy warm tingles, I shot my eyes open to immediately shut them from the invasion of the bright lights I slowly open and close my eyes till they adjusted to the light. "ANGEL, OH GODDESS ANGEL!" Mitch kissed all over my face. I silently giggled as his stubble beard tickled my skin. My voice came out rather hoarse. "Wwwater p-please." He handed me a glass and held it to my lips as I greedily gulped down the cold refreshing liquid, it felt so comfortable gliding down my throat. I tried to sit up he adjusted the electric bed and helped ease me back so I was sitting up. I had a fluid drip still attached, the doc came in "Good afternoon Luna if I may I would like to remove your PEG tube (feeding tube through the stomach.) Mitch distracted me from looking at the doc removing my tube. "Angel I'm so happy your awake you've been asleep for four days, I missed you so much." He hugged me tightly I wrapped my arms around him. "Four days Aurora will that happen every time I use my fire." No sweetie it was just the drain from using all your strength I suggest tomorrow we try again but use short burst of fire to build up your resilience.

After the doc checked me over and made sure I could eat, by the way I hate hospital food but I ate anyway. We left for home, he told me he stayed with me in the hospital so he never went home, as sweet as that sounds I'd prefer him to rest properly at home, but he felt he couldn't and wouldn't leave my side.
He refused to let me walk he carried me everywhere even to the bathroom. "Ok I can go to the bathroom I mean it's right next door to my side of the bed Mitch I get your worried but I'm much better now, the doctor wouldn't let me out if I couldn't handle a simple walk to the bathroom. If you keep this up I'll forget how to use my legs altogether." He smiled why "that sounds fine with me angel." I was horrified "NO DON'T EVEN GO THERE YOU WILL NOT TRAP ME HERE, your forgetting I'm a Phoenix and don't like to feel trapped. I will train more tomorrow with Aurora and before you panic nothing strenuous but according to Aurora I used all my strength that time, so to prevent that happening again I need to build my resilience to the fire Kay." He didn't look thrilled but knew if he didn't want to visit me in the hospital then practice was key.
Mitch carried me to bed for a nap even though I've been out for four days my body is screaming for more rest. After placing me in the bed he removed my shoes and socks and placed the covers over me and kissed my head as I felt the bed dip beside me and his arms embraced me to pull me over him, my cheek rested on his chest and soon sleep took me.
After a 2hour nap I woke up to an empty bed I realised I was still in some pjs I had Mitch's top which made me blush I've never worn a guys cloths before I was also wearing my cotton shorts. So I decided to change then I looked at my mess of hair, you know what I'll take a shower instead. Once I picked my outfit I brought it into the bathroom and locked the door. I removed my clothes and hopped into the shower and squealed when the water felt ice cold against my skin. I turned the lever till it was at a much nicer heat. I must have spent longer in the shower than I thought with my hair and body washed, I decided to shave everything by the end the bathroom was steamed up, and I was exhausted who new the small things like showering yourself could exhaust you so much. I climbed out and dried myself off, I put my underwear on and my jumper and jeans with my fluffy socks I don't feel like dressing up.
I wander around till I nearly bump into Mitch. "Ready for dinner angel." As he wrapped his arm around my waist and picked me up till we reached the bottom of the stairs were he placed me back on my feet, and wrapped his arm back around my waist as we walked to the kitchen. Once there I was greeted by an incredible smell emmm. "Luna it's lovely to officially meet you I'm Marie I hope you like fish and chips I thought after just being PEG fed you'd probably like something fried, have a seat it's ready." I smiled "thank you so much Marie it looks and smells incredible." As we dug in Marie started washing up, after I swallowed "this is beautiful Marie it's the best fish and chips I've ever eaten far better than takeout." She was thrilled by my praise but it wasn't really to boost her it actually was the best fish and chips I've ever eaten. We pretty much finished our meal in comfortable silence.