Chapter 31

Days passed slowly, Adar kept hoping that Sinaan would call her, but nothing like that happened. She knew that he called his mother daily and talked to her. Adar had thought about calling him , but didnt know his number, neither did she had the guts to ask anyone for it. It would have been very embarrassing. 

One evening, Adar was in the living room with her mother in law when Sinaan called on the landline. His mother talked to him for a few minutes" Adar is also here, talk to her" his mother said handing adar the phone. 

She held it with wide eyes. "Assalamu Alaikum "she greeted softly , feeling her heart beating faster.

"Waslaam! Ammi keeps saying good things about you " he said and then took a pause. Adar eyes went towards his mother, who was heading towards the kitchen."I hope that its all true, and you wont be giving me any reason to be disappointed in future also " he continued and Adar kept quite. She felt her bottom lip trembling, It had almost been a week since he had left.He hadn't even bothered to ask if she was okay, the only thing concerning him was if she a good daughter in law.

"I will be returning tomorrow evening, Allah Hafiz"Sinaan said not paying any attention to her silence. 

Adar felt a tear fall from her eye,she wiped it quickly and then headed towards the kitchen to help her mother in law. She had started doing it only after a few days of her wedding, she didn't like to sit idly .And anywhere there wasn't much for her to do, Maids did most of the work.

Next day, Sinaan's mother stayed busy in the preparation of dinner from the afternoon.Adar had informed her that Sinaan played to return  in the evening. 

"Go and get ready" his mother said to adar, who was standing in the kitchen ,cutting salad. 

Adar looked down at herself, she was wearing normal clothes, there wasn't anything wrong with them. 

"Adar , my child, you are a newly wed.Dress beautifully,wear jewellery, these are the days for all that. Once the baby will come, you won't have time for yourself " his mother said with a smile on her face.

Adar looked down going red,but something prickled her at that moment also. She didn't feel like a newly wed, her husband hadn't given her the attention , which even a most typical man gave to his newly wed wife. 

"go now" his mother said bringing her out of her thoughts. Adar nodded and headed towards their room, She took the shower and wore a beautiful, lightly embellished purple dress. She only tapped a bit of nude lipstick on her lips and she was done after combing her hair.

It had only been a couple of minutes since she came down, when Sinaan entered. He greeted his parents and flicked a gaze at her. There was nothing special, nothing heart stopping in her gaze. Only a passing glance. He went to freshen up, as adar went to set the table for dinner.She had already placed clothes for him on the bed. 

The dinner went in a neutral environment, his father asked about the project he was gone for "It went well " Sinaan said nodding. 

After dinner,Sinaan retired to his room, saying that he was tired. Adar was busy picking up dishes, when his mother told her to go and see if Sinaan needed anything. 

" this .. " Adar said pointing towards the table. 

" Yasmeen will do it, you go!" Sinaan's mother said with a sigh, she really didnt know what to do with her daughter in law. 

Adar went to the room and saw him standing near the window , talking on his phone. 

She stopped and kept watching his back, he was very handsome. She hadn't even realized that Sinaan could see her in the window. 

When he ended the call, and turned towards her,she quickly averted her eyes going red in seconds. 

Sinaan sat on the bed," come here" he said pointing towards the place beside him. Adar sat reluctantly, fiddling with her fingers.

"How are you ?" he asked, Adar looked in his eyes for a few seconds, trying to understand him.

"Okay.." she said softly and looked down on her hands. 

Sinaan took her hands in his making her look at him. " I like this color on you " Sinaan said talking about the deep purple dress she was wearing. 

Adar blushed beetroot red shade. Sinaan pulled her closer, taking her in his arms. 

-----------------------

Chashman tried to find some excuse, but before she knew, it was time to leave for Karachi. They both left after saying goodbye to everyone. She would have preferred if someone else was in car, maybe a driver or a guard. But to her bad luck, Miraan took the driving seat as preferred with Chashman. She had to sit beside him, but she had no plans of talking to him. 

She focused outside, seeing the cars in the back and front, seeing the sceneries passing.Miraan also stayed quiet, but her silence was making his temper rise, he hated it , he hated it more than he had ever thought he would hate anything. 

The night had fallen as they entered the city, Chashman looked outside, taking in all the lights.

"Is this how its going to be ?!!!" Miraan said losing his cool. Chashman looked at him ,the coldness didn't leave her face even for a second. 

"Yes"she said and opened the door as he stopped the car in front of his villa. 

----------------------
Hm bewafaion k dase hue hen
Wafaen ab raaas nhi atin
Hmen munaakfton ki aadat he
Hmen khaloos ab sche nhi lgty.....
_________________

Salaam readers! heres the update ❤️❤️❤️❤️