Lesson 19

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 19:
If no one else can do it, you can

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

As soon as the door vanished, I quickly came inside the house and searched for Otae. I stopped on my tracks when I saw Gintoki talking to her. I can feel something inside my chest aching upon seeing it.

"Man or woman... I'm not going to blame anyone but you know, she must have known about why you were trying to become her left eye. You sure have known that carrying this burden and going to her side, at the very least, wouldn't have solved anything," Gintoki said. I don't know why the pain that was stabbing my chest vanished and was replaced by a fluttering feeling. "Both of you must have known at least that even doing this wouldn't make anyone happier."

"I'm sorry," Otae said.

"There's no need to apologize. Anyone... Everyone... was just trying to protect what they wanted to protect. That's all."

"Oh? Sil-chan!" I met the gaze of the one who called me. I waved at Kagura who was waving at me. I ran all the way to them. "Where did you go? Have you seen that final blow earlier? Shinpachi looks cool but it's all thanks to Gin-chan aru!"

"I went to a hospital. I thought I was poisoned when I ate that chocolate omelette," I halfly-lied. "What happened here? Did you guys win?"

"Yes, we won!" she said. "You should treat us since you didn't do that much!"

"Because you said that I should just talk to Otae!" I exclaimed. "Why don't we settle this right now?"

"Ora ora!" she said and positioned herself. I also made the same stance. When we're just about to attack each other, someone already attacked us.

"Keep quiet for a while, they're talking, morons." I glared at Gintoki who hit my head then shifted on Otae and the Yagyuu trap.

---

"The bride and groom are making their entrance," the announcer said.

We're attending the pre-attending ceremony of the Commander of Shinsengumi and the Princess of Gorillas. They told us to wear something formal. I told Shinpachi that I'll be wearing a gown since I don't have any other clothes.

At first, he agreed but when he saw me wearing my gown, he scolded me before I could even fix my hair. He told me that I will just steal the spotlight from the couple if I'm dressed like that. Gintoki and Kagura didn't even help when they teased me that I look like a Princess, the Princess of Wild in a gown.

I didn't have any choice but to buy a new set. It was a black kimono top with a lower neckline than the normal one. I topped it with a white coat that has a gold trim. I tied them together with a blue obi. I also paired it with a black pants and black knee-high boots with gold details engraved on it. I tied my hair in a ponytail, too, just like always.

I stared at the food in front of us. I can hear the people beside me talking about something.

We weren't really invited here, in the first place, but the members of the Shinsengumi asked us to stop this ceremony. Initially, our plan was to gate crash but we heard that there's a lot of food so they said that they'll act as visitors.

In the end, the three of them didn't really plan to do their request from the very beginning and adding to their disappointments, the food that they were serving here was only bananas.

"This is Kondou, come in. Over!" My attention went to the radio that Okita was holding. "What the hell are you guys doing?! Hurry up and break this reception, please. Over!"

"You are good at this, aren't you? I didn't invite you here just to feast! Over," he added.

"You say "feast" but they only have bananas, don't they? Don't treat us lightly, bastard. Over," Gintoki said.

"We, the Shinsengumi, this time can't act openly. This marriage was arranged by old man Matsudaira. If we oppose him, the Shinsengumi will be done for. We can only depend on outsiders like you. Over."

"Where are these from? Over." I shook my head when I heard Kagura. I'm sorry, Sir Kondou, but these idiots don't have any plan to help you and now that their expectations on food went down, their will to do this turns to zero.

"Eh?"

"I'm asking where are these bananas from. Over."

I just clicked my tongue more when they were starting to make things worse for Kondou. Gintoki excused himself and Okita accompanied him.

"Then, bride and groom, please come to the front," the announcer said. One of my eyebrows raised upon seeing what they brought in the front. It was a large bed. "We are presenting you with the bride and groom's first act of union."

Every gorilla stopped on what they were doing and focused on what's in front of them. I can feel the tension that the Commander's feeling as the bride laid down on the bed.

He turned at us. Our gazes met but I immediately turned in the other direction, I covered my mouth with my hand to hide my laughter. I can see Shinpachi putting some bananas in a tupperware and Kagura helping him.

When I realized that it's not a laughing matter and I'm being rude for doing it, I coughed and thought of something to help him. I looked around and stood up.

If no one will do it, I guess I don't have any choice but to risk my dignity.

"Sil-chan?"
"Silvanna-san?"

One of the gorillas picked up the Commander and threw him all the way. I was about to summon my spear when a pole weapon appeared from nowhere and it pierced Kondou to the wall.

All of our eyes darted to the entrance and there stood the brown-haired girl that almost married a girl, too.

The next thing I knew, the members of the Shinsengumi were already fighting against the gorillas.