Lesson 30

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 30:
It's not easy to conquer the world! Don't dare to do it!

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

"I'll run from here, Fanny," I told Fanny who was lifting me along her as she flew against the wind using her cables. Her feet landed on the ground and she put me down gently. "It'll be hard for you to maneuver your cables if you'll bring me with you."

"The bridge is just straight ahead, Your Highness," she said. She summoned the door through her necklace. "I'll check what's happening on the empire first. I'll go back to you as soon as I have the chance."

"I'm counting on you, Fanny," I said.

"Would you like to call for reinforcements, too?"

"I'm sure the war in the empire is tougher since Thamuz is there. You should prioritize it first. Just please, Fanny, tell them to not be too hard on my younger brother. Even though he's on their side, I still think he's a victim."

"Yes, Your Highness," even though she was hesitating, she still bowed. She turned her back and entered the door.

I looked at the portion of the bridge that was visible and exhaled. My feet started to run.

I'll stop you, Alice, no matter what it takes. I won't let you hurt those who are dear to me. I won't let you do what you want.

"Alice!" I called her. She turned to me and smirked. I heard Gintoki, Kagura, Shinpachi and the Shinsengumi wince in pain as Alice tightened her invisible rope more.

"You finally showed up, Princess," she said. There's something about her calling me Princess that makes my blood boil. "Just right in time when I finished telling them about you. It seems like the people here don't know anything about you. You hide your identity to them? Why?"

"Unlike you, I don't have any plans on destroying this world and messing things up. I don't like to stick my nose in things that I should not be involved in, in the first place."

She let out her annoying laugh.

"You know me well, darling. I always love to mess things up. Look what I did to the empire when I abducted your little brother," she said. "You were all devastated! And now, I'll bring them more sorrow after I show them the head of their beloved Princess. After that, I'll be able to spread darkness all over the universe!"

"Alice." I raised my chin as if I was looking down on her. "The light shines in the darkness. Even though you did manage to eradicate me, the light never goes out."

"I'm not the only one in this world--universe, rather, that has a heart of light." I glanced at Gintoki. "It's like what he said earlier, it won't be easy for you to conquer this world. Because his heart is brighter than what I have. It's purer than what I was made of, but his mind isn't. To even make things harder for you, he's not the only one who has a bright heart."

"The light within me may vanish and disappear along with my life but the people in this world have their own light deep in their hearts. If you try to extinguish it, that will only make it shine brighter," I said and smiled at everyone.

"Will these people drive out the darkness? Come on, Princess, they can't even move an inch," she said.

"And you shouldn't really let them because once they were able to escape from your ability, you have to pay double for what you did to them," I said.

"Then why don't we speed things up," after she said that, she released a magic circle on the ground. I gulped when they bent down. She's sucking their blood!

"You don't really know how to fight fair and square!" I shouted and dashed towards her. I summoned my spear and slashed those who were in my way.

I hopped on one of her minions' shoulders and did the trick I did the last time. When my feet touched the ground, I enlarged my spear and stabbed those who were in front me in a quick manner.

My eyes widened when I saw them struggling with Alice's ability. Their body dries up gradually.

My right foot took a step backward. I positioned myself to throw my spear all the way to Alice while her back was still the one that was facing me.

I watched her as her knees bent down and she held her stomach. Her face turned at me and she eyed me angrily. My gaze went to the others who collapsed on the ground as soon as Alice's magic vanished.

Alice's minions came to her but instead of telling them her condition, she threw a blood stream to them, killing them.

"Idiots! What are you doing here?! Attack her!" she shouted at them while her hands were still on her stomach.

Her minions looked at me and that's when I realized that my spear was still on Alice.

"I won't allow you to touch even a strand of hair of Your Highness. You, creeps, should go back to the abyss where you came from!" I heard Fanny shout who appeared along with the door in the air. The hooks of her cable pierced the tree on her sides and she swirled her body, as well as her swords, as she danced in the air.

She took down those who tried to approach me. When the enemies were still far away, she stopped beside me.

"What's your command, Your Highness?" she asked.

"Outshine darkness," I said.

"Affirmative," she confirmed and aimed the hooks of her cable on the trees and flew around again.

Gintoki and others finally recovered on Alice's ability and they ran then positioned themselves beside me.

"You finally showed up," Gintoki said. "These kids were crying because the woman who's on par with my idiocy and strength went home already. As for me, I was glad because no one will take my place as the main silverhead."

"Why don't we settle things after this fight? We still have a bet to prove, right?" I said.

"I won't lose to you because you're a girl," he said.

"When did you even consider someone's gender, huh?!" I exclaimed.

I snatched the sword of one of the minions in front of me and along with them, I didn't have to be scared and I knew that I don't have to face the darkness alone.