Epilogue: History Repeats Itself!

Too much blood has been spilled on our never ending war against the demons. We might have driven the darkness away for now but they will always come back. We won this battle but we haven't won the war. We can't even tell that it's a victory for us due to the casualties we lost.

I stopped on my tracks and laid my palms on the frame of the window. My eyes wandered around the empire as I admired its beauty.

I've always thought that something is missing and I knew that it was my brother but...

I feel like I just lost something very important to me, other than my younger brother. My heart is longing for something else, for a thing that can't be found anywhere in the empire.

"Your Highness." I turned to Fanny who was wearing her Lightborn clothes. "Everyone is waiting for you."

I nodded at her. I looked at my reflection on a window nearby. A grin formed on my lips when I saw myself.

I can't believe that today, I will be crowned as the Queen of the Moniyan Empire.

It was like yesterday when I was just a helpless little kid, a damsel-in-distress. But now, I'm a grown-up woman and am about to rule a whole empire.

The huge wooden door opened, revealing the hall filled with important people in the empire. Knights were lining up to guide me all the way to my throne. My eyes wandered on its own as if it was searching for someone.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw a glimpse of a silverhead fellow.

I blinked. I halted when suddenly, the silverhead disappeared. My eyebrows furrowed and I scanned the hall once more.

"Is there something wrong, Your Highness?" Fanny asked.

"I think I just saw someone I know but I don't exactly know who he was. I saw a silverhead in the crowd and I thought he was familiar," I said. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped but she quickly closed it.

"Perhaps you're just nervous, Your Highness," she said and I just agreed to her. Maybe she's right. I'm just nervous and maybe I'm just overthinking.

I finally reached the altar where the archbishop stood beside it.

"Is your Highness willing to take the oath?" he asked.

"I am willing," I answered with conviction.

He lent me a book where I placed my hands.

"Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the people of the Moniyan Empire, and of your Possession and the other territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?"

"I solemnly promise to do so."

The coronation oath continued and I answered them with all honesty.

"May I present to you, her Majesty, Queen Silvanna Aurelius of the Moniyan Empire." Applause covered the whole palace.

I waved at everyone. I was just about to say my speech when a knight rushed inside.

"Your Majesty," he said. "I'm sorry for interrupting your ceremony but there was a worm-like creature outside the palace."

We all looked at the window and a worm-like creature appeared on it.

I immediately changed my gown into my knight uniform. I summoned my spear and charged towards the creature outside.

"Your Majesty!" I heard the knights calling my name but I didn't halt.

I crushed on the window and covered myself using my hands. My body rolled as I landed on the ground.

The worm-like creature looked at me and her eyes widened.

"Oh, shit. Here we go again," she said. "I shouldn't have erased your memory!"

But I didn't care.

I leaped towards her head. When I was about to reach its head, it created a blackhole and it went inside it. Before I could even stop myself mid-air, I already entered it.

I landed on a cold cement but I immediately stood up as a group of men with swords were about to attack me. But before I could even move, someone stood in front of me and slashed his wooden sword to them.

His hair was silver and even though he was turning his back, I don't know why but a smile crept on my lips.

“Gintoki...” my mouth moved on its own. Even though I don't know who this guy is, I feel like somehow, he became a huge part in my life and the missing piece in my heart has been filled.