Lesson 8

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 8:
Duck, cover and hold

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

When I woke up, I tried to reach for the back of my right shoulder. The goons from earlier pierced something on it. I tried to move but something restrained me from doing so. I even tried to move more but it was helpless, a rope was wrapped around my body.

"Sadaharu No. 30!" I turned to the owner of the voice whom I never wished to see again. "Come down!"

I crawled all the way to them. They cut the rope that's enveloping me. It looks like the men who abducted me are busy with something.

"What are you doing, you bastard!!!" one of them caught us.

"Ah~ I did it. I did it," a man, who's topless, said.

"What are you trying to do? Kill him! Kill him!" their leader said.

The man with a beard jumped with the rest of his comrades leaving me alone. I finally realized who he is! That silverhead!

"Hey! How rude! Don't leave me here," I shouted at them and jumped to the stairs, too. I landed at the wrong foot causing me to slip and roll.

"Coming through!" I warned them but of course, it was all sudden so they didn't have the time to step aside.

They rolled with me until we reached the first floor. The sound of an explosion was heard. I looked at the men dressed in black jackets and black pants. Cannons were placed in front of them and there was smoke extinguishing from it. My face went in a straight direction and my eyes met a pair of dead-fish ones.

When it all came to me, I immediately pushed away the man that's laying on top of me. I stood up and looked in the opposite direction to hide the sudden redness of my face. I've never been that close to any man!

"Sadaharu No. 30!" The vermillion-haired girl rushed to me and embraced me in a hug. "I thought I'll never see you again. I'm very worried that you didn't come home. Where have you been? Why did you run away? Is it because of the couch? You don't like the couch?"

She stopped talking, waiting for my answer but I just stared at her dumbfounded.

"I knew it! You don't like it. Oi, old man!" She hit the man with the beard. She snatched his hair revealing his natural silver threads. "Sadaharu No. 30 must have picked up your scent from the couch! You stink!"

"Ah, I killed a person," he said while acting dumber than ever.

"Oi, I told you to listen to me." The vermillion-haired one looked as if she had enough of the silver-haired before she threw him away. She went after him and kicked him over and over again.

I reached out my hand to calm her but I gave up afterwards. It will not do anything. She really thinks I'm her pet and I left because of the scent of the silver-haired one that was lingering on the couch.

As far as I can remember, there are three of them. Where's the boy with eyeglasses?

"Dr. Jones." The one I've been looking for just appeared right on time. I sighed heavily when he was wearing a cap now, imitating the sidekick of a fictional treasure hunter.

I badly want to hit my head right now. I wish I was dreaming. I'm being surrounded with these kinds of people again. My life in the past few days has been very peaceful and now that I saw them, it instantly turned very chaotic.

I felt a heavy pressure forming somewhere. I forgot the frustrations I had with the trio and focused on the energy I felt. I already felt this before. I instantly positioned myself when I realized when it was. It's coming from the place where the vermillion one and the silverhead were.

"Duck!" I said and threw them my spear that I just summoned.

Just like what I have anticipated, a hole appeared and the worm-like creature from weeks before flew above them

Everyone's attention is bored to the worm.

I looked around.

This is bad. There are a lot of people.

"Evacuate the civilians immediately! Lead them away from this creature's vicinity. Everyone should leave this place," I ran to the men in black and told them.

"What is that?" one of them asked.

"No time to explain. Just keep them away!" I said. "I'll hold it back."

"But you don't have a weapon!"

I stretched out my right arm and ordered my spear to come to me.

"Now I have one." I smirked at them. "Keep them safe."

The worm was facing the crowd, so I need to divert its attention. I ran all the way to its tail. I pierced it to the ground. The creature let out a shrill before summoning another hole. Pieces of stone started to come out of it.

I sliced the large boulders. I managed to dodge a few little ones but some still got past and hit me.

My eyes widened when I saw the silverhead in the air, trying to jump towards the top of its head. It felt like a deja vu.

That's how I ended up in this world!

Before I can even think, my body already moved. I casted my spear to him. The pointless part of the spear hit his stomach, sending him all the way to the wall. Just right in time, a hole appeared and the worm-like creature went inside of it.

I was hoping it would come back but it didn't. Once again, it vanished. I'm trapped in this world until it decides to come back and I don't have any idea when.

"I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to do it," I aplogized as I offered my hand to the silverhead. I smiled when he accepted it. He was holding onto the stomach that I hit a while ago.

I looked away immediately as I couldn't stand to see the view in front of me. I turned my back on him. I calmed myself.

"If I were you, I won't jump like that again if I'm confronting that creature. You wouldn't like to be trapped in another world," I said and walked away from the scene before his comrades and the men-in-black even reached us.