Lesson 22

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 22:
Kindly observe social distancing!

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

"They're late," said Gintoki. "Shinpachi, are you sure you told them the right time?"

"Yes," Shinpachi answered. "The men you invited haven't shown up either. Where are the Warriors of Babel?"

"The Warriors of Babel are jerks. People are so unsociable nowadays. At this rate, we'll have to woo the kid."

"How about Mr. Tojo?"

"If he participated, Kyubei would get wise to the plan. He didn't like it, but I told him he couldn't come," he then turned at me. "How about you Princess of the Wild? Where are your constituents? I thought you invited them? We don't have any other choice but I think having animals here will be better than those warriors."

"How the hell will animals prevent her from building the Tower of Babel?" Shinpachi exclaimed.

"Will you please stop calling the people I know as animals? That will be rude and I swear, you wouldn't want to know what they can do if you pissed them," I said. "Anyway, I don't even know if they received the letter. I haven't heard a response from Fanny and there's a time difference on this wo--place to my place, you know. They're probably sleeping soundly right now."

Gintoki reminded Kagura of his plan that I didn't agree with because it sounds so absurd and he's just doing it for his own benefit.

When I received the letter from Fanny, I found out that they sent it on a post. Apparently, our world is far away from this world. More like, it's in another universe so she doesn't know when I will be able to receive it. She also reported things about the empire. She told me that she'll send a letter once a week that contains the summary of what happened to the empire for seven days. But when she knew that it only took hours for messages to be delivered, she changed it and turned it into daily reporting.

Luckily, the abyssal demons don't know yet about my disappearance. For the meantime, they have asked one of the Elvens named Miya to be my doppelganger.

We've been exchanging letters since then. Yesterday, Tojo, Kyuubei's servant, approached the agency. He said that Kyuubei was planning to construct the 'Tower of Babel' and we must stop it. That's why they arranged a matchmaking party.

They searched for the 'Warriors' yesterday but unluckily, they found none. I said that I knew some people. I don't know if it's possible but I still wrote and told Fanny to ask the Captain and the squad to come here. This could be our chance to reunite since we don't know when can I go back.

If the whole squad will come, that's three male, one female and one male cat.

"If you're gonna do it, the time is now. If you're gonna do it, the time is now." I turned where that weird music came from. I saw Katsura and that huge penguin du--Elizabeth doing some performance. "Joi is joy! Excluding foreigners is a joy! Is a joi! Excluding foreigners is a joy!"

"Now, repeat after me!" he said to Elizabeth. Elizabeth raised a signboard that said 'Joy'. "No! Speak out! Don't use the sign! I know you speak perfectly when I'm not around!"

"Joy!"
"Joy!!"

Gintoki threw a kick on Katsura.

"What are you doing here?" Gintoki asked. Katsura explained that he isn't here because of the matchmaking party. He's here to recruit people on excluding foreigners a.k.a terrorizing and he thought of using 'Katsu-Rap' to engage more people.

"We're not the same at all." My attention shifted to the pair who came. It was the purple-haired and the Commander of Shinsengumi.

I examined their outfits. The girl was wearing a wedding gown while the male one's jacket was on top of his shoulder but there was nothing underneath.

"I'm not a stalker, you freak. I'm nothing like you," the purple-haired girl said.

"You are too a stalker! You definitely are! But I'm not. No way," Kondo defended himself.

"I watch over Gin. I'm a fairy like Tinker Bell. But you're a creepy, lurking ghoul."

"No way! I'm a fairy, too! No, Otae's a fairy. I'm her Peter Pan."

"You're Peter Pan."

"Nooo! I'm Peter's pants!"
"You're a pain all right!"

Just like Katsura, Kondo tasted Gintoki's feet, too.

Katsura walked closer to Kondo and picked up his jacket. He handed it to Kondo and when their gazes met, they were surprised by each other. After all, Kondo is chasing Katsura and Katsura is running away from them.

Before they could even react, another foot knocked them over but this time it was from a horse.

"Sorry, I'm late," Kyuubei said, dressed in full armor while riding a horse. "Otae told me a matchmaking party is a battle between men and women. So I came ready."

"Oh, Kyu... You took me too literally. It's not that kind of battle," Otae, who arrived, said. "Sorry, I'm late. Gin told me to bring some pretty girls, and I had a hard time getting a hold of all my friends. Right, girls?"

My head moved to see the girls she mentioned and I blinked multiple times. Here I thought that it would be normal. Who am I kidding anyway?

Where the hell is Fanny and others? I didn't mention that we will be having a matchmaking party, I just told them to come here. It's urgent and I needed their help.

"I will find Your Highness!"
"Didn't I tell you that you shouldn't call Princess Silvanna like that when we're here in this world?"
"Sister, you have to calm down."
"Wow! This world is quite intriguing!"
"You're all annoying. Let's make this quick!"

I grinned when I heard those voices. I looked behind and not far from here is the Lightborn Squad.

"Alucard! Fanny! Captain! Harith! Granger!" I called and waved at them. I grinned more when they saw me. Fanny waved back and ran towards me. Harith ran after her while the three walked in a gentle manner.

I turned to Gintoki and gave him a thumbs up.

"So how's the Warriors I've invited--oh, wait, they're Knights!" I said to him.

Gintoki's eyes went teary as well as his expression. I was expecting him to say something but I was caught off-guard when he wrapped his arms around me.

"Where's your home? If the people in the Wild look like these, I would love to live there!" he said.

I felt his breath touching my shoulder. I felt his warm palm patting my back. I felt how my heart melted at that moment.