Lesson 9

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 9:
One kilometer apart!

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

I'm starting to question my decision already. Should I really do this? I still have the chance to retreat. I can still go back if I want to.

But if I didn't do it, how am I supposed to survive in this place?

"I'm glad you came, Silvanna." I nodded at Miss Otose. Back when the worm-like creature showed up, I came across her on my way to the inn I'm staying at for a while. I learned that she's one of the most important people in this place. That's why I asked her if she happened to know some job appropriate to me.

"I am currently unemployed, Ma'am. I don't have any choice. I need to look for a job if I want to live longer," I said.

"How I wish that idiot thinks like that, too."

"Are you referring to the silverhead?"

"He's the only silverhead I met that acts like that."

"You've seen other silverhead before? It kinda feels unusual and rare to see one in this place though."

"No. I have only seen Gintoki and you."

Wow. The comparison. Amazing. Makes sense.

"Anyway, Silvanna-san, why don't you join us on our Snow Festival? Have a stroll in this place. It has only been days since you've been here, right? You should try to join on occasions here, too," she said. "I'll tell you about the job later."

"Sure, Ma'am. I remember that we used to celebrate the Snow Festival on the empire back then but it isn't this noisy and fun. I'll definitely love my stay here," I remarked, smiling bitterly at the memory of my hometown. I nodded at her and started to wander the area.

My eyes caught a familiar figure. I knew that the probability of meeting them here is a full hundred percent but I don't have any choice. I'll just avoid them, I guess.

But of course, wherever they go, chaos will always be with them.

I stared at the thing that became the first victim of the destruction they have---a naked sculpture of a man who was leaning on the shoulder of an entertainer.

It's very different from what it was earlier.

Right. I should distance myself away from them, a kilometer will be enough. I wouldn't like to be infected by their deadly disease.

"It's you." I turned to the owner of the voice. It was the man from the bridge, the one with an outdated and overused pun but I still got infected. What was his name again? Kutsara? Oh, definitely not. Sounds like a spoon translated into another language.

"Yes, it's me," I replied.

"Sadaharu No. 30." I calmed myself. My name is not Silvanna anymore, I'm not the Princess of the Moniyan Empire anymore. I am now the Sadaharu No. 30, the pet of that girl with enormous strength.

"Woof," I barked. Accepting the whole me.

"Oh, I thought you were a cat."

"Meow?"

"Ah, a pig! You're a pig."

"Oink!"

"Wait, you're not a pig. You look like a horse."

With that, I had enough. I kicked him all the way to the silverhead's side and walked away from them. I'll never do such a thing again. Does he really think I'm an animal? That's a shame and a humiliation to my royal status. Oh, right. I'm no royal here.

It means that I can do whatever I please, right? Because no status and reputation will be stained.

I sat on a bench and watched the huge sculpture of the penguin duck collapse. Suits him well.

My gaze just followed the trio. I don't want to be associated with them, I'm fine just watching them from afar. I admit it though, it's actually fun seeing the ruckus they have done.

A woman who possesses long, light purple-hair with dark red glasses on her eyes approached them. They talked about something, most probably the trio's sculpture that I can't comprehend and also inspired on the sculptures they destroyed.

The woman led them to the statue that I didn't expect to be there. My jaw dropped seeing the sculpture she built. It was the silverhead. I looked at the silverhead and the idiot was enjoying it.

Then, the next thing that happened even caught me off-guard. The woman jumped onto its arms. Does she like the silverhead? But he's not that attractive. Sure, he has the skills but I think that's all.

He's not your ideal guy, actually. Not my ideal one at least. I've never had an ideal man in the first place though.

But I can't understand why there was pain throbbing in my chest while thinking about him being in a relationship with the purple-haired.

My attention went back to them when I heard something snap. The arms of the huge silverhead broke. The woman landed on the ground. She picked up the loose arms and searched for her eyeglasses but she accidentally touched someone's breast.

Even from a far distance, I can hear the owner of the breast's frustration.

"What are you trying to do, you sicko!" she shouted. She's the scary older sister!

"Why is it always me?" the girl with purple hair shouted while in the air.

They calmed for a bit. The older sister showed their entry and I was mesmerized. I've never seen anything like that. Sure, we always have the Snow Festival on our empire but they will always build a snowman, a snowman wearing a christmas hat, a snowman wearing headphones, nothing but just a snowman. They should have just called it a Snowman Festival.

The silverhead and the vermillion-haired girl are about to go back to their creation when suddenly, someone throws a... what's that? Was that even allowed here? Why is that thing here? Do they want to be cancelled? The thing is blurred! How is it possible?

The next thing I knew, a snowball fight was stirring up already. I need to get out of here immediately! I'll just come back to Miss Otose later.