Lesson 13

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

Lesson 13:
Mothers nag a lot

❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐ ❏ ❐ ❑ ❒ ❏ ❐

"Ma'am, why do we need to go after them?" I asked the old lady.

"I heard that someone gave birth. Those men are idiots and don't know how to handle a woman who just gave birth," she answered.

"But it's a dachshund."

"It's still a mother who just gave birth. Men don't give birth so they don't know the struggles we need to face."

"I haven't given birth, Ma'am."

"You will, anyway."

"Oi oi! What? Another one came out. It's the fourth one!" We halted when we heard voices coming inside of a room.

"Aniki, this one isn't breathing."

"What? Oi, what should we do? Oi..."

"Intruders." I turned my back to face a bunch of goons. "Who are you? Why are you here? Who sent you here?"

My eyes scanned each of them. They have weapons hidden in their pockets. I can't just summon my spear. I searched for something that could be a weapon in the hallway. I bit my lips when I saw none. I guess I gotta fight them with bare hands.

A man brought his sword out and raised it in the air.

"Charge!" he said, his comrades took this as a signal and started to rush towards me with their weapons.

I also made my way to them and when the man in front of me was about to swing his sword, I immediately laid my hands on his shoulders. I changed the position of my body before landing on the shoulders of the one behind him.

The man where I landed crouched down on the impact. I hit his head so that he would fall to the ground totally. When I knocked him down, I took his arnis stick.

I swirled the weapon on my hands and smirked at them.

"Are you challenging the future ruler of the Moniyan Empire? Come to me at once, commoners," I said.

As soon as the last one fell, I looked at the weapon I was holding. I've never held something like this before but I'm glad that it's easy to use. Perhaps, I'll suggest to the Captain to add the practicing of this weapon in the Knights' training. It's like what they say, "the more, the merrier."

"Ma'am?" I called the lady with me earlier. I turned to the other area. "Ma'am?"

When there's no response from her, I immediately entered the room where we heard men talking about the dachshund's puppies.

My eyes widened when there was no one there. I went to every corner of the room but there was none.

What have I done? I was so occupied with fighting that I didn't notice the old lady slipping away. What if those goons do something bad to her? I need to tell Gintoki about this, immediately.

Turns and turns, I've done so many turns before reaching the Yorozuya. I've been living in this city for weeks and yet I still got lost! If only we're in the Moniyan Empire, I'll definitely know every single route.

"Fuck, they're not here." I immediately slapped my mouth when I heard myself cursed. Where will I find them?

I've been running around the town for minutes and I still can't find them. I can feel my body is about to reach its limit already. I stopped for a moment to catch my breath.