Chapter 20

Pic Alba's outfit greeting the King and Queen into her pack. White halter neck day dress. Lace plunging neckline and back of dress above the knee in front sweeping down to feet at the back. Paired with Matt nude ankle and toe strap stiletto heels.

Alba's POV

Instead of leaving our pack again the King and Queen decided to come here I ordered everyone to be on their best behaviour, everyone made sure the pack house was clean and respectable the King and Queen would be staying in our largest guest rooms in our home. "Ok Love no mention of their son being a mole understood." I gave him a duh face "Mitch this is not my first rodeo."

Beta Ross ran in "hhhh t-t-they're h-h-here." He rushed out of breath. "Ross have a seat and calm yourself" he refused my offer. "Fine but take deep breaths they are very nice people just because they are the Royals doesn't mean we panic ok." He nodded still catching his breath. "Nicely put love." "Nobody likes a kiss ass Mitch." "Nicely put Luna Alba." I jumped at the sound of the Queens voice "welcome to our home Your Majesties I hope you find everything to your pleasing. Plus it's good to see you both again, I'm sorry his highness couldn't join you. I know he is probably very busy running a country alongside his devoted parents of course." Mitch linked me. "Now who's a kiss ass Angel." "Oh shut up." "Yes Kane is well actually I don't know what my son does these days, I guess we spoiled our boy too much I wish I had more children, but it's the way it worked out for us." The King smiled at his mate adoringly. Mitch finally spoke up "well I'm sure your proud of him, allow me to introduce you to our Beta Ross Cairns." Ross nervously bowed his head. They nodded a slight smile graced their faces probably because they noted his nerves and wanted him to feel more at ease in their presence.

"Please Your Majesties allow me to show you to your rooms oh I'm sorry allow me to also introduce Marie Zelberg our housekeeper and brilliant cook." Marie curtsied and informed us dinner would be at six. Then she excused herself and left. I showed the King and Queen to their room. As they went to probably freshen up.
Mitch and I exhaled a breath and Ross made a quick exit. I thought it was a little entertaining the no nonsense Beta was shy and quiet around royalty. Mitch says he's a brute when training the pups, so Mitch also found this funny and we let out booming laughter when he left.

I helped Marie with the food and set the table for royalty. We discussed many things about learning more of my history as a Phoenix and she expressed a lot of interested in my pregnancy I didn't really care if I had a girl or boy.
***
During dinner we talked about the days since our departure and how the pups were taken. The King suggested an act of war, which I wasn't keen on me being pregnant. Mitch had told the King we'd support him but if we could get the pups back again and kill the perpetrators and destroy all plans for their experiments then a war would be nil and void and we'd keep thousands of wolves alive. He left out the part of us expecting the less news regarding me getting back to our suspect would be a lifesaver.

This time they had checked were the pups were missing the last time we rescued them and obviously they weren't there they even checked the underground experimental room and it was completely cleared out meaning someone has taken that disgusting and terrifying machine elsewhere and some pups could be losing their wolves. "What were the security measures for the pups when we left?" I had to ask. "Unfortunately our son made it his duty to send squadrons of warriors to protect our pack house were we had the pups and parents housed the rest of our pack moved into the emptied houses." The Queen looked both exasperated, exhausted and angry it happened all over again. "What did his royal highness say when they were taken was there a fight breaking out or was it a sneaky move." Mitch asked. "Our son left on his own he said he was going to find the perpetrators and bring them to justice." "I'm sure he's a powerful wolf" "not really he's rejected his wolf making him vulnerable" "but wouldn't it be safer if he had brought along his Beta for example. I don't mean to question your sons motives but maybe he being in a vulnerable place with the pups gone maybe the emotional side took over." "I see your point Alpha we do but I believe in our son and to answer your previous question it was a sneaky raid. I do blame my son for being too lax in the pups safety, it just doesn't make sense our packs pups were targeted twice since they've been rescued yours once and since they've been rescued your pack hasn't been targeted since. We're supposed to have the best security and it happened to us twice." The Queen was understandably irritated however I have never seen her lose her cool like this.