18

General POV:

The first round had ended with Toshinori and Enji in first place, and Kayama and Tensei in 4th place. Everyone who hadn't crossed the finish line or were not in the top 10 were eliminated and sent off to rest or sit in the student balcony to watch the games. The next round of the competition was a Player vs Player battle. The students who scored 10th and 9th place would battle and the winner of that would battle seventh place and the winner of that would battle 6th etc. until 2 players were left.

(time skip because i know y'all don't care about the random peoples battles)

it was now time for Kayama to battle the winner from the previous round, she was scored in 4th place from the last round and this round she had to battle the 6th place winner. The student she was going to fight was named Tsunagu Hakamada, (future best jeanist) His quirk allowed himself to change the properties of fabric from other people's clothing into whatever he can imagine, such as a capture weapon. The 2 were placed in the game boundaries and set to fight. Kayama wasn't that skilled in combat but she knew basic martial arts, gymnastics, and could throw a good punch. "Ready?" she asked confidently with a smirk spread across her face. "of course" Her opponent responded. She started to release her somnambulist fumes. Hakamada sprinted towards her and began to reweave the fabrics of her costumes cape. He didn't want to undress a women, so he started with her clothes that don't cover anything. He pulled the fabric towards him making a band, he then whipped it upwards and towards Kaya. She immediately noticed and began to think of what she should do. The rope neared her and she decider her balance skills would be her best option. She latched onto the fabric and flung herself on top of the material. She began to run towards Hakamada. He was trying to wrap the cord around her feet but she was sprinting too fast for it to grasp her ankles. She got close to the boy and turned behind her to grab a handful of the rope. She then took the cord and used it to tie Hakamada's arms to his waist. She was fast! Too fast for Him to think of a plan or way to attack. Soon he was on the floor immobilized. The crowd burst out cheering for Kayama. She grinned widely and made sure to wave at all the cute boys in the stadium.

"YESSSS!" Yamada screamed with happiness. "WAY TO GOO KAYA!" He continued to cheer his friend on. Kayama looks up at the student stadium and waves at Yamada with a big smile. "YOU'RE THE BESTT!" Aizawa winces at the sound of the human loudspeaker's screams. "she did really good" He says blankly. He sounded unimpressed but he actually was quite intrigued but how swiftly the girl moved. He liked the idea of using a strong fabric as a capture device though. Maybe he could add a simple addition to his hero costume someday. Yamada was almost in tears, out of pure joy. He was so proud of her. It's not everyday you're closest friend gets past 4th place in a world famous sporting event!
Tensei was also incredibly proud of his friend, he knew that the two would have to fight next, and that made his stomach hurt slightly. The thought of accidentally hurting his best friend didn't sit well with him.

After a short recovery break, Kayama and Tensei steppped into the boundaries. Kayama looked at her friend with a smirk. "Let's go big boy!" she said with a grin. Tensei was caught off guard by her comment, but he soon regained his train of thought. He started to activate his quirk and ran towards Kaya, while she started to release her strong purple aroma as she had done last round. She knew that it would be a lot more difficult to mange around Tensei, because of how fast he can move. Tensei pulled his shirt over his mouth and rushed towards her. He figured that if he can run around her fast enough he will be able to push her out of the boundaries by force. He began to dash in circles around the girl. His swift movements caused the somnambulist gas to spread out and thin. Kaya soon began to get dizzy and the airflow was pushing her around in different directions. Maybe she could use this to her advantage somehow. Everyone in the crowd was intrigued by the 2 students battle style. Kayama just and was able to stay up in the air long enough to jump off of Tensei's chest, she pushes away from his chest and plants her right foot almost directly in his face. She pushes off onnce more and goes flying backwards. Tensei notices and slows his running. As she is hurling through the air she looks down and flips backwards. Only if she hadn't done this she would have stayed in the boundaries. She hit the ground and slid right past the game margins. The crowd began cheering loudly. Tensei had won and now he had to go up against Enji. This could not go very well..