Chap 36 - Chaos

Akasuki sighed heavily lifted her phone from the bench, continuous waves of disappointment overcoming her, where were they?
“Au stay on the ball!”
Akasuki lifted her eyes to see Tatsuo hastily sprinting across the field flying past opponents, red-faced, puff cheeked, is he serious? Her eyes flee over to the coach, his arms crossed with his gaze fixed on the field, how can he be yelling at Tatsuo when half of the team aren’t even moving? Screw this, she was already in a bad mood and she was not letting this one slide, she climbed to her feet stomping over to the coach, staring fiercely into the side of his face.
“If you want to say something, say it,” he ordered.
Say something? Fine,
“shouldn’t you be instructing four and seven more?”
“Four and seven,” he scoffed shaking his head, “those kids have no sense of play.”
No sense of play,
“and that gives you the right to wear two out until he passes out.”
“It’s my team,” he hissed, his head snapping to her, right his team, she scowled at him as his eyes widened in surprise, “Akasuki, sorry, I,” his face flushed punk as he lowered his gaze, “I didn’t realise it was you.”
That shouldn’t even be an excuse. She scoffed loosely turning to face the field,
“we’re like ten minutes in, why are you working him so hard?”
“He’s the only one that works hard,” he shrugged, “might as well use him.”
She can’t, even if she keeps speaking to this guy, she’s gonna grow in temper. Her phone started to ring suddenly, about time, she answered it with a hasty annoyance,
“where are you?”
“Excuse me?” they answered in a mocking tone.
Huh? Akasuki glanced at the screen, fuck sake,
“sorry,” she sighed taking a deep breath, “what’s up Kuroo?”
“What’s up with you?” Kuroo questioned.
What’s up with her?
“Ah, just, Tatsuo has a practice match but mum and dad aren't here so, I have no clue what’s going on, and,”
“Everything’s getting on your nerves?” Kuroo asked.
She hummed, that was a way to put it.
“Cool, well, I’ll talk to you soon,” Kuroo spoke suddenly hanging up.
What? She scoffed in disbelief, is he joking? She’s was now border lining pissed, there was only one thing she wanted to hear. She dialled a number bringing the phone to her ear.
“Hey,” a tender and reassuring voice spoke hitting her ears. 
“Kenma,” Akasuki breathed out softly, the tension melting away. 
The instant cure for stress relief.
“Are you okay?” he asked quietly.
She lowered her voice returning to her table beside Reiji,
“I’m overreacting, and I just, really want to see you.”
Kenma cleared his throat lowering his voice,
“me too, where are you?”
“I’ll send you my location,” Akasuki insisted, “Kenma, I snapped at Kuroo then he just hung up on me,”
“Don’t worry about it,” Kenma claimed quietly, “I’ll be there soon, be safe okay?”
“You too,” Akasuki spoke softly hanging up, sliding her phone into her pocket.
With Kenma here, it would bring a guaranteed calming atmosphere for Akasuki. That’s what she hoped at least. She slumped on the bench glancing at Reiji sat on his phone,
“you know,” she leaned over to him with a smile, “I know it’s not your thing but, your brother could really use your support.”
Reiji glanced up at her with a snobbish pout,
“why can’t he just deal with yours?”
She knew her support didn’t mean as much to Tatsuo than Reiji’s did, no matter she did, those two will always be closer to one another than to her. She can live with that, as along as she could see the pair of them flourish amongst each other.
“It was just an observation,” Akasuki claimed keeping a soft tone.
Reiji glanced over to the field,
“I'll talk to him at half time.”
“Thank you,” Akasuki reached over to squeeze his shoulder, leaning back.
Now all she had to do is wait for Kenma. Akasuki watched closely as Tatsuo played, while making snarky comments about the ref occasionally until half time eventually came.
“You know, if you have a problem with the ref, go tell him,” Reiji remarked sliding off the bench to meet Tatsuo coming towards them.
“I don’t have a problem,” Akasuki called, “I shouldn’t have to tell him, he should just know!”
“What’s going on?” a voice question from behind her causing her to snap her head towards them.
“Kuroo?” Akasuki blurted, her eyes landing on him, quickly moving to the others behind him, Yaku, Tora and, and Kenma.
Kenma? Wait, she cleared her throat, why are they here? Her words cut off by the squeals of children.
“Kuroo!” Tatsuo and Reiji yelled throwing their arms around his waist, Kuroo grinned as he ruffled their hair.
“Hey boys!” Kuroo exclaimed, “how’s the game?”
Reiji pulled back to point at Akasuki,
“she keeps bad mouthing the ref,” bad mouthing? He moved to gesture to Tatsuo, “and he keeps getting bullied by the coach.”
“Bad mouthing?” Kuroo tutted smirking at Akasuki, right like he’s not done that before, “Tatsuo,” Kuroo gestured forward, “introduce me to your coach.”
Tatsuo nodded walking ahead, Kuroo reaching over to squeeze Akasuki’s shoulder before following Tatsuo, maybe he’s not that pissed at her.
“And I’d love to get a piece of this ref,” Tora grumbled following Kuroo.
Oh god,
“please behave,” Akasuki pleaded, they’re still kids but god, they could go off if they felt like it.
Akasuki turned to Yaku and Kenma, hastily glancing between the pair.
“Just, say hello quickly, I’ll cover you,” Yaku muttered.
Thanks, Yaku. Akasuki stepped to Kenma with a smile and quiet voice,
“hey.”
“Hey,” Kenma spoke brushing a strand of hair behind her ear, softly pulling her in to place a gentle kiss against her lips, “they followed me, I couldn’t think of an excuse. I just said I was getting ice cream and, they just happened to see you.”
Akasuki chuckled, it’s good enough for her,
“you’re here so that’s more than I could ask for,” she noticed the freeness of his hands, “and not on your phone?”
Is this even Kenma?
“Ever since you called him, he’s been desperately eyes forward looking for you,” Yaku explained crossing his arms without looking at the pair.
That’s, so cute. Akasuki grinned whispering,
“wow,” pulling away to sit at the bench beside Reiji, “and I thought I couldn’t like you more each day, but I was wrong.”
Kenma took a seat beside Reiji with a soft hum,
“same goes to you.”
Yaku clambered into the table putting his feet on either side of Reiji,
“gross,” scoffing, “speaking of gross, we should enjoy this match as we much as we can,” pointing towards the pitch, Akasuki glanced over to see Kuroo confidently antagonising the coach, “let’s sit back and enjoy.”
Oh god, she shook her head in disbelief, this is going to be interesting. Akasuki reached behind Reiji to poke Kenma in the back throwing him a smile, Kenma bringing his hand behind Reiji to loop their fingers, she’ll enjoy this as much as she can.