Lesson 11

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 11:
Don't call a lady an idiot... unless she really is!

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

"Ma'am?" one of the hosts asked me while offering a glass of wine.

"That's so nice of you but I apologize, I have to refuse. I can only drink one to two glasses of alcoholic beverages. I wouldn't like to get drunk myself and cause a commotion here," I politely declined his order.

I shook at the view beside me. Kagura has a very wide and creative imagination. She's been saying random things and acting as if she's an adult already. Talking about an "ex" when she never had one and will be pretty impossible for her to have either.

"So this is what a host club looks like," said Shinpachi.

"Oy, it kinda makes me feel jittery," the two men with me are starting to have their conversation.

Apparently, those shorties from before were one of the men of this host club.

"Silvanna-san, what do you think?" I turned to Shinpachi who just called me.

"On what? This place?" I asked and he nodded. "I think it's fine. It's just like a hostess club but for ladies and instead of women, it's these dashing gentlemen who are serving? I should probably ask the council to build a host club in the empire."

"What?" I exclaimed at them while raising one of my eyebrows. They were looking at me suspiciously. I immediately covered my mouth when I realized what I had said! "A-about the em--"

"Why would you like a host club? I really thought you were different from other ladies out there," said Shinpachi.

"What do you mean?"

"You all are into the appearances. Those who lack charisma and appeal like us are always unpopular to you."

I was silent when he said that. Not because that may be true, just a little bit true, but because on the way he thinks.

"Uhm... You look... Geeky?" I said that is worse.

I felt a huge palm hit the back of my head. I turned to Gintoki.

"Hey, what was that for?! Does the word chivalry doesn't ring a bell to you?"

"You're not helping, ane-ue. You shouldn't worry about him. Boys at his age are always like that, they'll get over it once they've become adults. They'll realize that they don't really need a girl in their life," he said.

"Now that you have mentioned it," I said when I remembered something. "Do you have a girlfriend? Because if I can remember it right, a purple--"

"Hey, Shinpachi, why don't you drink? We get free alcohol. I permit you to have Oronamin C but keep it in one bottle." I just got the urge to snap this guy's neck into two when he just suddenly drifted the topic to another one.

What is wrong with him? If he has a girlfriend, I think he should be proud of it! That purple head, she created a large ice statue of him so he must be very special to her. But why did he cut me off when I was about to ask about his relationship status? Maybe I've been too nosy?

Why am I curious, by the way?

"You touched me! This guy just touched me!" my attention went to the old lady.

I found a small cloth on the table. I picked it up and shut my eyes. I plugged the cloth in my ears so that I don't have to witness what's happening.