The finishing line - C23

It's been about a week since Akasuki had gone on her date with Yamaguchi, since then the pair have been meeting each lunch time despite the travel distance. However, at the beginning of the week Kenma had returned back staying most days, luckily for her he only attended lunches which she wasn't there during and today, was one of those days.

"Do you really have to go?" Yamaguchi whined as the pair reached the gates, their hands intertwined.

"Yes," she whined back, turning to face him, "you'll survive."

Their relationship had been going well, things were working. He reached up to cup her cheeks,

"I don't think I will," he suddenly grabbed his chest, "I, need a doctor!" He glanced at her playfully, "only if I had the best doctor around, I could be saved!"

They weren't a thing, but they weren't not something. What they were though, was good.

"Saved my ass," Akasuki scoffed, still giving in to his cuteness pulling him into her, Yamaguchi burrowing his head into her neck, "you're such a dork."

He lifted his head looking down at her,

"coming from you who literally spent ten minutes figuring out whether my eyes were green or brown."

Akasuki scoffed,

"I couldn't tell!"

"Maybe you need a closer look," Yamaguchi whispered leaning in closer to her face, his eyes staring into hers.

A closer look, she gazed into his eyes becoming lost in the lightened sky scape in his eyes, they're so pretty. But she's seen prettier.

"Akasuki," he whispered, his hands brushing over her neck into her hair, closing his eyes, Tadashi why, she lifted her chin closing her eyes as he closed the gap between them, his lips brushing softly against hers, it's happening, their lips moving against one another slowly, it's actually happening.

Something wasn't right, where was the spark? Where was the overwhelming rush for more? Where's the sudden craving for him?

"What the fuck?" a voice exclaimed.

Akasuki's eyes widened pulling away from Yamaguchi, his eyes also wide as he staggered back, the pair turning to see Taketora, Yūki and Sō watching them. Fuck, this is the worst thing that could've happened. Sō lunged forward throwing his arm around Yamaguchi shaking him,

"my man!"

Taketora held his hand out to Yamaguchi who nervously glanced at Akasuki, she had no clue what was happening, impatience kicked in Taketora grabbing his hand slapping it against his own, a high five, how cool. She couldn't help but frown, she had been thinking about that kiss since their last date, worrying constantly about it. Wasn't there supposed to be more to it?

"I'm proud of you!" Taketora grinned at Akasuki holding his hand out.

No, this was enough, she ducked under this arm pulling Sō's arm off Yamaguchi,

"the gym, now."

"What?" Sō frowned, the joy flushing from his face.

"I said, the gym, now," Akasuki repeated dropping his arm to his side.

This wasn't funny to her anymore, the concern had been building up inside for days, a sandcastle built from her small wishes for their relationship, but that kiss, that kiss started a revolution in her mind, why couldn't she just feel something? She felt something the first time they hugged, but ever since, it hasn't been like that. She was hoping at the first time they kissed, she'd feel it again, even if it was a tiny spark. But there wasn't. He, h, the last one she kissed, ruined it, no, she ruined it.