Chap 62 - Old friends

After lunch, Akasuki had managed to slide away from the others making her own way to class, sticking to busy halls to avoid being caught. Why was this so exhausting? It never used to be this draining. She went to turn into her class bumping directly into a figure.
"Suki," a familiar voice remarked cheerily.
Ah fuck, she lifted her eyes from the floor to meet Lev's. Something's fishy. She never runs into him at this time. And Tora and So, they have no need to come to her floor, why were they there? And Yūki, he actively found her in the cafeteria. It's, strange.
"Hey," Lev spoke smiling softly, "you missed lunch with the team," the team, "it was really fun and it got me thinking about,"
"Lev," Akasuki interrupted regrettably, glancing around, she couldn't see anyone but she knew Damien had a way of finding everything out, she forced a tight smile gesturing to her class, "class," was the only word she was able to get out, sliding past him.
Her movement was halved as Lev grabbed her wrist, her body bouncing back. For being tall and slim, his strength was remarkable. Her eyes lifted to meet his, his fingers clasping her sore wrist, come to think of it, it slightly terrified her.
"we're best friends, don't ignore me," Lev begged with wide puppy eyes.
She could feel his razor eyes glaring into the back of her head. She wasn’t going to lie, she panicked and needed to cut the conversation off quickly. Lev had a weird ability to make her listen to everything single thing he said, his voice, his words, without knowing she would be clinging to each and every word he spoke. She gritted her teeth as she slipped her wrist from his, taking her place at the desk, that's best friends for her. Stupidly addictive. Fuck.