Chapter 10

(Above outfit is what Alba changes into in the the plane to meet the royals.) Nude off the shoulder wooden material, bodycon dress hugs her curves to mid-calf paired with Matt nude stiletto heels.

Alba's POV

We wake up after 8am and shower and get ready for the day separately of course I look at myself a little longer admiring my mark it's still red and jaggy but the mark looks perfect. The change in my body overnight my hips are a little more curvy for childbirth reasons, I had a womanly body before but my skin is more flawless and my boobs look more perky. Wow marking really does change your appearance. My outfit for meeting the royals is in another garment bag Mitch just popped out to the office to go over pack schedule and protocols to Ross even though he already knew most of the work. I was a little nervous to leave the pups in our pack, what if they attack again, whilst we're on royal lands. 'Please Moon Goddess Keep our pups safe' as I sent my silent prayer to the heavens. I'll apply make up on the plane so I look fresher, thanks to my mark I don't look like death warmed up in the mornings.
Illinois is pretty chilly this time of year so I wear a super fluffy oversized sweater, ripped skinny jeans and my plain white and nude vans. This is the first time I've ever been on a plane let alone a private one I'm excited and nervous. As Mitch is still in the office I feel our bond strengthen I still can't mind-link till we've mated but the pull is stronger. I head down to the kitchen just in time for me to greet Marie and enjoy some Pancakes, syrup and Mitch's breakfast was sausages, waffles, bacon and beans. I hate beans but I have to say I like my breakfast far more. "These are wonderful Marie, just what I needed." "I'm glad you enjoy them Luna I hope you have a nice time in Illinois I know it's not for a pleasurable trip but I hope it's fun enough, and I know your worried for the pups, don't be after what you did to those psychos I don't think they'll be back here again." I smiled hoping she was right it made me sick to my stomach to leave the pack and pups, I know I haven't been their Luna long and technically until we fully bond I'm not their Luna, but everyone has welcomed me and I feel proud and so so happy here compared to my old pack, who judged, hated and feared me.
Josh drove us to the airstrip were Mitch's jet awaited us. "You excited angel?" I bent over to kiss me I eagerly accepted and my nerves for the journey passed I pulled away and smiled. "I am now baby." Josh waited till our plane took off before driving back. "Mitch do you think the pups will be ok when we're gone, what if the Rogues and humans are watching right now and waiting for us to leave, won't they strike I don't like leaving them it makes Aurora and I anxious. It's our job as guardians of the young to be with them." He held my hand as we sat in our luxurious seats. "They will be fine I'm sure love Ross knows what to do, and after how you killed them the last time I doubt they'll try kidnapping the pups again. The king and Queen need us I'm sure they're worried for their pack they could use a guardian Phoenix around." He kissed my head as I lay my head on his shoulder.
We had over half an hour till arrival, Mitch and I went to the decent sized bathroom in the plane for being on a plane this bathroom was quite spacious. I changed into my bodycon sweater off the shoulder dress and put on my shoes I pulled my hair into a neat bun with tendril locks framing my face I applied some light makeup I didn't want to overdo it, and put on my heart shaped diamond necklace my parents got me for my 16th birthday. I spritzed some Chanel no5 perfume on my neck and wrists. I put my travel outfit, makeup and perfume back in my overnight bag and Mitch took it off the plane when we landed in Illinois's royal air strip. Where here from here it was a nine minute drive to the palace.
I never thought I'd meet Royalty some day but here I am. We got out of the private palace car wow they really had such class. I took Mitch's hand as I shimmied out of the car in my figure-hugging dress. I plastered a smile on my nervous face a pleasant smile not a creepy one by the way. Mitch squeezed my hand and rubbed soothing circles with his thumb over my hand the tingles replaced my nerves, and calmed me. I stood on my toes and kissed his cheek, even with four inch heals he was still a good head and a half taller than me. As we approached the entrance there were two guards standing on either side of the entrance the announcer in the middle Mitch handed over our RSVPS to him he responded with "please Alpha and Luna follow me." As we followed behind I took my time to admire the grandeur. I still preferred our home it was more than grand and spacious enough for me. This place was big enough for giants to live in. A grand centre stone staircase came into my view it was almost as large as the entrance itself half-way up it split into two curved directions there was a red carpet through the centre of the staircase, which was very comfortable under my uncomfortable heals.
As we approached the throne room, the announcer asked us to wait were we were till he announced us, which we complied. After his booming voice announced our pack name and titles we entered and walked up to greet the King and Queen. They looked about Mitch's parents age, the Queen Luna was still very beautiful she had Auburn hair it was in a curly up do she had wonderfully bright eyes, and was wearing a dark navy knee length long shouldered dress almost haltered looking at the neckline. The king wore a full navy suit to match his wife with his honours and title jewellery and medals to decorate his attire. I smiled warmly as we stood a foot away I bent down into a curtesy, yes nailed it, I was worried I'd lose my balance. Mitch bowed in front of the king and Queen as we greeted them with "Your Majesties." We stood tall again and they smiled back. "Welcome Alpha and Luna of the Mystique West Pack we are thrilled you could join us." The Queen spoke she lit up as she asked me. "Is it true you are the one who saved the pups in your pack from being taken by the Rogues." I nervously swallowed "Yes your majesty." Wow was all she replied but she looked impressed that felt good to have someone of her caliber actually look impressed by me.
We sat on our designated seats when I realised other Alphas and Luna's had already arrived. I stopped looking when my eyes met Dillon the Alpha from my old pack, his eyes were already on mine. Mitch met the direction my eyes took I looked away from Dillon before Mitch let out a growl, I squeezed his hand to silence him. Of course the Queen noticed were my eyes wondered to I could see curiosity in them.

After we had a three course lunch we were shown to our rooms for the weekend, our luggage already there. "Well what do you think angel." I looked around "it's very big" he chuckled. "Really that all." "Personally I prefer our bedroom but it is very grand and beautiful in a different way from ours." We were to have the ball tomorrow and the meeting the following afternoon. My thoughts again traveled back to our pack, I know that if coming here helps other packs then it's a place I should be. Don't worry Alba we'll figure this out, I hate to admit it but I don't believe we were the only targeted pack, someone is a very sick person and we'll find out who with or without Royal approval. She was right I'm not a werewolf even though I respect the royals they can't control me when it comes to protecting the greater good. If I have to go against their orders I will I can't be commanded by the king and Queen, even though as royals I will try.

After some time to ourselves, taking a tour around the palace it was as beautiful on the inside as the outside. We bumped into the demon Alpha, Alpha Dillon. "Well Alba try not to create a scene in front of the royals." I smirked "Good god your just as immature as your father Dillon." Mitch and I laughed as Dillon growled "show some respect in front of an Alpha BITCH!" "Your not my Alpha, besides I'm not a werewolf I don't take orders from anyone but my mate a bye." I evil smirked and turned on my heel and grabbed Mitch's hand and left. I felt the presence of the high Royals with eyes on me, I pretended not to feel it and left.