Lost pathways - Chap 61

The lunch bell rang, Akasuki mindlessly debating on what to do. Did she hang out with the team and put them in the way of danger? Or did she stay here and hope they didn't notice a change? Her brows furrowed helplessly as a realisation hit her, it wouldn't change their lives if she left. All they would do is, return to normal. She was an ant to their environment. She wasn't necessary for their success. Maybe. Maybe it would benefit them, if she cut all ties.
"Guess who's here?" a squeal chimed.
Huh? Akasuki focused her gaze on the person speaking. She had to be kidding.
"It's me," Rei grinned, and she wasn't alone. 
Behind her stood her little gang of friends. Who so happened to be Damien's friends too, what a coincidence.
"So, lunch, you ready?" Rei asked, her face friendlier than ever.
Just looking at her made her sick to the stomach. Damien must have put her up to it. Speaking of him, is he not around?
"Oh, right," Rei spoke suddenly catching her wandering gaze, "he's popped out for lunch, said he'll catch you at the end."
Right. She lifted herself from her seat, Rei immediately linking arms with her. She did not miss this from the past. They stepped out of the doors, bumping into two recognisable boys.
"Hey Suki!" Sō beamed.
"Fancy seeing you here!" Tora added his face flushing pink.
Seriously? She can't let this conversation go on for long.
"It is my class," she frowned glancing at Rei who eyes were preying on Tora.
Right, she almost forgot Tora was there during the argument.
"Exactly, so you coming for lunch?" So wondered, his face smiling bright.
Stop smiling. Please. Stop smiling. Rei met Akasuki's gaze expectantly waiting for an answer.
"I have plans," Akasuki spoke through gritted teeth, "some other time?"
"You can have all my time," So winked, Tora glaring at him butting in, "Kuroo needs to speak to the whole team so it's a good idea if,"
"I have plans," Akasuki spoke again.
She hated it. She felt guilty for wanting So to flatter her, both knowing it was nothing but platonic friendship, but he was there. He always saw her. And Tora, shit, when he stumbles over simple questions, spending the whole time confessing his admiration for the females of this word. He made her feel comfortable.
Tora shared a glance with So whose eyes were fixed on Akasuki holding his shoulders up and body straight, 
"oh, well, I,"
"Ta ta," Rei sung turning Akasuki away from them.
A tiny part of her thanked Rei for the quick cut off, it was better for them. Akasuki knew deep down, they shouldn't have anything to do with her. It wasn't just that. The problem was, Rei continued to blabber on as she led the pack through the halls, when outside the circle everything was clearer to Akasuki. The pack settled at a table within the cafeteria, each member mingling together. Akasuki stared at Rei watching her speak freely with the girl beside her, they genuinely got off on destroying others in any way possible. It was,
"Suki," a soft voice interrupted her thoughts.
Rei's eyes lifting to the voice coming from behind Akasuki. Shit. Akasuki turned to look at them,
"Yūki," why, why would he even think about coming over to her?
He, no, as she stared into his face, she felt her interior shield crumble. She had developed a weak spot for him he resembled her brothers too much for her to deny him anything,
"what's up?"
Yūki lowered his head as he spoke, his voice gentle as always,
"I, we, just," he lifted his eyes to meet hers, "you're not answering your messages."
Messages? She wasn't getting, wait, realisation hit her as she shoved her hands into her pockets, finding no phone. Fucking Damien. She sighed softly,
"I lost my phone," Yūki nodded shortly, why would he come to her just because she wasn't answering her messages, "why? Has something happened?"
"uh," his concerned face turned into a strong smile, "don't forget the homework."
The homework? Right, okay she remembered, 
"of course not, but eh," she glanced around, "shouldn't you be at practice?"
"Shouldn't you be at practice?" Yūki playfully remarked.
Now wasn't the time for that.
"She's with us," Rei spoke up leaning onto the table with a cheeky smile.
He slowly nodded stepping back,
"I'll let the others know."
Before she could say anything else, he was gone. She guessed it was better than him being around these lot any longer. He's practically holding a neon sign saying 'please take advantage of my innocence'. She's not letting anyone do that, especially not Rei or Damien.
"He's kinda cute," Rei remarked drawing Akasuki's attention over, her eyes gleaming with intrigue.
Akasuki bit her tongue as she forced a smile and a laugh,
"I guess," was Rei acting as Damien's spy?
If so, it meant Akasuki had to be even more careful. Her gaze glanced to the nearby windows catching a glimpse of Yūki heading towards the storage room, what is he doing? Two figures stepped out meeting Yūki's strides, who is that, she squinted as she tried to focus, whoa wait, Yaku and Kuroo? The pair engaged briefly with Yūki before dismissing him, Yūki wandering away hastily. What is going on? She watched as Yaku began to jab his finger into Kuroo's chest, her eyes widening, it's not rare to see Yaku become annoyed but he actually looked pissed. She wondered why he was like this. Hopefully it was nothing important. She turned her gaze back to the table, the chatter already back after Yūki's dismissal. All she had to do was survive this lunch.