My cup of tea - C19

She spent the next week with the team during Kenma’s sickness, working towards more equal bonding experiences. She ran with Kuroo each morning, helped Sō with his homework, assisted Yūki with his receives, chaotically encouraged Tamahiko with his serves and setting, hanging out with Taketora, slipping in English work alongside, hanging out with Yaku and Nobuyuki after practice and listening to Shōhei's comedic genius comments. Today was one of those days, as well as that, Akasuki was preparing to meet Yamaguchi for the third time, even though they had been exchanging messages and calls for the last week and so. She glanced at herself in the ladies' changing room, her eyes scanning over her outfit, grey running shorts with a baggy white shirt, did this look alright? She sighed grabbing her bag as she headed out, she guessed there were people she could ask. She glanced at her watch, fuck he’s gonna be here any minute. She picked her speed jogging over to the gym, the boys packing up for lunch,
“hey,” she spoke out catching her breath, “do I look alright?”
The boy's heads lifted to turn to her, their eyes glazing over her body, it didn’t feel uncomfortable anymore, not since building a better relationship with them. Sō was the first to speak up,
“you look amazing!” He jogged over to her with a grin, “it compliments your figure!”
“Thanks?” she chuckled, that was a compliment she thought.
“You’re wearing that on a date?” Yaku asked joining Sō's side, staring questionably at her.
She frowned, she knew it, it’s not good enough, fuck, she should’ve brought other clothes but she panicked.
“Will you guys back off?” Kuroo ordered calling out from the other side of the hall.
“Right,” Taketora called jogging over to Akasuki with a smile, “plus, you agreed on casual, didn’t you?”
That’s true, she nodded, they did. She glanced down nervously at her phone, any second, he’ll be here, the nerves were flowing through her body.
“Hey,” Kuroo spoke, Akasuki lifting her gaze to his abrupt face appearing before her, “you’ll be okay, just be yourself.”
“Don’t be yourself,” Taketora argued playfully, “you’re kinda scary.”
“Scary?” Akasuki blurted.
Was she scary? She never thought she was, or even thought she could be. He rapidly nodded, Sō joining in,
“especially with homework.”
She chuckled, they’re not wrong but they need to get their grades up, she just wants to help them. A phone started to ring, everyone staring at Akasuki, it wasn’t hers, she shrugged shaking her head. Kuroo rummaged in his pockets pulling out his phone,
“it’s Kenma.”
Kenma, she hopes he’s doing better, Kuroo caught her concerned gaze, Akasuki glancing away with pink cheeks, she hadn’t actually spoken to him recently. She did slip to Yūki that she got the game he and Kenma had been playing which ended with Yūki profusely requesting her to join them, which she did briefly before she got too overwhelmed by Kenma’s constant advice for passing certain quests.
“Hey pudding,” Kuroo answered with a smirk, “whatever, what do you want?”
Akasuki glanced at her phone, a message popping up from Yamaguchi,
“almost there, can’t wait to see you x :)”
He’s so sweet, she smiled to herself, this was going to be fun.
“Yeah, we’re coming over, but you better not be super sick, okay?” Kuroo ordered, “everyone?” his eyes glanced over to her.
What? Why did he say her name? She looked up at him, her phone beginning to ring her hands, Yamaguchi, she held it up to them.
“Akasuki’s busy.”
She lifted the phone to her ear,
“hey.”
“Hey, I’m outside,” He spoke quietly, “should I come in?”
“No,” she blurted, “don’t come in, I’m now coming.”
“He’s here?” Taketora exclaimed loudly, “our girls going on her first date!”
Jesus, she didn’t realise how loud he could be, she stuck her finger out to him listening to Yamaguchi,
“I feel like I need to meet them,” he chuckled quietly, “it's kinda scary.”
Awe, she doesn’t blame him, they were kinda terrifying,
“you wanna meet them?”
“Meet them?” Yaku questioned, grinning at the others crossing his arms, “we should meet him again.”
“Yeah, kinda, it feels like an acceptance thing,” he chuckled.
Should she let them meet them? She glanced at the boys, Kuroo furrowing his brows,
“What? No, dude, we’re,” he suddenly brought the phone down staring at his phone, “he hung up on me.”
Kenma hung up? Is he okay?
“Let us meet him!” Sō begged.
“Fine, whatever, only three of you,” Akasuki claimed.
“So unfair!” Yaku whined.
Unfair? She didn’t want to scare him away.
“I don’t mind, meeting them all,” Yamaguchi insisted.
Huh?
“Are you sure?” Akasuki whispered.
“Yeah, just,” he laughed under his breath, “you gotta protect me yeah?”
“Duh,” Akasuki chuckled, glancing to the boys, “you can all come.”
Sō, Taketora and Yaku started to slap one another grinning.
“I’ll be just a second,” Akasuki insisted hanging up shoving her phone into her bag turning to the three, “behave and be nice, okay? Or this is the last time.”
They all nodded immediately calming themselves,
“come on then,” Akasuki moved aside from the door the boys racing out like children.
She glanced at Kuroo furrowing his brows as he typed furiously.
“Is everything okay?” Akasuki asked.
Kuroo lifted his head briefly,
“yeah, he just hung up on me,” he shoved his phone in his pocket, smirking at her hiding his annoyed expression, “let’s go meet this boy of yours.”
Is he sure everything’s okay? He noticed her concerned glance, draping his arm around her leading her out of the door,
“don’t worry about it, he’s just being Kenma.”
That worried her more, how can Kenma be more, Kenma exactly? She noticed the boys ahead by the gate crowding around. Right now, she shouldn't be thinking about him, it was Yamaguchi’s day. She loosened her brows, it’ll be good, she’ll make it be good. They arrived at the group, Kuroo splitting the crowd up, Yamaguchi stood in the middle nervously laughing. What did they say? She glanced over him, he was wearing black jeans with a simple white tee and a black bomber jacket, cute.
“Hey,” Akasuki spoke softly.
“Hey,” Yamaguchi smiled, his cheeks growing red, “you look pretty.”
She slid out from under Kuroo’s arm,
“thank you, you look good yourself.”
Yaku started to pretend to gag, Akasuki glaring at him,
“alright, that’s enough,” she started to usher them away.
Kuroo kept his place furrowing his brows at Yamaguchi,
“hey, Tadashi,” Kuroo, what is he doing, Yamaguchi met his gaze straightening up, “what are your plans?”
Seriously Kuroo? Is he her father or something? She glanced at Yamaguchi,
“don’t bother with him,” Akasuki insisted joining his side.
Yamaguchi glanced at her before furrowing his brows, turning to Kuroo,
“I was thinking about going to a café, talk about ourselves, our dreams, ambitions, what our favourite thing to do is,” wow, she was shocked by his words, she didn’t think he thought his much into it, “but really,” he glanced at her, “whatever she wants to do, as long as she’s happy, I’ll be happy.”
Holy shit, how are his words so adorable? Yet, a tiny issue started to resolve in her mind. Kuroo grinned with a nod,
“alright, that’s good,” he slapped Yamaguchi’s back, squeezing Akasuki’s shoulder, “have fun, get her home before dark.”
Why was Kuroo the most intimidating one out of the lot? Yamaguchi nodded as Kuroo playfully pushed them away from the gates, the pair wandering forward, she glanced back at the boys, why isn’t she feeling something when he says those things? The boys waved, their faces becoming distant as the pair continued their journey, Akasuki glancing back to the boy before her, why isn’t she feeling something?
“They seem cool,” Yamaguchi remarked quietly glancing at her with a smile.
“They are,” Akasuki insisted.
Too cool for her at least. He glanced at the crowd rubbing his palms together as he walked,
“which one was Kenma?”
Kenma, again, she felt burning in her head as his golden eyes appeared,
“he’s still sick.”
He nodded lifting his gaze to meet hers,
“that sucks.”
It really did, she furrowed her brows,
“enough about him,” she lightly bumped into his side with a smile, “how’s your serve coming along?”
He glanced at her with a chuckle,
“it’s getting somewhere,” he softly bumped into her, “thanks to your advice.” 
She shrugged,
“it’s the least I can do for you.”