14

General POV (1 day before sports festival):

The annual UA sports festival is a mere 24 hours away, and everyone in the hero course is freaking out. "HOLY FUCK! SHOTAAA!"  Yamada screams from across the training field. Aizawa winces at the sound of his loud voice. "what do you want?" He asks bluntly. Yamada sprints up to him, "are you excited?!" He asks cheerfully. "I don't really care, I'm not strong enough to win."  Shota explains. Hizashi's eyes widened, "don't say that! you're totally awesome, and I believe in you!" He frowns, "All I can do is erase people's quirks for a little bit. It doesn't help me in any physical activities." Yamada stared at his friend, "Well you can try your best!, let's go ask Gran Tortilla if we can practice with Kayama and Tensei?" Aizawa grumbled, "sure".  He didn't have an issue with the others, but he preferred to stick with Yamada. Tensei has been trying to get him more involved with the others but Aizawa tends to ignore his attempts.

Yamada's POV:

I'm really nervous, and exited... I'm nervouscited? Aizawa seems unconfident, he's super cool and I believe in him and it hurts my heart to think that he doesn't see that too. Everyone else is super awesome too, Kayama's weird purple gas quirk will definitely come in handy on her part, and Tensei's speed can help him out in race type courses, same with Toshinori, I don't know what his quirk even is but I feel like he has a lot of potential. Me on the other hand I'm not so sure about, I can just yell really loud. It will definitely stun the others pretty bad but I don't think i'll be able to get in the top 20. Everybody else has a lot more powerful quirks. I'm ok with that though, I know I'm not the best but if I try I can get better.

I pull Shota with me to get Tensei and Kayama, so that we can ask Torino if we can "practice" together. I just wanna goof off, those guys are super fun to mess around with. We rarely get any time together lately, because of training. Kayama has been talking about having a party soon, so I'm pretty excited for that. I doubt I can get Zawa to come though. We finally approach Gran Torino and ask him if we can't work together. He accepted surprisingly. "ayy!" we burst out happily. We speed to a secluded area and goof off for the rest of class. Aizawa seems to think we are being stupid and irresponsible but whatever.

AN:

heyy so i'm still trying to figure out how to do the sports festival chapter(s) so might take a while to update but hopefully y'all like the story so far :)