Chap 70 - The final straw

Akasuki burst through the door, sobs slipping from her lips as she dropped immediately to the ground, why did she spend so much time trying to be strong? She slammed her fists against the floor, resting her head against the cold floorboards. Who was it really helping? The distant vibration of her phone caused her sobs to subside momentarily, who was it? She pulled her phone out, dad? She answered clearing her phone,
"hi."
"Hey honey, just calling to let you know your mothers working late, the kids are at sleepovers and," he paused the phone falling silent.
What?
"Dad?" Akasuki spoke confused at the sudden silence.
"What's wrong?" He suddenly asked.
What?
"Nothi,"
"Don't lie to me Akasuki," he sighed, "since being away from you so much, I've had to learn the difference in your voice and right now, you're sad," he explained.
Why was he always right? She tried to hold back her tears letting out a small cry,
"dad, what's wrong with me?"
"Where are you?" He asked.
"H, home," she whispered through a cry.
"Okay, stay there, I'll be there," he claimed.
Be there? Be here?
"Dad I," she tried to speak but she couldn't form the words.
"Honey, stay there and focus on breathing," he suggested.
She nodded even though she knew he couldn't see her, taking deep breaths, tears sliding down her cheeks. Half an hour went by until the door creaked open, Akasuki lifting her head from her new position sat upon the last step of the stairs.
"Akasuki," Her father spoke closing the door behind him, moving to crouch before her, "do you want to talk about it?"
Yes. So badly. She so badly wanted to tell him everything but she wasn't sure where to begin.
"He's back," Akasuki whispered dropping her head against his chest.
He didn't have to ask who, he already knew. He wrapped his arms around her, rubbing her back,
"keep talking to me."
The last part of her strength snapped as her lips began to move without her mind,
"he threatened to hurt the team, I did whatever I could so he wouldn't. But now, now they hate me. I," her eyes widened as she lifted her head, lips quivering staring into his eyes, "I lost Kenma. He, he hates me, I hate me," she took a breath of air as she began to ramble madly, "it should've been me who instead of Damien, me who,"
He covered her mouth abruptly shaking his head,
"I don’t ever want to hear those words come from your mouth," his brows were furrowed, his teeth gritted, "promise me that you won't finish that sentence."
She stared at him, watching the colour slowly leave his face. She couldn't apology for thinking those things because that's what she truly felt she deserved.
"Akasuki," he removed his hand moving to sit beside her his arm over her shoulders, "tell me everything, slowly and in full detail."
Everything? As if he could hear her thoughts, he nodded,
"from the beginning."
So, she did. She told him everything, every small detail. Meeting the boys, falling for Kenma, getting with Yamaguchi, leaving him, getting with Kenma, leaving him, meeting Damien again, every single detail possible. All he did was listen to her. It was weird to her, Akasuki felt that if the boys had pushed her a tiny bit further, they would've been the ones listening right now, not her dad. But they didn't. Why was she too scared to tell them?