- Chapter 11 -

~ Sach mein dhaljaathein hain kisse, Dil se dauhraaneke baad

           Ishq paar hoga yaakeen yaaron, Ishq hojaane ke baad ~

|| Kainaat ||

Oh, God! I cannot believe they left me alone with this freak. I came back to take my bag from the storage camp, and then bumped with this idiot! Moreover, now I'm hungry!

|| Aryan ||

" You know how to cook? " she asked raising her left eyebrow as we reached the cooking area.

" Yes, honey, shocking much? It's one of my hidden talents. " I replied taking out the ingredients.

" Nice! " she said and took a seat.

" So tell me about yourself? " I asked nonchalantly.

" Dude! we are not that close and I'm honestly not interested to share anything about myself with you. " she replied.

" Sunshine! I'm cooking for you, doing a big favor, or else you would've died because of Starvation. " I said washing my hands, and then gently slicing the tender skin of the chicken.

" Fine! Ask ahead. " she said looking sideways.

" So what's your story? " I asked.

" Nothing much! I did my schooling in London and then wanted to study Law, USC sent me an acceptance letter, and ta-da I'm here. " she replied kind of being dramatic.

" Oh cool! " I said.

" What's your story? " she asked suddenly and I gave her a small smile.

" My life is not that exciting, sunshine. " I said chopping some onions.

" First of all stop giving me these nicknames, I'm not your girlfriend. Also, I can ask you as well okay! " Kai replied giving me glares.

" Yeah, I know. It's just there's nothing exciting about me. I'm just a normal guy from India, I did my schooling in London as well and then came to USC to learn Filmmaking. I have my parents, a younger sister, and a younger brother back at home. " I said mixing the spices well with the chicken.

" Oh okay, cool. " Kai replied looking at me.

" Come on now tell me about your family.  " I asked.

" I am from London. I have my parents and two younger sisters back there, as you see I'm studying Criminal Law, and therefore would be meeting different kinds of people and all those stuff. So, I just didn't want my family to be involved in any of those pathetic situations, hence I came here to USC. Moreover, it gave me a sense of independence, and I love living my life on my own terms. " she replied helping me with the utensils.

" Alright. " I replied serving her some rice and chicken curry.

" THANKS!  Finally!! " she expressed having a huge smile on her lips.

" You're welcome. " I replied smiling back at her.

Then we sat on the chairs and started devouring our meals.

" I have to admit you cook quite well. " Kai complimented finishing her meal.

" I know! I've heard it quite a few times. " I replied back with a proud expression.

" Yeah, now shut up don't go overhead of yourself! " she said, slightly chuckling.

" So you're going back home after the finals? " she asked keeping her plate aside.

" Yeah maybe! My course will end and we have our graduation after four months so I'm thinking of going back. " I replied with a sad smile, man I really don't want to go leaving her here.

" By the way have you ever been to India? " I asked.

" Umm, nope. I've heard about it a lot, maybe I can visit it one day. " she replied pouring water for us in the glass.

" You should! It's one hell of a beautiful country. " I replied smiling.

She just smiled back at me.

Just then the weather seemed to have changed in the atmosphere. As the downpour hit the ground somewhat heavily. 

" Baarish! " Kai whispered slightly.

     " Rain! "

" Come on! " she said and held my hand as we made our way towards the free ground.

There we drenched under the heavy pouring rain. Okay, but it was giving me serious KKHH vibes, we just needed some soft music. 

" Umm..dance? " I asked holding her right palm.

" Sure! But no music? " she asked with a cute smile. 

" I mean, I'm sure we can do something about that. " I said and pulled out my portable speaker from the bag.

I chose a song closer to my heart. It felt right for the moment. It felt right with the person.

" Seriously? This one? " Kai asked, an amusing smile playing on her lips.

" Come here. " I said and pulled her closer.

|| Kainaat ||

We started to dance slowly, with the rain droplets drenching us fully. My one hand around his neck and the other upon his shoulder, while he kept both his hands upon my waist. The background music was doing its own magic.

" Why are you making this so difficult for me? " he asked slightly.

" What? " I replied in a confused tone.

" Even if you try to reject my feelings Sunshine, you still have to be with me. " he smiled. It seemed creepy, he looked as if he is in a daze, and he honestly looked delusional.

" What fee..feelings Aryan? " I asked as my voice stuck in my throat, and I felt my heart rising up to my throat.

He then placed his right hand upon my cheek, gently, as if he didn't want to hurt me, but the tight hold on my waist wasn't helping either.

It scared me. Honestly. His hazel eyes held so many different emotions, Obsession, Love, Anger, Need, and lastly Loneliness. He then held my face and lightly caressed my cheek with his thumb, he placed his lips on my forehead. 

I stayed still.

I became too shocked to process whatever was happening.

He then left small kisses upon both my eyelids, then my cheeks, and then on my nose tip.

I became too disgusted, and with all my strength I pushed him away. 

With a fresh set of tears streaming down my face.