Lost number - Chap 31

Akasuki slung her bag over her shoulder, glancing around as she stepped off the bus, where was the office again? Normally her mother would drop her off but instead, she's taken the boys out for the evening leaving Akasuki to fend for herself. She pulled out her phone glancing at the address her father had sent her, okay so, she glanced up reading the dimly lit street signs, it's this street for sure, but where was the exact office? She dropped her phone into her bag making her way down the street looking up at the tall office buildings lining the road. God, why was this so confusing? Oh, she caught the office name in the corner of her eye, found it. She grinned heading to the door, pushing it open, now just gotta drop it off. She stepped inside, artificial light bathing her in warmth, adjusting her sight accordingly while blinking. Wow, she gazed around at the simple but modern interior of the room. A couple of sofas, and a reception desk where a young woman sat. The quicker she got this over with, the quicker she could return to hers before Kenma turned up.

"Good evening," Akasuki spoke out moving towards the desk, the woman looking up with a smile, "I'm here to drop off some papers for Mr Au."

The woman nodded briefly tapping away at her computer before speaking,

"Benjiro Au?"

That's him, Akasuki nodded. The woman proceeded to tap her keyboard a couple of times before muttering to herself,

"I've always hated technology; it never works for me."

Ah fuck, Akasuki chuckled, she's gonna have to give some small talk,

"they bring as much help as they do pain," what the fuck?

The woman scoffed,

"you're right about that," lifting herself up from the seat, "I'll be back in a moment," entering a door behind her.

Seriously Akasuki? She got lucky with that, if it was anyone else, they would've thought she was some sort of idiot, fuck. She leaned against the desk lowering her head, hopefully this doesn't take long.

"Miss Au?" a voice spoke out, hm?

She glanced up to see a younger boy around her age, flat black hair curled at the ends, a stern gaze staring at her,

"Miss?"

Oh fuck. She nodded straightening up,

"sorry."

He chuckled tightly taking a seat in the chair,

"it's quite alright," he glanced up at her, "the papers?"

Oh right. She pulled the papers from her bag handing them over, he took them with a smile,

"thanks," turning back to the screen tapping away.

Wow, she didn't realise they hired young workers considering the amount of confidentiality required in this business. Her father always rejected her cv for the fact he wanted her to get further experience in management and business, before he would actually accept a trial run from her. It blew her mind that much she practically blanked him for two whole days. Of course, until her mother managed to persuade her to apologise for the unnecessary chaos.

"Miss?" the boy repeated, lifting his eyes to meet hers, Akasuki dragged from her thoughts, ah, "if you just sign these for me," he pushed over an unfilled document.

What? She briefly read through the document, something about the confirmation of release, was she allowed to fill this in? It's concerning her dad, not really her so, she glanced up at the boy,

"do you mind if I just read through it all?"

He nodded,

"take your time, we're closing soon, it doesn't look like anyone else is coming in."