Lesson 26

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 26:
Samurai and Knight are the same, both of them has something to protect

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Our eyes widened when tears started to pour from Tama's eyes. She's crying. A robot is crying!

"Just as I thought," the robot who was chasing us all along said. The people-robots from the magistrate's office are after Tama. They were saying that she stole something from the doctor and that will be the key to turning things around. Robots being Gods and humans as their servants. "You can do what no robot can do. That's the most damning evidence at all. Hand her over!"

Everything was moving at such a fast pace that the next thing I knew, I was running along with Shinpachi as Gintoki and Kagura tried to hold off the army of robots.

"Wah! What's going on!" Shinpachi exclaimed. "How'd we get caught up in this? Right and... There are maids everywhere!"

Just like what he said, we've been surrounded by robots already. There's just a lot of robots and they're more annoying than Alice's creeps and minions!

"I am the one they're after. You unknowingly took the most dangerous task," the robot said. "Sadly, I calculate the probability of your survival. Each of you has less than five percent."

"Don't calculate things like that! I'm doing this for you!" Shinpachi responded.

"But if you abandon me... Your chances increase to 25 percent."

"But if me and Shinpachi joined forces, that would make it five times two, around 10%, right?" I said and gave her a thumbs-up. We, finally, stopped on running.

"Silvanna-san, it's still too low and don't give us a thumbs-up! That's only one-tenth! We'll still die," Shinpachi exclaimed.

"But at least it increased. Why can't you try to be optimistic in this situation?!" I protested.

"Optimism should depend on the situation... However, your calculations apply to ordinary people, Tama, not samurai."

"Samurai?" the robot asked, confused.

"Even if I abandoned you and managed to live... I'd still die. Having failed to protect my charge... I'd no longer be a samurai. If I only have a five percent chance of survival, then I'll do all I can to improve your chances," Shinpachi picked up a pole while laying on the ground and started to dash towards the enemy with that as I fought them bare handedly. "Once I decide to protect someone, there's no going back! That's the samurai way!"

"Even if that charge is someone of uncertain origin who's suspected of murder? Samurai... It's beyond my comprehension. I lack the appropriate data."

"Then add it to your data! Save it above the data about warriors and satans!" What's with them referencing some rpg things? Did something happen when I wasn't around? "And add that they have a weakness for crying girls!"

"Roger, I'll save it under the heading of Satan's minions," Shinpachi made it through but robots are still coming this way.

"Oi, forget about not using magic in this world." I stretched out my right hand. I can feel air compressing in front of my palm. When I knew that my Cometic Lance had been summoned, I swirled it on my finger and held it in a fighting stance. "Don't forget about the knight, too."

"Is the Knight the one who secretly loves a Samurai?" the robot said that made me turn at her. What? Where did she get that? "Should I place the knight beside the samurai and list them as lovers?"

"Shinpachi!" I ignored what Tama said and just called Shinpachi. "Ikeeeee!"

I swung my lance at them and it was enough to slice those who were in front.

A smile crept to my face. This scenario is just too familiar.

I felt like I was in the middle of a battle against the abyssal demons and I had to protect the Moniyan Empire.

The only difference now is... I wanted to protect them, not because it was my duty and responsibility but because I want to protect them and I can't afford to lose them.

That's when I realized what's wrong.

---

"Where did Shinpachi go?" I muttered to myself. I've been searching around already but I didn't find him. I tried to go to the shop where we were supposed to go but he wasn't there.

It seems like the electric power in the whole city was cut off. There was nothing around but only darkness. The moon is the only source of the light. Neither the stars are here.

My question earlier was only answered when the huge screen in front of me turned on. Revealing a male robot and on his back was Shinpachi who's been held back by two maids.

"We have seized Edo's Central Power Terminal," he broadcasted. "This town will soon be under the control of robots. Do as we say and we will not harm you."

"The era of robot enslavement is over. When our queen's soul returns, robots will be the equals to human beings... or even of God. If her soul is not returned, a price will be exacted in human blood."

I know that Gintoki and the others will do something in times like this. I also know that Shinpachi will be safe. I believe in them so I must do what I can do, too.

And that is to protect this city to the death.

This battalion of robots are nothing compared to the demons I faced in the past--but they still irritate me more than those demons can. They don't have their own minds and they can't make decisions on their own. They only follow their master and that will make it easier for me to slice them to pieces.

I wasn't a Princess nor a Knight from this place but I need to protect this city and its citizens.