Chapter 7

Mitch's POV

"Alpha a letter with a Royal seal has been delivered to your office." "Thank you warrior Henry." Alba was getting to know Marie in the kitchen. Why would the Royals want to talk to me. Closing the door to my office, I sit and open the letter.

With most sincere greetings his Royal Majesties request the presence of Alpha and Luna of The Mystique West Pack. We request your attendance to an important meeting taking place in the Palace. We also would like to invite you to annual Royal Ball.
Please RSVP

FORMAL DRESS FOR THE BALL COMPULSORY

His Royal Majesty

King and Queen Of Wolves

Well I'm sure Alba will look forward to this, why a meeting the King never requests a meeting with the Alphas. He didn't during my father's rule. Is the king having the same issues with Rogues taking pups.

I carry the letter down to the kitchen "Marie can you excuse us please." She nodded "of course Alpha, Luna please excuse me." She bowed and left the kitchen. "What's That Mitch?" As Alba pointed to the letter in my hand. "I believe you might be excited for this we have been invited by the King to attend a Royal meeting and their Annual Ball." I knew she'd be happy but I should have braced myself. "AHH OMG I've got to pick out outfits shit I should go shopping do you think your sister and mum would love to come with us, my mum for sure would definitely come with, oh do you have a tux maybe you should come with us..." "ok slow down love I have a tux there's no way in hell I'm going shopping, I'll get my mum and sister to go with you, yes they love to shop. This will be the most exciting shopping trip of their lives excluding wedding dress shopping don't get too ahead of yourself I'm not proposing yet." I don't need her getting too excited on me, she blushed and looked away when I mentioned one day I'd marry her.

Alba's POV

After the exciting news of meeting the Royal king and Queen I call Karina she gave me her phone number, unfortunately I can't mind-link anyone in this pack yet until I'm marked and mated. It rings three times before she picks up. "Halo girl oops shit I'm sorry I'm mean Luna" I laugh down the phone "no need for formalities besides we're practically sisters it's Alba to you." "Right Alba wats up?" "Well how about we go dress shopping tomorrow I don't know if Mitch already linked you but..." "oh that useless brother of mine no he didn't, dress shopping you say, say no more it's a date, what kind summer dresses, party dresses and ah respectable dresses." "How about ballgown type dresses like for a Royal ball." "AHHH YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, WHY WASN'T I INVITED!" "Haha yes indeed why weren't you, maybe you'll get next year." "Ha wishful thinking, anyway yes and yes especially oh did I say yes." "Yup at least three times." "Well text me the time and we'll make a day of it, oh no boys right please say no boys both my brothers are a nightmare one grumbles and curses whilst shopping the other squeals like a girl and has a tantrum, you can guess who is who. Ok well I'll see you tomorrow oh can we bring Bethany after all she is like over 300years old, no doubt she's seen all the trends." "Sure the more the merrier." She said goodbye then hung up. I'm not scared I'm excited to meet the only vampire I've ever met, movies don't count.

I'm in workout clothes sports bra and splash designed leggings I'm wearing my flip flops I walk out the back garden Mitch says there's a smaller training area were he sometimes practices if he wants peace and quiet. I head to the sandy Well worn out area. "Ok you ready Aurora." Pfft aren't I always Yes stretching my wings getting some air and releasing tension what could be better Alba. I don't really need Aurora to take over I've got the gist in how to shift now and the pain is more muffled it's more of a constant buzz warmth feeling I don't know how best to describe it I still feel it but it doesn't hurt really anymore. After I complete my shift Aurora is in the background ready to help me when I need her but I need to try this on my own. I know what I want and will the fire out it's more of a little spark in my body I loose focus and it dissipates. That's ok Alba to keep focus for longer will take more time your asking a lot from your body you know. It's all in there but strengthening your focus needs more time, try it again maybe close your eyes that might help focus you for longer. I close my eyes again I will the fire I feel it's working I keep my eyes closed I'm afraid if I open my eyes I'll stop focusing again. Now imagine something so boring you zone out that way you can open your eyes and hold the focus. What do I find boring? I pretend I have nothing to do, that works for me. I open my eyes still feeling zoned out but I can see the spark has turned to a small flame surrounding my Phoenix form, I would say about 2 minutes later I loose focus and am feeling pretty tired. I shift back wearing my red gown. Great job Alba we'll do some more tomorrow you've got the gist.
"How did your training go Angel?" I smiled giddy I was so pleased with myself and Mitch had a proud smile on his face, we were now getting dressed for bed. "According to Aurora in her exact words 'well done you've got the gist now." "Good work love you didn't drain yourself did you?" Great no dad I didn't. "No we stopped before I felt too tired but we'll pick up more training tomorrow after dress shopping of course."
After I got into bed Mitch turned off the light, got into bed and pulled me up next to him. I kissed him he was shocked and tensed a little which made me frown but he quickly relaxed and kissed me back with a bruisingly intense kiss which he continued till I pulled back for air. I quickly hid my heated face in his chest as he laughed and before I fell asleep I heard "I love you angel."