Lesson 31

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 31:
The best thing about memories is making them

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Gintoki threw his wooden sword at me and I was able to catch it. I also threw the sword I was holding for a while towards him.

I stopped the momentum of the spear that was about to hit me using the sword. I kicked the minions' abdomen.

Katsura and his group also joined us in the battle.

Fanny went beside me.

"How's the empire?" I asked her.

"The Moniyan Warriors are doing great, the Elvens also joined our side. You don't have to worry about the empire. I told you, we will do everything so that when you return, the whole kingdom is ready for your reign."

I was supposed to utter something but something hit my head. I looked at Gintoki.

"What's that for?!" I asked.

"My sword, give me back my sword. If you badly want my sword, I can give you another kind of sword. It's long and huge," he said. I felt all my blood rush to my head as he said that. I hurled his sword back to him, he patted his head as I was able to headshot him.

"Your Highness, your spear!" Fanny pointed to the place where Alice was. Alice took out the spear that was pierced to her. She stood up and darted her eyes to me.

I saw how she hardly breathed.

"Everyone, back away!" I shouted as I saw how she prepared herself to use her ultimate skill so that she can drain mana and life.

When she executed her Blood Ode, I waited for a few seconds before leaping to cage her in my Circle of Light that would restrain her from escaping. I called my spear and as soon as I felt it in my arms, I throbbed it to her to stun her.

I, then, enlarged my spear and used Spiral Strangling against her. Spiral Strangling is my ability to enlarge my spear and stab it into a designated area multiple times. Aside from that, it also gives me a shield that will receive the damage. If I use it inside the Circle of Light, I'll be able to steal the life of my opponent inside it.

It's life stealing against life stealing.

When the duration of my Spiral Strangling stopped, I dashed forward and cut her.

Her ultimate skill vanished and she collapsed on the ground. I pointed my lance on her neck. I saw blood dripping from it.

"Leave this world alone, Alice," I said as if I was spitting venom. "If you want to kill me, do it--if you can--but do not put the people of this world in danger."

"I'll come back and I will rip your head off your body," she said before summoning a door. She crawled her way towards the door.

When I lifted my gaze towards the others, I smiled when they were able to take down every single minion.

---

I finally managed to catch my breath when I was able to point my spear on Gintoki. I saw how his eyes illuminated the sight of steel.

He smirked and swayed his swords to me. I took a step backward and blocked his sword. I was able to disarm him however, it also cost me my weapon. I watched as my Cometic Lance made its way to the ground.

"You know I'll defeat you with brute strength, right?" he said.

I raised my eyebrows and smiled at him to provoke him. "Oh? Try me."

We rushed towards each other.

Someone in the crowd coughed that distracted me. My eyes widened as my feet slipped on the ground. I shut my eyes as I looked forward to the pain of my butt hitting the ground.

But someone catched me.

I opened my eyes and I met his dead fish eyes.

My lips curved a smile on its own but they were replaced with frowns when he suddenly dropped me. I shot a glare at him.

"You should have told me that you don't want to come back yet because you still want to be with someone." We all looked at the person who just arrived.

It was the traveler.

"Are you ready to go back now?" she asked. "Your empire needs you. They're having a war against the slaves of darkness. What will happen to them if their Princess won't be there to show them the light?"

I glanced at Gintoki who was now with Kagura and Shinpachi, together with the Shinsengumi and Katsura. Am I ready to leave now?

"Go back to your world now, idiot," Gintoki said. "At least now, we're here to take you home."

"Sil-chan, you will come back, right?" Kagura asked. "Once the war against the darkness in your world is over, you're always welcome to Yorozuya."

"Moron! Have you forgotten? She's a Princess and that Blood Demon told us that once she's back, she'll be crowned as the queen. She can't just leave her empire for us," Shinpachi said.

"Will it be really okay?" I asked.

"Of course, it will be. What were you thinking?" Gintoki spoke.

"It's just that... I don't know if I'll be able to go back here. I'll forget about you and you'll forget about me. Our memory of each other will be erased."

"You really are an idiot. They're just memories. If you'll forget them, then let's just create new ones. We don't care how many times we have to do it. As long as you keep on returning to us, we don't mind."

I immediately put my hand to my mouth as I cried. Gintoki came closer and embraced me in a hug. The warmth of his body was so comforting that it made me cry more.

"I also don't mind seeing you fall for me over again because I will always catch you."

I looked up to see him. I wanted to see if he was sincere in his words because they're just too far from his character. His eyes were on me but as soon as I saw it, he shifted it towards the other direction.

"Go, now. Your people need you." I nodded at him. "Just always know that something will always connect your world to us, Silvanna."

Hearing him say my name for the first time made me feel butterflies roaming in my stomach. It was cringe and cliché but that's what I felt. But it disappeared immediately as he removed his arms from his grip.

He let go of me.

I turned to them one last time before taking a step back to my world.

"Wait!" he said, which made me halt. "The golden-haired one!"

"Me?" Fanny asked. She was just about to enter through the door.

"Tell Levi, I said 'Hi!'" he said, which made Fanny look at him with confusion. "Aren't you from Attack on Asian?"

(Note: Attack on Asian is a parody of Attack on Titan. Fanny was using cables similar to the 3D Maneuver Gear used by the characters in AOT. Hence, Gintoki assuming she knows Levi.)