Lesson 23

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 23:
Love can't make you think straight... avoid it!

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

"Don't ever lay your filthy hands to Yo--Silvia again," Granger said.

When Gintoki embraced me, someone immediately fired at us, forcing Gintoki to get away from me. Then, the three male immediately positioned themselves around me.

Alucard, who brought out his sword, was on my left side. On the other side was Granger who was still pointing his gun at Gintoki. Lastly, Captain Tigreal was in front of me, protecting me with his shield.

I turned to Fanny who shook her head in disappointment at these three. Harith, who was beside her, raised his hand.

"Oh! Oh! What should I do, Captain? Shall I seal the guy who dared to touch our Pri--" Fanny was faster than Harith for she was able to cover his mouth before he can even finish what he said. Fanny whispered to him. "Oh, I'm sorry! Let me repeat it! Let me! Shall I seal the guy who dared to touch Silvia?"

"Harith, you don't have to, and you three, what do you think you are doing?" I raised one of my eyebrows to the three. "Put down your weapons... at once."

"Anyway, Silvia, why did you call us here?" Fanny asked casually.

"Well, uhm... You see, someone I know arranged a Matchmaking Party." When I just mentioned the party, the three male knights started to walk away from the scene. "Hey, where are you going?"

"To watch the empire," the three of them answered.

"Hey, are you diso--" Then I remembered that I needed to keep my status secret. I just shut my mouth and sighed in defeat.

"Where are they going?" Gintoki asked. "Hey, hey, Silvanna! You can't just let them escape."

"You heard them," I said. "They need to watch the empire."

I already knew that this wouldn't work but... I smiled. At least, I've seen them again and they were still overprotective to me.

"How about you, Harith? Aren't you coming with them?" I asked Harith.

"I don't want to go back yet. I still want to explore this world!" I nodded at him.

"I guess they never changed, huh?" I said to Fanny and she nodded in agreement.

---

"Your Highness! I apologize! I didn't bring my cable with me today," said Fanny while holding on to one of the railways.

Something happened to the flying ship we were in that made it tilt.

"Same with me, Your Highness. You've told us that we can't use magic in this world!" said Harith who was grabbing Fanny's feet.

"And I'm sure I told you to not call me Your Highness nor Princess!" I told them while holding Harith's hand.

Kyuubei is on the verge of falling. She was only grasping to a lifesaver. No one has dared to save her. If only Fanny was with her cable, she could have saved her in an instant but she didn't bring it with her today.

I didn't know what to do when Gin came rushing to her. Gin said something to her. I froze when I saw their hands intertwined.

"Gintoki, no!" I shouted when Kyuubei threw him off the ship but she was still able to grab him. Kyuubei has this reaction that every time a man touches her, she'll just throw them away.

I stared at their hands that were locked to each other. I wasn't able to think straight at that time for all I could see was their hands. I was spacing out so that I didn't realize I lost my grip on Harith's hand.

"Your Highness!" I heard the two of them shout as they could only watch me falling.

I closed my eyes and just accepted what would happen to me.

The cold wind was brushing against my skin but suddenly, a warm hand touched my right hand and the next thing I knew, I could feel something warming it.

I opened my eyes and saw Gintoki smiling at me. On that exact moment, I thought I was dead for a second.

"Those three won't show up again, will they?" he asked.

"You're too heavy. I... don't think... I'll be able... to hold... on... any longer," Kyuubei said and her hand slipped away from Gintoki's.

Something's not right.