Chapter 18

Bethany picture

Alba's POV

It's been two weeks since my Luna ceremony and I had wanted to talk to Bethany about her brother. I understood she was not close and may not have been in contact with him for a long time but I need to know more about him.
Bethany has platinum blonde hair with wonderful green eyes she's two inches taller than me and is rather thin and has an athletic figure compared to my slightly curvy one.

Bethany knew by the look on my face this might make her uncomfortable. "Alba what is going on?" I always hold her to call me Alba I consider her my best friend even though a vampire she is super caring she also unlike her brother doesn't feed off human blood and only feeds once every ten days. "Well not to beat around the bush but I'd like to talk to you about your brother Dominic." Bethany's eyebrows shot open then turned into a frown. "Just so you know I hate talking about him and he is no brother to me understand Alba." I nodded "yes and I realise this is a difficult topic but I have this feeling that he has something to do with the pups kidnapping and maybe even knows the Prince." That caught her attention. "You mean the Prince of wolves Prince Kane." "I didn't know his name but yes the same one." She groaned "that asshole what did he do, look my brother hates werewolves but he and the prince have been friends for a good few years now." "Wait if your brother hates wolves why's he friends with the Prince of wolves?" "I know crazy but the prince isn't that keen on his own kind, I heard he rarely shifts out of choice, his wolf is rather weak because it doesn't get out to hunt or train." Why would a prince hate what he is? "The Princes cousins is next in line and his Uncle has twin male heirs now I think they're toddler ages anyway the prince wanted his cousin to take his throne, he never wanted it. Eight years ago I was visiting my brother I was out hunting when I heard them in my brothers house joking around about ending werewolf kind that's the last time I've seen or heard from Dominic Alba."
Wow so the prince doesn't even want to rule, I took the photograph of the Princes portrait out and held it out for Bethany she took it and sneered. "What that shit." "What is it, what does the ring mean. "Our descendant was in the 1997 championship Eagles game. They won obviously Kane always admired it. You see our descendant died from alcohol poisoning and Dominic took the ring before the police came for the body. One evening when my brother came back from his entertaining feeding spree he found the ring was missing he didn't care so much I do, one my brother shouldn't be taking things from the dead it's mighty disrespectful two he's so bloody stupid of course the only person besides me who knew he had it was the prince." "Ok so the ring is irrelevant to them hating werewolves." She hesitated "w-well they did like a blood oath against something could be the ring." "What was the oath for." She gave me a deadpan look. "Oh right their hatred for all werewolves." "Yup so if the Prince is behind it which I think your right about my brother is bound to be helping him or be involved in some way. Can we talk about something else now like how you don't know your three weeks pregnant." I was flabbergasted "girl I don't have to be a vampire to know you and the Alpha have been a little lax in the pack from time to time plus I have a mate I know how horny wolves get." "Umm" I couldn't seem to talk using actual sentences. I was pregnant after my initial shock I squealed in joy grabbing Bethany off the sofa as well for a jumping session "oh shit I need to stop I'll make the pup dizzy." Bethany laughed I wanted to slap her "this is no laughing matter Bethany I could hurt my pup." "Haha girl you know that's not true, god you're already so mamma bear right now, I think you should go tell your mate I'll let myself out haha bye Alba." She left giggling.

Mitch was in his office chatting with Beta Ross when I opened the door I never bothered knocking anymore I'm Luna and can be included in important pack business. "Hey angel the king wrote to us saying his pack was targeted again they got some pups." "I think I might know why Mitch, Bethany told me that her estranged brother and the Prince are actually friends. Get this Prince Kane hates his own kind even forbids his own wolf to shift." Both Mitch and Ross were outraged "how could he his wolf is part of him." I shrugged "I don't know but you know his portrait with the eagles ring Bethany said that ring belonged to a descendant of theirs human of course he won the 1997 game he died later on in life from alcoholism her brother took the ring and told the Prince. Dominic came home one night the ring was gone but he didn't care, then just before Bethany never saw him again she said she was out hunting in the woods when she overheard the prince and her brother swearing to end all werewolves in a blood oath she suspects they swore the oath under the ring." Complete and utter shock and horror of course was written all over their faces.

"I don't know how but we'll need proof before going to the King and Queen to tell them the mole in their pack is none other than their son our Prince. Because the King asks for your assistance again love in locating them. Which means the Prince could already know his father sent for you again." I can't tell him I'm pregnant yet he'd refuse to let me help the King even though I'm dying to tell him I know he'd be thrilled by the news.

I mind-linked Bethany to come into our home office, she soon appeared with her vampiric speed. "What can I do for you Luna, Alpha." "Bethany do you know anyone who is still on good terms with your brother Dominic who would also be good to act as a spy for us we need evidence that the Prince and he are definitely behind the pups kidnapping." I asked her hopefully she does know someone we can trust to help us, because the Prince knew us we couldn't investigate.
"My Sire the vampire who made me what I am he would definitely wish to help me. I was Dominic's sire so he only ever talks to Klaus. No doubt Klaus has been in touch with him recently I'll get a message to Klaus asking him to investigate this matter thoroughly without Dominic's knowledge." I smiled "thank you so much Bethany this is what we need. Now I need to go and help the Kings pups." A throat cleared I looked to Mitch "Love we should wait until Klaus is willing to assist us before that." "No baby you don't understand they have a machine that can remove a pups wolf I have to go now if I have any chance of stopping this." Bethany nodded "I know Klaus he always warned Dominic to take care of me as soon as I told him he let me run out on him he'll assist us Alpha no disrespect but the Luna is right she needs to go now. Luna can I have a word with you in my house please." I was confused as to why but I agreed. I kissed Mitch and told him not to worry.