Lesson 21

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 21:
Love is a disease, be careful not to catch it!

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

"YOU?!" I shouted when I saw the male permed silverhead in the hospital. Last last night, I forgot to go to the hospital after our job at that hostess club. To our luck, it's the shogun who was the client that night. Shogun is like the most powerful man. Things didn't go well that night and the whole night was thrilling and terrifying. I was scared that it would be my last hour in this world.

Since yesterday, we haven't received a single job. Instead of just spacing out on the Yorozuya for the second day, I decided to go to a hospital and attend a cardiovascular health check.

But it looks like destiny is really playing tricks on me.

Of all many places, why do I have to see him here?

I once again felt the sudden increase in the tempo of my heartbeat.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He just eyed me boredly. He was standing before a vending machine and holding a chip that says 'Super-Hot Rice Crackers'. He poked his pointing finger into his nose that made me agitated. This guy surely doesn't know how to be hygienic.

"Doing a job," he answered coldly.

"Oh," I said and nodded repeatedly.

"How ʼbout you? What's the Princess of the Wild doing here?" Somehow, I just got used to his nickname. Well, at least it still has a princess on it.

"Health check. My heart's been abnormally beating lately."

"Then the Veterinary Clinic is still a cab away from here. Do you want me to accompany you?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"What do you mean? Are you implying that I'm an animal?"

"Aren't you a beast?" I kicked his legs that made him bend. "I-I'm sorry. What I was saying is, your friends are confined there!"

I narrowed my eyes on him and before I could even move an inch, he already ran away.

I gave up on chasing after him. If he's here, I guess I'll just go and come back some other time. I can't stand to see him. I don't know why but whenever I'm around him, it's where my heart starts to beat wildly as if it was caged and wanted to escape.

I turned my back on the hospital and started to go back to Yorozuya.

"Silvanna-san, how's your check-up?" Shinpachi asked.

"It's fine. The doctor said that I was perfectly healthy--but of course! Who am I kidding! My heart's been running erratically whenever I'm around that idiot. I don't need to consult a doctor for me to know what it is!" I exclaimed. I sighed and lunged myself on the couch.

"What is it then?" Kagura asked. "Was it deadly since it's affecting your heart? Was it contagious? Am I going to be infected by it, too?"

"Silvanna-san, was that the new disease they discovered?" Shinpachi asked too with a scared expression.

They stared at me with horror. They vanished from my sight for a second and when they came back, they were already wearing personal protective equipment.

I looked at them in disbelief. Seriously? These kids are innocent, really.

"It's not contagious so there is no need to over-react. However, almost everyone will experience this condition. You must fear because its pain is worse than the most painful disease. Sadly, pain relievers aren't enough to aid it and no medicines can mend it."

"It isn't scary at all!" Kagura exclaimed and started to remove her PPE. "I wonder when I will have it."

"You'll never have it, I'm telling you," I said. "It's impossible."

I turned to Sadaharu who was busy reading some comics. It looks like this dog uses his brain more than his masters do. I tried to read what he was reading and my eyes widened on what's in its panel.

"Who gave this dog an adult comic?" I asked them though the answer was already obvious. "That pervert! Why does he let his belongings be scattered everywhere? What's worse is they are as disgusting as him!"

"Oh, Sadaharu! Look! Look! A train is approaching a cave inside the jungle. Sadaharu, I'm so proud of you. I always knew you were a smart dog," Kagura said and ruffled Sadaharu's head. Sadaharu barked and put her head inside his mouth then resumed what he was reading.

I shook my head. Kagura is too innocent.

"Shinpachi, can you tell that idiot to at least keep his things away from children... and dog, too?" I glanced at Kagura and Sadaharu. "He must be the reason why Sadaharu was so in heat the last time. Sadaharu is slowly adapting his habits. Poor dog."

"Are you talking about Gin-san?" Shinpachi asked.

"Yes and I can't believe that of all people, I--" Before I can even expose myself, I already shut my mouth. "Never mind."

I stared at the ceiling blankly. I sighed heavily. I can't.

"Be careful not to fall."

I looked back on what the young seer said. I laughed bitterly. Funny because before she can even tell me that, I already did. But it's not too late, right? I can still get this feeling over. I can still avoid what's about to come.

When did it start?

But what if I'm just misunderstanding things?

I don't really like him, right?

Maybe the reason why my heart's been pounding so fast is because I'm just too irritated with him. Yes, because after all, he's someone who looks and acts gross. As a princess who's been lectured about good manners and appropriate etiquette, his habits are a big slap on my face.

No one acts like that in the empire. It's my first time seeing someone like that. That's why.

A doorbell echoed in the room.

I snapped out of my thoughts and stood up.

"I'll get it," I said.

When I opened the door, the messenger greeted me.

"Silvanna Aurelius? The Princess of the Moniyan Empire, I'm looking for her. Is she here?" he shouted. I covered his mouth and looked at him, eyes wide open.

"You're talking to her, Sir," I whispered. "What do you need from me? And will you please not mention my royal status? The citizens living in this place don't have any idea about it."

"There's a letter for you from Land of Dawn," he said.

I was confused for a moment but then it turned into a shocking one. How does this man know the Land of Dawn?

"Here," he said and handed me an envelope. My mouth hangs open when I saw the seal on it. "I'll go now. Have a nice day, Your Highness."

I hid the letter inside my hand armor and joined Shinpachi again.

"What was it, Silvanna-san? I heard someone mentioning Princess stuff," Shinpachi asked.

"He mistook me as that princess. Apparently, we have the same name," I said. I bit my lip. I know I shouldn't lie to these people but it's just that... I can't tell them.

"I'll just go to the bathroom," I excused myself to read the letter.