Lesson 14

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 14:
Fall for people like you

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

"This won't do," I said while examining the leaf in front of me.

"Is that so?" I turned to Hedoro, a huge green Amanto with two white horns attached on his head. He's the guy living next door to Gintoki's. He's a florist.

I decided to visit his flower shop to look for some herbs that may help Gintoki with his cold. That idiot just catched a cold.

"If only I can go to the Elvens," I muttered.

"Are you saying something?"

"I was just wishing I had access to the herbs found in the place where I grew up. We have a lot there and for sure, it will help him recover faster," I said. "Anyway, thanks for helping me. I'll buy this white daisy bouquet."

"Why don't you just buy medicine?" he asked.

"Medicine? But aren't these medicine already?" I asked.

"Of course, there are other kinds of medicine. Those in tablets and capsules, there are chemicals there that were mixed so they can cure illnesses. Don't you have those in the place where you grew up?"

"Well... Uhm... Not really. You see, our world--our place, I mean--has a culture very different from this one."

"I see. That should explain your clothes," he said and handed me the bouquet. I gave him the payment. "Send my regards to the silverhead fellow."

"I will, thank you--and oh! Do you know where I can buy the medicine you were saying?"

"It's in a boutique or a pharmacy."

"Thank you!"

When I arrived at the Yorozuya, Shinpachi and Kagura were both nowhere to be found. I saw a woman and three kids. I nodded at her. I remembered Gintoki saying that a client will come here, that explains why the two were missing. Will they be able to do the job properly though?

"Please feel at home while we're waiting for those two, Ma'am. Do you want something? Tea, perhaps? Or the kids. Do they need some toys?" I asked.

"We're fine. Mind if I ask you what's wrong with your boss? He wasn't like that when I talked to him," she said.

"He catched a cold, Ma'am. I told him that he can't entertain any client on that condition, why did he still do it? He's so stubborn, perhaps his brain and ears have a cold, too."

She just nodded on what I said. I told her to call me if ever she needs something before excusing myself. I went to the kitchen.

I found some mint leaves on the side earlier. Even though I already bought the medicines that Hedoro told me, since I'm the one who's going to take care of him, I decided to do it my own way.

"Why aren't you sleeping? You should sleep," I asked Gintoki. I brought him the medicine and the mint tea I've made.

"How am I supposed to sleep when those two are out doing a job on their own? What if they ended up-" I put the pill inside his mouth. He choked so I immediately gave him the mint tea I made.

He almost spilled it.

"Do you hate me that much? Are you--" I covered his mouth with my hand to stop him from talking.

"Shh... They're here," I said. "I'm sure, they'll be able to do that. Despite their appearances and attitudes sometimes, I'm sure they are reliable. Shinpachi looks like it but for the other one... She's like the younger and female version of you. It will be chaotic but for sure, it will be okay."

"That's right!" Kagura's voice was loud enough for us to hear. "I found that your husband is enjoying the milk of this bitch and calling it work. After he found out that I wouldn't let him get my milk."

"Hey, you there! Quit making up things! At least explain why I was brought to a place like this," an unfamiliar baritone voice said.

"Don't try to slip out of it. Jealous of your three kids, you went on the streets to carry out your jealous desires. That is your true motive."

"Gura-san, how many times do I have to say it... You can't just decide things this way," it was Shinpachi. "This can't be the way that lovers would think of each other, this may cause violence."

I heard something hitting the ground. I opened the door slightly and saw that the woman was on top of an unknown man. Judging on what they've said earlier, this request must be about unfaithfulness.

"YOU PERVERTED BASTARD! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? IS IT A? IS IT B? OR IS IT Z?" the woman shouted.

"Ma'am, not you, too!"

"Honestly, I had no idea you were like this, Gin-san. I feel like I've been a bother. Even if you are the opposite sex, I wished I had notice this earlier." My gaze shifted on the violet-haired girl beside Kagura. Oh! It's Gintoki's girlfriend.

"Hey, your girlfriend is here," I said to him.

"I must be dreaming if I have one."

"You... Don't have any?"

"What do you think?"

"Well... I don't know about other girls but you weren't really my--" he removed his mask and sneezed. Since my hand was still on his mouth, his saliva and some of his rheums hit my palm. I pulled my hand away from him and cleaned it. "See? See? You are rude and you're gross! You don't have any delicacy and gentleness in your body. Someone like you would just fall for you-"

The door of the room broke when the husband was sent towards this place. When I turned at Gintoki, the purple-haired girl was already beside him.

"I'll just go outside. I forgot something at Hedoro's," I managed to calm myself down. What happened earlier and what's currently happening is affecting my brain. It's just too noisy and everything is in chaos. Seeing the purple-haired snuggling Gintoki just made me more mad.

I need to go somewhere. I went out of the Yorozuya and stayed on the balcony. I watched Kagura and Shinpachi as they headed somewhere. When I felt that my head was in a cooler condition, I went inside already.

I entered the room to take the dishes but I overheard them saying something. The reason why the husband is always missing and doing some overtime. He would go to a flower shop so that he can prepare a surprise gift for his wife on their anniversary. How sweet.

My eyes unconsciously went on the purple-haired. She was watching me and when our gazes met, she narrowed her eyes at me. What's wrong with her?

It's not like I'll take him away from her. I don't even like him.

"Hey, they're back!" I heard someone say, I went out of the kitchen.

Shinpachi and Kagura were holding a large frame.

"Miss, it's a gift from your husband," Kagura said.

"A gift? But what is it?" the wife asked.

"Your husband wasn't doing anything wrong, they were just rumors. The reason why he was being so secretive is because he wanted to give you this."

"Me?" she held the frame and her eyes scanned it. From being teary-eyed, her expression suddenly changed into a mad one. "Who the hell is Machiko? Don't fucking screw with me!"

She threw the frame away and marched away from the scene. The husband followed her. I also went outside to see what's happening. There are piles of petals in the road that spelled Michiko then Machiko.

I smiled at the two beside me and patted their heads.

When the night came, I needed to create more tea for we all catch Gintoki's cold.