Is this him? - Chap 43

Akasuki lifted her phone to her ear dialling Kuroo's number.
"Where are you?" Kuroo questioned immediately.
God, he sounds like her dad.
"Hey, I went out with my dad, I'm now on my way," Akasuki replied glancing at her father.
"Your dad? Well, that's cool," Kuroo claimed.
He sounds sarcastic but whatever, it is cool,
"yeah, he just got home so,"
"So, can I put a voice to the face," Kuroo teased, "tell me when you're here and I'll come out."
"No, don't worry about it," Akasuki insisted.
She couldn't bear to think of the endless list of the possibilities of the many outcomes if the team met her father, she shuddered at the thought.
"I think, we're now pulling in," her father exclaimed loudly catching Akasuki's gaze with his sneaky eyes.
"Pulling in?" Kuroo echoed, "I'm on my way!" abruptly hanging up.  
Well, this is going to be interesting, she just has to keep it short. As her dad pulled up onto the curb, she noticed the whole team being led by Kuroo jogging towards them. Akasuki let out a hearty laugh,
"are they serious?"
Her father unclipped his seat belt,
"I've always thought about the day when I would have to lecture your boyfriend but now," he let out a laugh, "I guess I have to lecture them all."
Akasuki shook her head unclipping her belt and sliding out of the door,
"they're good people dad, I can promise that."
He nodded slowly, reluctantly accepting her words as he climbed out heading to the boot. Akasuki noticed Lev break away from the group sprinting towards the car with a large grin,
"Mr Au!"
Her father glanced up lifting the bags in his hands,
"Lev?"
Lev reached him almost skidding into the car, happy eyes and a wide smile,
"I bet you've forgotten all about me!"
"How could I?" Her father chuckled, "I didn't think you were on the team," he glanced at Akasuki who shrugged it off, "but nonetheless, it's good to see you."
Lev nodded rapidly in agreement taking the bags from him,
"I'll take these."
"Thanks," her father replied watching Lev struggle with the bags making his way onto the path where Yaku snatched away one of the bags jabbing Lev in the stomach.
What a sight. Akasuki glanced up to see Kuroo closing in, lifting his hand to wave at her, his sight moving towards her father,
"Mr Au, it's good to finally meet you."
Her father joined Akasuki's side with a taut expression,
"I believe I recognise that voice, Kuroo, if I remember correctly," Kuroo nodded.
"Right, dad, this is the team," Akasuki exclaimed slowly introducing each player at a team.
The act of introductions will never become tiresome with these boys. Whilst her father was in conversation with them, Lev nudged Akasuki in the ribs gesturing for her to come to the side, Akasuki grudgingly joined him,
"was there a need to elbow me?"
"Yes," Lev exclaimed quietly furrowing his brows, "Kenma's been off all morning," he's been off? "can you just, work your magic again?"
Work her magic? She nodded; she can certainly try. She glanced over to Kenma; his eyes set on the ground. Maybe something was up. Kuroo suddenly excused the team ushering them away,
"Suki, take your time."
She nodded as her father leaned down muttering into her ear,
"so, which one is Kenma again?"
Right, Akasuki cleared her throat,
"Hey Yaku?” Yaku glanced back at her as rapidly gestured to Kenma.
He rolled his eyes, grabbing Kenma’s shoulders halting him completely. The pair stepped away from the group, joining them.
“Thank you,” Akasuki beamed at Yaku who continued to roll his eyes.
“Whatever, hurry up, I need to go and annoy Lev,” need? Annoy Lev?
She chuckled, maybe she predicted something right. Reluctantly Kenma stepped before Akasuki and her father. Just breath, and it'll be okay.
"So," her father spoke crossing his arms as he looked down at Kenma, "you're the boyfriend?"
Wow, wow, she did not expect him to say it like that. She turned to her father with a soft scowl trying to deter his interest.
"I am," Kenma spoke expectedly.
Whoa, Akasuki's eyes snapped to Kenma's gaze that was focused solely on her father's, they hadn't talked about parents yet, but he comes out with it straight to her father's face? That’s, cute.
"Good," he breathed out with a smile, "what are you interested in? Career wise, that is."
Career wise? This piqued her interest as Akasuki didn't know the answer to this herself.
"Possibly the business side of technology, or game production," Kenma spoke slowly.
Wow, she tilted her head gazing at Kenma. Yeah, no, she could see that for him. It suited him.
"Wow," he glanced at Akasuki with a smirk, "when do you finish high school?"
"Next year," Kenma answered glancing to Akasuki, a hint of confusion in his eyes.
What is her dad doing?
"You know," he rummaged in his pockets pulling out a card, is that a business card? Holy shit, he held it out to Kenma, "feel free to call me, we can set up an internship,"
"Dad," Akasuki groaned, "it's rude to assume he'll want something to do with your business, while also knowing nothing about it."
"Well," Kenma took the card slowly glancing at both sides, "I'll think about it."
"See," her father grinned, "I'll let you kids get back to training," he squeezed Akasuki's shoulder, "have fun honey, oh and," he turned to Kenma, "I'd like to invite you over for our family gathering."
A, family gathering? Kenma and Akasuki exchanged a glance, it'd be nice if he did. Akasuki nodded softly with a reassuring smile. Kenma cleared his throat,
"thank you, sir."
Sir? Her dad chuckled with a brief nod at the pair before climbing back into the car driving off with a wave, leaving Kenma and Akasuki alone together. She turned to him, now it's time to find out what's wrong,
"you okay?"
Kenma shrugged casually reaching out to play with her fingers,
"I missed you."
She played with his fingers catching his eye,
"I missed you too," she intertwined their fingers, "we're together now so," she started to lead him before stopping, she actually had no clue where to go, she turned to Kenma, "I don't know where I'm going."
Kenma chuckled squeezing her hand,
"I do," leading her in the right direction.
Let's hope these next couple of days go well enough that the team leaves happy and satisfied. Maybe now wasn't the time to confront Kenma about the boyfriend and girlfriend thing.