Chapter 25

pic of Sleeping Baby Dahlia West with pale pink hat and baby pink blanket.

Alba's POV

I woke up and picked out a pair of denim maternity shorts and off the shoulder, butterfly winged sleeves it was white and blue frosty type top and my sandals. I felt really fat as I walked into the bathroom did my business and took a nice long soothing bubble bath I washed my hair and sat in the tub I found it uncomfortable standing in the shower so a lot of the time I decided to take baths instead, I mean who doesn't like long warm relaxing bubble baths. Mitch ruined my relaxation to brush his teeth he came over and kissed my cheeks putting his hand on my bump. "Well angel any movement down there." I shook my head "nope I'm the same beached whale as I was yesterday I don't think she'll be coming today baby you can work in peace knowing she'll be ok." "Your not a whale your caring our chick, love I'll eat lunch with you later ok." I nodded in agreement and closed my eyes relaxing my head back.

After my bath had went cold I dried off and wore my outfit which made me feel a little better. Once clothed I dried my hair and went downstairs for breakfast I had some natural yogurt and berries with orange juice. I had volunteered to babysit Richard Karina had an assignment due Monday. I loved this little blonde curly haired cutie so it wasn't a bother to me. We played stickle bricks then I helped him build Lego Batman. I got him his Apple juice and tomato and basil flavoured crisps (chips if your from the USA). We played snakes and ladders or tried to with a three year old let me tell you that wasn't easy, then he went to the toilet, I pulled out his stool so he could stand at the sink to wash his hands. Karina came down as I made Richard's lunch Karina made her lunch I asked how it was going she gave me a deadpan look "that good huh." "I hate reading Shakespeare Alba I'm not into reading why can't all my subjects be arty I'd pass them all." "I know I don't like reading Shakespeare eit....AHH!" "OMG Alba is it my niece." I nodded in response as I took short calming breaths till the contraction subsided. "It's ok it over now." "Should I be timing this Alba." I don't know but I nodded better safe then sorry. She timed it from when my contraction stopped I linked Mitch to get him to take me to the hospital, I also linked Carla to tell her I needed the hospital I linked my parents I wanted my mum along with Mitch there she was my other birthing partner.
Before Mitch arrived I got another contraction I asked Karina to take Richard into the play room as I was starting to scare him. When it was over 23 minutes between my contractions so I'm not in immediate danger of birth I still had time. Mitch rushed in and had Marie with him she'd babysit for me. "Don't worry love the baby bags in the car your mum will meet us there. How far along are your contraction?" "23 minutes but my waters haven't broken yet so I think we need to go but I don't think it's emergency I think I still have some time before Dahlia comes into this world AAHH! Ok maybe not, need to go NOW!"
                                                                                    ***
Mitch picks me up in his arms I clutch my stomach it's hard great looks like hopefully today or tomorrow you'll be here baby girl. Mitch lifted me into the jeep once he was in he was careful to drive fast but not overly fast as to give me pain.
When we got to the hospital I got out and began to waddle when Mitch picked me back up in his arms and ran past reception and into the elevator where we climbed the floors as another contraction hit me looks like I might not have as much time as I thought, I breathed through the pain.
They opened up and Olivia my midwife ushered me into my suite. I got changed into my nightdress and sat on the yoga ball for a good 10minutes when my mother came in concerned but I could tell she was hiding her excitement her grand baby was on her way, she gave me a motherly hug and kissed my warm forehead. Asking how far along I was I looked at Mitch as I stopped counting at his parents house. "Averaging every 19 minutes." Olivia came in "ok Luna let's get your waters broke and see how your progressing." I nodded and Mitch came around to help me off the ball and onto the bed once as comfortable as I could be in labour I lifted my legs into the stirrups. I felt like I wet myself I tried to get up so I could use the toilet. "Don't worry Luna that was just me breaking your waters. Looks like your already six centimetres dilated your going pretty quick I'll have the doctor informed would you like gas and air?" I managed to talk through the contraction Mitch held my hand. "No I want epidural right now."
                                                                              ***
After several hours of waiting and pushing our little girl is finally here I'm grateful for the speedy labour I understand some woman go through days of labour thank you Moon Goddess she's so perfect she was fast asleep in her daddy's arms. Welcome to the world Dahlia West. I was blown away she's so cute her little button nose she has blue eyes like her dad brown hair like me her facial features are the feminine version of her fathers. My mum was absolutely in love with her. My mum took some pictures of our little family I had Mitch take pictures with all the grandparents then finally Karina and Richard, Carla took them before I needed to nurse Dahlia. My mother helped me find the best position to feed her she told me it might not be instant but Dahlia will get the hang of feeding in her own time. After I fixed my clothes I kissed our little girls head and winded her I then asked Mitch if he wanted a hold whilst I slept for a bit.

A/N well Dahlia's here guys WOOHOO 🥳