Unexpected guest - Chap 49

As a result of the successful tournament, Kenma had taken it into his hands to invite Akasuki over. She stood outside the door, nervously tugging at her sleeves, she wasn't sure if this was a casual hang or a team hang. Fuck it, she knocked on the door, anxious of what waited on the other side. The door slowly opened revealing Kenma's mother, Mrs Kozume, her expression surprised but welcoming,
"oh, Akasuki, I didn't think we were expecting you, Kuroo just left."
Kuroo?
"Oh," Akasuki chuckled awkwardly, "Kenma actually, invited me over."
She seemed surprised at her words, opening the door up,
"Well, come on in!"
"Thank you," Akasuki spoke stepping into the house.
"Feel free to make yourself at home," she spoke softly, "I'll just call him down," she moved to the stairs yelling up, her voice still soft, "Kenma you have a young lady waiting for you!"
Young lady? Akasuki's cheeks pinkened as she turned back around to face her with a smile,
"would you like a drink?"
Oh god,
"please," she blurted realising she didn’t say what, she remembered from last time Kenma gave her orange juice, “orange juice, if that’s okay”
Mrs Kozume hurried into the kitchen, faint sounds of cupboards opening, Akasuki glancing around, this is kinda awkward. Mrs Kozume appeared with a glass of orange juice handing it to her.
“Thank you,” Akasuki spoke taking a sip, as much as enjoyed spending time with Kenma, she wasn’t a great parent person, let alone speaking to Kenma’s.
There was a thud from upstairs, Kenma appearing at the top looking down at her,
“wanna come up?”
Akasuki nodded carefully making her way up the stairs, Mrs Kozume calling after them,
“keep the door open!” with a hearty chuckle.
Heat rose through her body as she met Kenma at the top of the stairs, this is so awkward. His face apologetic, Kenma slipped his hand into hers leading her to his room, plopping down on the bed. She wondered if he was going to mention anything about meeting her father. He lifted his game mumbling as he continued to play,
“do you mind if I just finish this?”
“Not at all,” Akasuki smiled taking a seat beside him as she pulled out her book, “may I read?”
“Of course,” Kenma whispered with a small smile.
He’s so cute, she leaned against him with a large smile starting to read as Kenma played. She managed to get through a couple of chapters until she came up to a section where the protagonist’s love interest was publicly confessing their desire for the protagonist. She glanced over to Kenma, would Kenma do that to her? The words of her father’s ran through her mind, she got the fact that they were still young but, this didn’t feel like any other relationship.
“"Hey,” Akasuki spoke quietly, Kenma lifting his head in acknowledgment, “is it really that bad of an idea to tell the others?’”
Kenma stared at her for a moment before edging closer to her holding out his game,
“I managed to find matching sets of armour for us,” matching sets of armour, is he avoiding her question?
His golden eyes caught hers, Akasuki's lifting her brows, she understood the desire for him to avoid the conversation, but this wasn’t avoidable.
“I,” he took a deep breath releasing it slowly, Akasuki became nervous of what was about to come out, “I don’t think it’s in our best interest,” her heart collapsed.
Without thinking, Akasuki frowned leaning forward into Kenma wrapping her fingers around his,
“I hate the idea that you’re still on the market.”
“On the market?” Kenma chuckled shaking his head, “Suki, you don’t have to worry about someone else being interested in me,” no way, she wouldn’t blame others for liking him, he paused quietly speaking, ‘I’m the one who should worry.”
“Kenma,” Akasuki whispered cupping his face”
He nodded slowly as if predicting her words, did he know what she was going to say? He lowered the game into his lap, lifting his hands to her face,
"but, knowing that you're mine is enough for me."
This man,
"Kenma, every time you speak," she leaned forward to press a kiss against his cheek, "I fall more and more for you," it's the warm-hearted truth.
Kenma lifted his head brushing his lips against hers, his whispered voice travelling through her ears,
"better hold on tight then."
She grinned at his words snaking her arms around his neck, her only hope was to bathe in this joy for as long as life permitted her too, which she personally hoped it was for eternity.