Play fights - Chap 39

Akasuki pulled her bag over her arm as she scrambled from the class room, bumping into someone as soon as she left.
“I'm so sorry,” Akasuki blurted stepping back to look at the victim, oh.
Rei. She crossed her arms defensively avoiding her cold eyes.
“Look at this, your disgusting as usual,” Rei scoffed.
She did not have time for this. Akasuki went to move past her yet Rei stepped ahead of her,
“uh oh, are you trying to run away again?” she scoffed, “I deserve an apology.”
Is she joking? An apology? It’s not like Akasuki had a choice, Rei gets what Rei wants. She took a deep breath,
“I’m sorry.”
Rei smirked widely stepping aside, Akasuki hastily making her through, Rei calling after her,
“that doesn’t make us equal just yet!”
Just yet? Does she seriously think Akasuki owned her for that beat down session? Whatever, Akasuki had to get to the gym. She picked up her pace, coming up to the doors bursting out into the courtyard, sudden yells filling her ears. What, is going on? She stopped for a moment trying to figure out where the yells were coming from, the gym. No, it can’t be, why would they be yelling? She burst into a sprint towards the open doors, skidding in to feast her eyes on the mess before her.
“You can’t even hit the ball!” Kenma yelled.
Her eyes fell to Lev on the ground, what is going on?
“You can’t seriously expect me to hit a ball without proper training?” Lev argued.
“Kenma, how about you go sit down?” Kuroo suggested moving towards them.
Sō suddenly appeared beside Lev,
“hang on, Lev's right, Kenma expects us to hit the ball without any training, how is that fair?”
What happened? Akasuki cleared her throat crossing her arms, becoming angry with all of them,
“are you serious?”
Their eyes lifted to meet Akasuki, this is not a good start. She moved forward to them, furrowing her brows angrily,
“it’s only been a week and you’re already arguing.”
“It wasn’t even,” Lev started to yell, Akasuki lifting her hand, “don’t,” she crouched down looping her arm under his pulling Lev to his feet, turning to Kenma, “do you want to tell me what’s going on?”
Kenma shook his head clenching his fists,
“I have nothing to say to you,” turning on his heels heading towards the door.
Seriously? Did, she say something to upset him? Akasuki turned to Kuroo searching for an explanation.
“He’s,” Kuroo glanced to the others, “becoming harsher when practicing with Lev.”
“And?” Akasuki questioned, Kuroo shrugging, “that’s it really?”
The rest of them nodded, Kuroo sighing,
“I should talk to him.”
“Hang on,” Akasuki frowned stretching her neck, “I know I’m not you, but maybe he needs someone fresh to speak with.”
Kuroo slowly nodded,
“you’re right,” he rubbed her shoulders in a reassuring manner, muttering under his breath, “I know you’re gonna want to be nice to him, but don’t, he needs the discipline.”
Discipline? Alright, Akasuki nodded,
“I’ll try my best,” she smiled up at Kuroo making her way after Kenma, sliding out of the doors.
Where could he be? She glanced around to see Kenma slumped by the wall, found him,
“hey.”
Kenma lifted his head before lowering it again. Alright, Akasuki slowly made her way over to him lowering herself beside him,
“do you wanna speak about it?”
There was a heavy sigh from him. A sigh was more than what she was expecting. She lifted her hand to covered his on his knees,
“you don't have to speak to me but, I'd like if you’d listen,” she glanced at him, his hair over his eyes, “I wasn’t there to witness what happened so all I can go off of is what people have told me, and. I guess the others feel as if you’re being kind of harsh on Lev,” there was a snort from Kenma as he lifted his head, “harsh?”
Akasuki nodded, Kenma shaking his head,
“It’s his fault.”
His fault? Akasuki squinted at him, gesturing for him to continue.
“I,” Kenma cleared his throat glaring down at the ground, “why do I have to help him?”
“Because,” Akasuki leaned into him softly, “you’re our official setter, if the team were to use Lev in a game, wouldn’t you prefer he actually knew how to play instead of embarrassing us?”
Kenma shrugged mumbling,
“I guess.”
She had an idea,
“okay,” she pushed herself up standing in front of Kenma holding her hands out, “let’s train him together.”
Kenma looked up at her, his eyes glowing,
“together?”
Akasuki nodded,
“together.”
Kenma reached up placing his hands in hers, Akasuki pulling him up with a laugh, Kenma holding her hands still as he stood before her,
“I thought I was gonna have to persuade you to tell me what’s wrong.”
Kenma’s ears perked up at the word persuade, his lips curling into a smirk,
“how?”
She bet he was thinking about something. Akasuki pulled his hands towards her, removing hers to quickly and lightly press against his waist, Kenma trying to wiggle out of her grasp,
“ah! No! I,” he tried to grin through the tickles, I thought you meant something else!”
She stopped briefly pretending to think,
“how else would I?”
“Promise not to tickle me,” Kenma asked.
“I promise,” Akasuki whispered, Kenma slowly draping his arms around her neck interlocking his fingers, stepping forward into her.
So, this is what he expected, Akasuki gazed into his golden eyes her body becoming memorised by their glimmer, her hands lifting to stroke his cheeks, how can a boy like this be into her? Her heart began to thump slowly as Kenma leaned down to press his lips gently against hers, murmuring during,
“something like this.”
Akasuki smiled into the kiss, fuck, each day she fell further into the rabbit hole. This boy is going to be the death of her. She pulled away slowly,
“wow, now I know how easily persuaded you can be,” she started to move back towards the gym, “I’ll have to use it more.”
Kenma pulled his arms from her shoulders following her with a grin,
“oh, right, I got a new game and,” his cheeks grew pink, “I was wondering if you’d wanna come over and play some time.”
“I’d love to,” Akasuki beamed nearing the door halting before she was in view of the open doors, “you okay?”
Kenma nodded with a smile before tightening his lips and heading inside. There’s her Kenma, straight faced and reluctant. Akasuki grinned heading inside calling out,
“Mr Haiba! We need a word.”
Lev gulped as he shared a worried glance with Sō making his way towards Akasuki on the side of the court, Kenma joining them silently with a ball,
“Lev,” Akasuki breathed out, his eyes widening at the sense of trouble, she grinned, “you ready to practice?”
Let’s get this going.
“What?” Lev blurted squinting in confusion at her.
“I’m going to practice with you two,” she glanced at Kenma who was watching her fixatedly, right, “to ensure you guys can communicate, clearly, alright?”
Lev nodded,
“so,”
“No so,” Akasuki interrupted, if she let him talk, she knew he’d never stop talking, “start, now, please.”
Lev rapidly nodded jogging over to the end of the court, Akasuki turning to Kenma with a reassuring smile gesturing for him to step to the net. He nodded following he gestures. And the fun begins.