Lesson 15

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 15:
Siblings only want the best for their siblings

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

"Shinpachi didn't show up again today," said Kagura.

Days passed by just like a second. The other day, they met Otae, Shinpachi's older sister, and she bid her farewell to them to be with someone named Kyuubei Yagyuu. I wasn't there when they did because I still had a cold back then.

"Geez. I should just fire him," Gintoki said.

"Gin-chan, is it true that anego isn't coming back? She sent a letter saying something about not coming back and bridal lessons."

"Yeah, if you're going to get married off to a family like Yagyuu, you have to learn a lot of things. Eh, well. Although I have no clue on what the hell's going on, if it's a promise, then it's a promise. Besides, now their dojo is saved."

"Gin-chan, my Mommy once said that you would only smile when you first get married. Not many people can keep smiling but if you can, then you've had a good life. But anego... can she really keep smiling?" said Kagura. "I think she's hiding something. She must! It's my intuition."

"Idiot, anyone can tell she's hiding something, you don't need intuition for that. But still, it's clear that it's her own choice. So of course, she would welcome it with a smile and---" Gintoki stopped talking for a while and clicked his tongue. "Dammit. Why'd you let us see you off like that?"

I don't really know what happened and can't relate but it must be something about Shinpachi's older sister getting married. Is someone really going to marry her? Wow. I salute their patience.

"Oi, are you coming?" Gintoki asked me. I reached for my spear in the corner and came after them.

---

I blocked the man's wooden sword with my spear. I grabbed his sword and pulled him closer to me then I kicked him with my right foot on his stomach. Another bunch of men tried to charge me but they all fell on Gintoki's one blow.

"Those were mine!" I said to him. He remembered what I did when we were kidnapped, also that time when they went against that bandaged guy and he said that as "siblings", we should have a contest to know who is stronger.

"You're too slow," he said.

"You!" I charged all the way to him. He started to panic and he immediately ducked. I swung my spear on the opponents behind him.

Another batch of men was rushing towards us.

"I'll throw you in the air," he said.

"What?"

"I said, I'll throw you in the air!"

"Why?"

"So that I can take them down easily."

"Are you saying I'm just a burden?" I said and turned at him to stab him but he managed to dodge it. An opponent pierced himself on the spear.

"Not really."

An idea popped into my mind.

"Fine, throw me," I said and walked a few steps away from me. When I thought I had enough distance, I ran all the way to him and stepped on his hands that were intertwined. I was sent flying in the air. He did manage to take down the first layer of the men but there are still more that are coming.