Chap 46 - Behind locked doors

Akasuki looped her fingers into Kenma’s as they sat beside each other staring up at the low moon. Times like this, Akasuki wished she could keep a screen shot of. Kenma let out a small yawn, fidgeting in his place. He’s probably tired from today. She smiled, yet he still chooses her over sleep. She squeezed his hand softly,
“you should go get some rest.”
His eyes shot to her, wide and fearful,
“no, I want to stay,”
“Kenma,” Akasuki spoke bringing his hand to her lips, he needs to rest, “I’m not going to disappear if you leave me for a second.”
His eyes lowered sadly,
“It’s not that,” he glanced up to the moon once more, “I want to spend more time with you before we go back, and then we’re always,” Akasuki let him speak, watching him closely, “under the eyes of the others and, and with the tournament, and tests,” he frowned helplessly turning to look at her, “I just want to see you.”
Kenma, her heart was throbbing in delight as his words. She wanted the same. But he’s forgetting one thing,
“I’m going to be there with you, through the tournament, through the tests,” she claimed with a large grin, “this once, just this once, please get some rest for tomorrow.”
Kenma didn’t respond at first. Then he began to nod,
“walk with me?”
He spoke with puppy dog eyes, persuasion seeping from them.
“Of course,” Akasuki grinned climbing to her feet with Kenma, glancing around for her bag, what, “oh fuck,” she groaned, “Kenma,” he looked to her then to her feet with expectant eyes, Akasuki pouted, “I forgot my bag.”
Kenma chuckled,
“I’ll go get it.”
“No way,’” Akasuki continued to pout, “you said you’d rest early.”
Kenma held his breath puffing his cheeks out. He needs more rest than she does. Breathing out with a light smile,
“okay, yeah,” he pulled her carefully into his chest whispering as he brushed her hair behind her ear, “promise me you’ll be safe,” Akasuki nodded gazing into his doe eyes, “and that you’ll let me know when you’re safe,” she nodded again, “okay, be safe,” she tilted her head to press her lips against his, her thoughts becoming frazzled.
Kenma smiled into the kiss, he’s too cute. Akasuki stepped back, ruffling his hair,
“sleep well baby,” before Akasuki had realised the words that had left her lips, Kenma's face resembled a bright tomato.
Holy shit. Oh no, oh shit, fuck. Akasuki span around covering her face as she went to run away, no way did she do that. Yet her legs had only managed to move a couple feet as Kenma was unusually quicker, appearing before her, Akasuki running into his chest. Ouch. She gazed up at him, embarrassed, his face still red. Oh god.
“I, um,” she couldn’t get the words out.
“Goodnight,” Kenma whispered scooping her hands in his, “baby.”
What? As if her heart had been electrocuted, Akasuki’s mouth dropped,
“you,”
But Kenma only smirked at her, slipping away in the opposite direction to the way she was heading, no way,
“night Suki!”
“N, night Kenma!” Akasuki forced out watching him vanish.
When out of view, Akasuki let out a yelp jumping up and down on the spot, this is amazing. He actually called her baby, yes! Akasuki bounded into the gym, joy on her mind, colliding directly with another. Oh shit, she felt the other give way, stumbling back. Oh fuck, she reached out to grab them hoping to keep them up.
"I'm okay," they briefly insisted.
Oh, Akasuki removed her hands, lifting her head to see who the victim had been, Akaashi? He smiled down at her reaching out to ruffle her hair,
"you seem in a rush, you okay?"
She didn't have to time to talk, she wanted to get to sleep as fast a possible,
"yep," Akasuki ducked under his arm skipping her bag in the corner of the hall.
"No way, did she just dismiss Akaashi?" someone exclaimed loudly.
Huh? She glanced towards the voice. Right. She should've known who,
"hi Bokoto, is something bothering you?"
Bokoto shrugged as the spotlight shone in him. Exactly. A couple of guys passed him slapping him playfully on the back laughing amongst the group. What were they doing this late anyway?
"Suki!" another voice from the other end of the gym called.
Looking over to them, Tadashi stood, balls scooped in his arms, Tadashi,
"hey, you okay?"
He looked around at the mess surrounding him,
"um, if I say no, can you help me?"
She chuckled, maybe there was one thing that was allowed to prevent her sleep,
"of course," Tadashi's existence was a pleasure to witness for Akasuki.
Bokoto's eyes began to twinkle as he bounded to Tadashi throwing his arm around him,
"Akaashi and I can help! Right Akaas,"
"No," Akaashi interrupted firmly stepping out into the night, glancing to Akasuki then Tadashi, "goodnight. If he bothers you, kick him out."
"Right!" Tadashi nodded becoming flustered by the amount of power given to him.
Right, Bokoto alone with Tadashi was even more of a reason for Akasuki to help. With those last words, the three of them were left in silence. This was awkward. Akasuki dropped her back to the floor, scooping up the remaining balls close to her, this was going to be long. She and Tadashi conversed in the closet, Bokoto attempting to join in, each attempt ending in the same embarrassment.
"Eh Suki," Bokoto started, playing around on the mats in the storage.
"Akasuki," Tadashi remarked shortly shooting a glare at Bokoto.
Oh,
"It's cool," Akasuki insisted, it felt like Suki had became her name, "what's up Bokoto?"
"So," he glanced up to her, his face in slim thought, "you know Akaashi likes you, right?"
Really? She shrugged, 
"I thought it was obvious," she paused, trying to think of a polite way to phrase it, "I'm not."
"Thata girl," Tadashi smirked shimmering past her, out into the hall.
Bokoto frowned watching Akasuki do the same,
"If you just gave him a chance," he tried to grab her wrist but Akasuki's narrowed yanking it from his reach.
"If I was interested, I would have. But I'm not," Akasuki sighed, "and I'm sure Akaashi won't be impressed knowing you're here selling him."
"But,"
"No,"
There was a sudden yelp from the gym, what the hell? Akasuki and Bokoto leaping from their spots, sprinting into the hall to see Tadashi holding his chest taking deep breaths, pointing to the door. Their eyes followed. There stood Yūki staring in with a bewildered expression,
"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! I'm sorry!"
Akasuki let out a laugh, poor Yūki, he always gets the jutted end of the stick,
"how come you're here Yūki?"
"I, uh," he scratched his neck glancing around, "So sent me here to get you."
Did he? Well, of course he did. That's exactly what So would do.
"She's okay," Bokoto claimed with a gloating grin, really?
"I'll walk her back," Tadashi insisted sweetly.
Yūki was unsure what to believe, looking at Akasuki for confirmation. He wanted to hear it from her own lips.
"I'm okay here, they'll escort me back," Akasuki insisted confidently.
Yūki nodded with a smile, satisfied,
"goodnight Suki!"
"Goodnight Yūki," Akasuki called watching him bound from the door knocking it shut, an echo filling the hall.
Wait, Akasuki glanced to the two boys also looking towards the door with wide eyes, does, does that lock? Akasuki sprinted to the door grabbing its handles to shake it. Nothing. It wouldn't budge.
"Tadashi," Akasuki began to panic helplessly looking at him over he shoulder.
Tadashi joined her side, replacing her hands on the handles, shaking it while muttering under his breath,
"shit, fuck," what are they meant to do?
"Well, I guess we still need to finish tidying," Bokoto quietly remarked scratching his neck.
"Fuck tidying!" Tadashi grumbled throwing his fists against the door, "Yūki! Get back here!"
Shit, Akasuki gritted her teeth in attempt to strengthen her ideas, what should they do? Fuck. Ah! Akasuki knew step one was keeping everyone calm. By everyone, she meant Tadashi. She took his hands in hers to stop them impacting the doors, his eyes shooting to meet hers in confusion.
"It's okay," Akasuki spoke, "I'll call Yūki and he'll come let us out, alright?"
Tadashi didn't seem to believe her, his eyes darting around the room for more support. Was she untrustworthy to him?
"Alright," Tadashi quietly spoke, "sorry I just, Tsukki, he didn't want me here in the first place and,"
"It's okay," Akasuki insisted squeezing his hands, "it's the exact same with me."
This gathered a smile from him, the pair stepping away from the door.
"All I gotta do is," along with her first, the gym was plunged into darkness, what the fuck?
"Tadashi?" Akasuki spoke squeezing his hands.
"I'm still here," Tadashi insisted squeezing my her hands back.
Thank god.
"So am I," Bokoto called, "what happened?"
Um? What does he mean? It's pretty obvious the lights shut off. Yet, Akasuki shouldn't become angry too easily or she might make the situation worse. Just, focus. Akasuki tried to make the room out, but she couldn't even see her hand centimetres before her face. Shit,
"uh, either of you got your phone on you?"
She felt Tadashi search his pockets before shamefully replying,
"no."
"I do!" Bokoto replied cheerfully, "do you want me to call Akaashi?"
"Do you think he'd be awake still?" Tadashi sighed, "will anyone? Except Yūki," right Yūki.
"Ah Bokoto," Akasuki spoke glancing around, "shine your light," she watched as Bokoto's face was lit brightly by his screen, a small laugh escaping her lips, "I'm coming to you."
"Finally taken my offer?" Bokoto teased, a smirk on his face.
"No," Akasuki scoffed lightly releasing Tadashi's hands, "just stay here," Tadashi nodded as she made her way over to Bokoto.
"I know Yūki's number, can I call him from your phone?" Akasuki asked.
Bokoto pouted, pretending to think. Come on man.
"Only if you go on a date with my Akaashi," Bokoto suggested.
Seriously? Akasuki couldn't take it anymore. She reached over the phone dialling in a number,
"will you please shut up about that?"
"Why? It's literally only a date?" Bokoto whined as the phone began to ring.
"Because I asked you politely?" Akasuki frowned watching the screen intently.
The call went to voicemail. Shit, she might as well leave a message in case,
"hey Yūki, you kind of locked us in the gym. It's just me, Tadashi,"
"and me," Bokoto interrupted.
"Yeah, so please can you come back and help us get out?" Akasuki weakly pleaded hanging up the call.
"Hang on, let me try," Bokoto swiped through his contacts, calling someone labelled with multiple love hearts.
She could only take a guess who it was.
"Akaashi!" Bokoto squealed into the phone.
"No," Akaashi grunted, the call immediately ending.
Well. That went great.
"See, he's so great," Bokoto claimed with a laugh.
So great.
"Akasuki try dialling Tsukki's number," Tadashi suggested, Akasuki agreeing as she listened to Tadashi recite it from heart.
It went through, the ringing becoming the only sound in the hall along with their breathing and beating hearts.
"Hello?"
"Tsukki!" Tadashi called out.
"Yams?" Tsukishima's voice became quiet.
"Tsukki! Okay quickly, we are locked in the gym! Come let us out!" Tadashi called out.
"You keep cutting out," Tsukishima tutted, "repeat yourself."
"Jesus man," Bokoto groaned, "we're stuck in the gym!"
Akasuki smacked Bokoto in the arm in disapproval,
"Tsukishima, please can you come get us out?"
"Who is this?" Tsukishima growled shortly, really?
"Me, Akasuki and," before she could finish her sentence Tsukishima had hung up, "he, hung up?"
"Right, he, uh, does that sometimes," Tadashi explained, "he'll be on his way. I'm sure."
"He's a dick," Bokoto remarked, that's completely unnecessary, even if Akasuki slightly agreed with him, "unlike Akaashi who,"
"She has a boyfriend dick wad," Tadashi growled from his position in the darkness, Tadashi?
As if he had realised his own words, he gasped,
"Suki, I didn't mean to, I know you haven't told them, I'm so sorry,"
"Tadashi," Akasuki interrupted him, at this point, she didn't care, she just wanted to get out of the gym, "don't worry about it."
The gym falls into silence after her words. About time. She felt Bokoto shift beside her, his hand brushing up against her arm as she slinked past her, using his phone to light the wall to wall,
"let's sit while we wait."
Right, that's a good idea.
"Tadashi, can you me," Akasuki instructed.
"See? In the dark?" Tadashi remarked gingerly.
"Right, eh," she turned around to Bokoto, "can you shine it for us, please?"
He nodded lifting his phone to her position,
"thank you."
Tadashi joined Akasuki's side, the pair of them sat beside Bokoto. Least now they had their bags. Akasuki started to rummage in her bag, the darkness fighting against her. Come on, it should be the biggest thing in there. Suddenly a light softly shone past her shoulder into the bag. Bokoto.
"Thank you," she whispered spotting her phone and pulling it out.
As she turned it on, the screen flashed up with an empty battery,
"fuck," she dropped her phone back into the bag.
She couldn't even message Kenma to let him know what's going on. The gym continued to fall into silence, the three of them staring at their hands.
"So," Bokoto spoke up, "do you have a girlfriend?"
Is he asking Tadashi?
"I have," he breathed out, "a boyfriend."
Wow, he's actually telling him? She didn't know if anyone else knew or not. Bokoto returned to silence,
"who is he then?"
He doesn't know? She would've thought it was obvious.
"That's, a secret," Tadashi explained.
Makes sense.
"What's he like?" Bokoto continued to ask questions.
"Um, tall, blonde, snappy,"
"Snappy?" Akasuki scoffed glancing over to Tadashi's darkened face, who began to laugh.
"Well, he kinda hates you," Tadashi weakly exclaimed.
Maybe this was the time to ask about Tsukishima's hatred for her.
"Hates me?" Akasuki shook her head tugging at her sleeves dismissively, she didn't remember ever doing anything to him, lowering her voice, "all I did was,"
"Love me, I know," Tadashi whispered, the conversations continuing in their own heads.
What did she do? Was she mean to him in some way? Did she hurt Tadashi that much?
"I'm so confused," Bokoto whispered.
Ah, this is awkward. He doesn't know anything.
"We," Tadashi started, Akasuki choosing to finish the statement, "are exes."
Bokoto let out a loud howl,
"holy shit!"
"Not that fascinating," Tadashi grumbled.
"No no, that's not what I meant!" Bokoto whined, "I mean like, tell me more, I don't know you two. So," he paused, "let's get to know one another."
Akasuki got the sense Bokoto didn't like the silence Tadashi and her were comfortable in.
"About what?" she pondered.
"I don't know, your boyfriend maybe," Bokoto suggested.
"Oh," Akasuki leaned back against the wall smiling to herself, "he's an angel."
The pair waited for more yet Akasuki didn't continue.
"Um Suki, tell us more," Tadashi chuckled, "well I know who it is but, he doesn't."
Oh, yeah,
"well, he's quiet, sometimes too quiet but it's never a bad silence," she chuckled, "he isn't much of a social person, but we stay up late talking a lot," she wasn't sure where to end, "he has amazingly soft hair, golden eyes and,"
"So he's cute?" Bokoto interrupted, listening closely.
In a simple way,
"yeah," Akasuki shrugged, "pretty cute."
"Cuter than Yamaguchi?" Bokoto asked, is he trying to cause trouble?
"Hm, yeah, like," she leaned forward in attempt to see Tadashi's face, "Tadashi holds a place in my heart but, he's not the one."
"Awe," she heard Tadashi move, noticing a hand reach out over Bokoto, "I feel the same way."
She was happy he did, thought Kenma will always be first place in her heart.
"Anyway," Akasuki cleared her throat, "how about you, Bokoto?"
"Haven't really thought about it," he admitted.
"Far enough, what's your type then?" Tadashi asked curiously.
That was a fair question. Bokoto hummed, 
"short ish, speaks her mind, cute, active,"
"So, basically anyone?" Tadashi chuckled.
Bokoto chuckled with him,
"ideally, someone who likes me."
"That does help," Akasuki grinned.
The three of them continued into the wild discussions, surprisingly bonding with one another.