Lesson 2

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 2:
Blood is just a condiment made from tomatoes

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

I landed on the ground rolling. When my body rested in a fixed position, I slowly opened my eyes. My head hurts.

What just happened?

I looked around and remembered something. I got up and held my spear. My eyes searched for the worm-like creature but saw none.

I clicked my tongue.

Where did it go? Most importantly, where am I?

This isn't the Imperial Sanctuary, I'm very certain of it. So… where am I?

My gaze lifted to the sky and saw the moon lighting up the night sky. It's already dark? But my day's just about to start. What kind of sorcery is this?

Not far from where I'm standing, there was a bridge and two men were standing there. They are wearing an Eastern clothing. Perhaps I was in Cadia Riverland? I slowly went under the bridge to listen to their conversation.

I am perfectly aware that this is wrong and this is something that a princess should not do but I might get some clues on their conversation.

"Hey, wait up," a voice said. "Aren't you Katsura Koutarou-dono?"

"You have the wrong man," the other man answered.

"Don't worry. I'm not one of those Shogunate dogs."

"You're still a dog... So are you thirsting for blood?" he stopped before continuing, "I heard there's been a serial killer here lately, one who carries a sword... Go find someone else to bark at."

"Unfortunately, my sword hungers for the blood of strong men like you," his words sent shivers to my body. "How about a little match?"

Does he mean a duel?

"That sword you..." the other man stopped talking. I felt a sudden movement above.

"Is that the best you can do?" one of them asked.

My eyes widened when I heard that something was torn apart. My speculations were proven when I saw blood dripping. I hid myself more when one of them started walking.

When I was sure that the other man had left already, I immediately made my way up. When I saw a man on his knees and his back was bleeding, I panicked and rushed towards him.

"Shit-" I stopped when I realized what I'd said. "Did I just curse? Shit-oh, shit, I just did it again. Pardon my language. But shit! You're bleeding, I shall take you to an infirmary!"

"I... I'm not bleeding... I'm Katsura," he said.

"Seriously? How do you manage to make such a joke at this time? ! You should worry more about your life. I need to stop your wound from bleeding first. Do you have anything? An extra cloth perhaps?" I asked but I didn't hear any response. I checked his pulse and felt every flicker on it. "You're alive, aren't you?"

"I'm not alive, I'm Katsu--"

"I get it! I get it, you're not any else, you're Katsura! Don't repeat the same pun anymore. It doesn't sound funny at first so please, don't make it worse." An idea came to my mind. "Oh, right! My gown has an excess strip of cloth."

I immediately changed into my dress. I cut the long blue cloth that was hanging on my back and wrapped it around the wounded man in front of me.

"Here, stand up," I said while helping him to stand.