Chapter 16

(Left to right Portrait painting of Alba and her Phoenix Aurora painted by Karina) Song Mariah Carey Portrait.

Alba's POV

I woke up to Mitch cursing beside me. "Wwhats wrong baby?" He looked over with an apologising look in his eyes as I grabbed his hand using my thumb to stroke circles around the back of his hand. "My bloody sister is too dam excited she said she made your portrait the one of you in your red dress over the weekend she's coming over now to hang it in the gallery she'd also like to take a picture of Aurora." That's the issue. "So that's what you were cussing about Seriously it's waking up time anyway Mr Alpha." He actually pouted as he whined "I don't wanna get up, I want to stay in bed all day, oh wait I suddenly feel very sick it must be contagious, you'll have to stay in bed with me. We don't want anyone else being sick now do we." I shook my head "nice try now up and out dude." As I try and push him out the bed that didn't work oh forget it I grab a change of clothes and quickly put them on just in time for the toilet I do my business wash my hands and brush my teeth, I'm just finished when the doorbell goes "oh she's here, she's here." I run down the stairs I'm excited to see Karina again. I open the door to the poor girl just managing to haul a massive portrait of myself through the house I know she's an amazing artist but it's a little nerving when your staring yourself in the eye.
"Well were's my rubbish brother GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE OH GET THE NAILS WE'RE GONNA NEED EM." "Hey sis you were busy I have to say I'm looking rather good there. You spent all weekend painting me girl I'm touched, high five." We laughed around until Mitch finally came down and carried my portrait with a beautiful gold frame to the gallery.
Karina had a professional camera around hanging from her neck. "Ok sis picture time we better go outside wouldn't want to Duse the house in flames now would we." She winked and I laughed "yeah no I think we'd both kill me."
After we found the perfect light for the picture I quickly shifted and Aurora was thrilled to be out "don't get too comfy it's only for a picture." Hey shifting even for a second is a wild ride for me. I'm grateful for small mercies. With a bit of adjusting on my part Karina managed to get a perfect picture she wanted me to set myself aflame which was easy child's play really. I shifted and we headed inside for breakfast. Breakfast was amazing as nice as the Palace food was nothing beats comfort food. Don't get me wrong was incredible and healthy but you can't beat choc chip pancakes freshly made and summer fruits I slowly savoured each bite from my stack of pancakes. "Oh my god these are your favourite pancakes until today I never had choky chip pancakes till now." I almost chocked "WHAT Karina that's a crime here have some more I nabbed two more from the griddle "oh oh hot hot" I dropped them on her plate and blew on my fingers. "Um ok your fire proof and that hurt you." I shook my head at the misinterpretation "I'm fireproof against a naked flame that was made of iron it conducts heat making it a billion times worse if I touched the stoves flames yes that wouldn't hurt me but that did." I fake sniffed as I pouted.
After we ate our breakfast we ventured upstairs to the Gallery never thought I'd say this but I need to see myself soo bad. We climbed the iron spiral staircase as Mitch was just finished hanging... "OH MY GOD IM BEAUTIFUL" Karina laughed at my tear-streaked face. "Mmhhh it's alright." "WHAT" both Karina and I looked to Mitch in otter disappointment. "Easy girls what I mean is I just prefer the real one." "Hmm nice save Alpha, be honest IT'S AMAZING." I screamed in delight Mitch smiled adoringly at me and Karina beamed in pride of her good work. "Well I'm glad you like it, no I'm FREAKING ECSTATIC SISSY LOVES IT WOHOO I swear my teacher is gonna be so happy I'm going to get an A+ at least for this. I took a picture of the portrait of you as part of my coursework. She said pick a member of your family and paint their likeness." Now I'm actually gonna cry she already considers me her sister and I'm not even married into the family yet. I grab her into a tight hug which takes Karina by surprise. "I always wanted a sister thank you thank you thank you LYL sis." "Ah Angel she can't breathe baby." I quickly released my sister hearing her quickly breathe in air "haha oops sorry about that Karina." Her voice was a little horse "don't worry about it I'm glad you love me see, my sister can tell me how much she loves me if only my brother was half as vocal about how much I know he does." He stuck his tongue out at her and we said goodbye as she left to print my picture to get started. I told her not to rush, but she said she was too excited by seeing Aurora, with my approval she was eager to find out Auroras verdict.