[002] - the jumper

﹒──── ✩ + ❛ ✧!

﹒──── ✩   + ❛ ✧!

★✩﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒

[002] -
the jumper

SIOBHÁN FELT CAPTURED IN her thoughts. The girl was never a person to probe about on snowy days. It appeared to be deluded and broken when she did. Yet, there was something peculiar about the coldness. She discerned herself out of place in these walls that carried ancient history. No matter how she fussed, an inevitable occurrence happened to ruin the peace.

Much to her dismay, James Potter's jumper hung heavy like an agonizing reminder. Many of the students she passed in the corridors gave her glances full of jealousy. If she were a bug, they would've stepped on her with no remorse. Siobhán didn't understand their envy—partially because she had no ties to James and didn't plan on it. They should know his heart has only belonged to Lily Evans. No, it will always be hers.

She blankly stared at the open textbook in front of her, the potion's classroom taunting the vivid thoughts. To her right, Amos Diggory was putting ingredients in the cauldron. Professor Slughorn had assigned the class to concoct a dose of Sleeping Draught. Siobhán didn't care for this, though. She preferred to be caught up in her own mind.

The sandy-haired boy took notice of the unusual behavior. He only found that she was in a daze. Nudging her slightly in the arm, Siobhán looked up and smiled gently. She continued to cut up the ingredients for their potion.

"You seem quite out of it, Parten," Amos spoke softly. He seemed focused on the work in front of him. She turned her head to where he stood. "Something haunting you?"

Amos Diggory happened to be the best person she'd ever met. He was brave, exceptionally kind, and had a particular attribute of loyalty. Siobhán thought Hufflepuff was one of the best houses in Hogwarts. She was rather bitter when she wasn't sorted there.

"My thoughts," she murmured. Amos hummed for a moment, watching her add the final ingredients to the potion. He smiled as the draught turned into the perfect color. Between the two of them, they considered themselves the best potion partners to ever exist. "Perhaps I'm not entirely there."

"What's keeping you?" he seemed curious. Siobhán let the silence overtake her as Professor Slughorn passed by the pair, giving them a thumbs up. Amos peered at her once again.

"I don't know how to explain it," she looked around the vicinity, stiffening when she caught James Potter hitting Sirius Black on the head with his textbook. He was as foolish as he was pompous. She heaved out a sigh, causing Amos to follow her gaze.

"Is that what's making you upset?" he put his head down to her level. Siobhán flinched at the sound of his voice.

"They haven't made me upset necessarily," she put forth, tilting her head slightly. "I suppose they're reckless, though." She leaned back in her chair, feet pressing against one of the legs of the table without noticing her knees were touching Amos's standing form.