Chapter 19

Pic of the Amulet order of the Phoenix for protection

Alba's POV

I was in Delta Carlos and Bethany's home now she took me up into her wardrobe she moved a false panel in her wall. "Um Bethany what are you doing?" She looked back at me a sad smile graced her beautiful features. "I was there when the war against the Order of the Phoenix wiped out your kind I always looked up to your kind and was amongst the vampires who fought against your enemies my Sire also, was there unfortunately you know weren't successful. However I was given this by the seer of the Order of the Phoenix I was told it held immense power but only to a Phoenix. It is an ancient Aztec Amulet, he never told me much as I wasn't worthy of it. But he did say one day I would have the honour and pleasure of being a friend to the warrior spirit you Alba the spiritual Phoenix was considered the warrior of all. The protector of the young and the healer of all. This amulet is casted in silver to protect against werewolves back then one of your enemies were werewolves, unlike today of course. When the true warrior worthy for it wears it, it shall light up their colour. Phoenix's don't just come in red they can come in silver and also white." She handed me the vintage box with a white old silk cloth covering it I was amazed at all Bethany was able to tell me of our kind.

"It will enhance your power and protect your unborn pup or chick. Remember you may give birth to a Phoenix like yourself you were the last but also the start of your kinds rebirth." Well that didn't make me nervous one bit. "Don't think of it too much Alba whatever you have wolf or Phoenix will be cherished and loved by all in this pack." As she embraced me. "Alba put it on remember don't let Mitch touch it as it would burn him." I looked at her with a little fear for  him. I took the clasp unclipped it and clasped it around my neck. It was warm on my neck. WOW THIS IS IMMENSE I feel wrapped up in a cloud of protection. "It is made in the way the amulet will burn you if it senses a poison that could harm you." "Aurora feels like she's wrapped in a cloud a comforting one." She nodded in agreement "that's the amulets basic power the amulet can withstand your shifts and use of fire and or any other magic you possess. It was only able to protect the warrior the last warrior died of 1000years ago of old age, that's how well it is said to have protected him. The seer also knew you'd be female and said should you have any Phoenix offspring that it should be passed down to them, because their mother was a warrior it would also protect them to some extent."

With all that information to take in I felt like my head was going to spin off, and I can't believe it I'd thought I'd only ever have pups it never occurred they could also be phoenix's. Bethany had sent a letter to Klaus her (Sire - means the vampire who turned her.) Now I need to go to the King and find the pups again.

I went to the kitchen were Mitch was finished eating his lunch. "Angel did you have a nice girly chat with Bethany." I swatted his arm and smirked. "There was nothing girlie about it she just filled me in on my kind and what I meant to them." He looked back intrigued "Bethany knows about your kind?" I nodded getting a sandwich from the fridge. "Yes she very knowledgeable both her and her Sire where there in the war on the Phoenix side of course. The Order of The Phoenix gave her an ancient amulet from the Aztec period this one on my neck. It holds great power over a 1000 years ago it was given to the order to watch over until a worthy Phoenix warrior could claim it as his or hers. It's said to light up with my fire colour when poison is near, it's said the amulet will also burn you if poison is too close. Werewolves can't touch the amulet as it is, is set in pure silver. Oh and if I have a Phoenix chick I can pass it to her or him, as their mother, me I guess is the warrior chosen. It can protect them to some extent. That's basically it she said it has many powers to help me but before she could learn more the seer was killed."
"I'm sorry love." I frowned "Why baby you didn't kill us." He hugged me tightly "no but our kind did." "Baby that was centuries ago this pack has welcomed change unlike my previous pack who stuck with the times and I was left to feel like an outcast, the only people who loved and stuck by me were my parents. So both Aurora and I hold no grudge against you or your kind, we judge on people's actions like the jerk Prince." He huffed in agreement "Angel your too kind to the evil bastard. I mean for him to treat his wolf like that and completely disregard his wolfs need for his gifted mate, I feel sorry for his wolf he must be sick that kind of rejection, and refusal to accept his wolf would make his wolf extremely ill. It's cruelty to its core not only did he reject his fated mate but also rejected his wolf which is unheard of." I nodded yeah I never thought how his wolf would feel, I'm sorry Moon Goddess I usually see your point to most things but why give him a gift not just of a mate but a bond with your soul only to reject both, I can't imagine doing that to Aurora. I'm glad you didn't I would have died and my kind would all be gone, extinction makes me sick Alba if we have a chick my kind won't be gone forever, of course we'll love our baby pup or chick won't matter I'll love it with everything I have and I swear to you I will always protect and cherish him or her. I know you will Aurora. "Wait pup we're having a baby," shit I wasn't suppose to think that dam the mind-link sometime.
"Um yes Bethany could tell I was pregnant and before you go off on me I only found out today from Bethany I haven't even take a test and by the way she or he could also be a Phoenix chick, it could be 50, 50." Mitch grabbed my hand and dragged me outside to the garage. "What Wait were are we going?" "Where do you think to confirm for good we're going to the doctors." A part of me wanted to fly away I hate the doctors always have. The other part Aurora was keen to know for sure she could feel something but wasn't sure if it was young or something else.
When we arrived the doctor left to get a sample I stood at the closed door I was too nervous this place makes my skin crawl as I started twisting my hair whilst Mitch was calmly sitting on the chair next to the one I was suppose to be in. He stood up and bent down picking me up I squealed in shock as he sat me on his knee. "Angel I can't look at you like that there's nothing to be scared of in here, I would never let anyone hurt you including the doctors or nurses." He kissed my temple and rubbed soothing circles on my lower back. The doctor came back and smiled nicely to me "here you go Luna just leave it on the floor when your done, please don't be worried I promise no needles." Oh thank goddess.
I did the thing and left it the nurse who took it for the test I sat back on my mates lap cause I still felt too nervous and the closer I was to Mitch the calmer I felt. "Well I know how much you love the pups Luna and you can add to our packs strength. Your definitely expecting Luna congratulations to you both." "AAHH" I screamed jumped up and hugged the doctor, Mitch jumped up and yelled "DO'NT DO THAT YOU'LL HURT THE BABY!" I rolled my eyes really the doctor coughed to hide his laugh. "Oh calm down I'm not even showing yet so I'm not hurting our baby and how dare you even think I'd do that to our child. Oh doc when can we find out if it's a pup or a chick?" "I'm afraid I can't tell you that Luna I'm guessing Aurora will be able to sense her own kind when it's born, but I can't medically tell you what your more likely to have." "That's ok whatever's meant to be will be I guess, well thank you can we get out of here now Mitch." The docs shoulders shook as he held in his laughter. "Yes angel lets go, thanks doc this turned out to be the best day." The doctor bowed to us as we left my hands went down on instinct and rubbed my still flat tummy.