Chapter 43: Identity

Zypher's POV

"Zypher."

His eyes are as black as what I've remembered the last time I stared at it for how many minutes. Concern and anger is in his eyes as I watch him look at me. I feel safe and comfortable in his arms after having those fights a while ago. I can feel his warm breath in my face and it's smells like mint. I can also feel his arms wrap around my waist and my back as he is still holding me tightly, but I find his strong grip gentle in my body. It just feels so great to be with him right now.

He still have his eyes around me. We're still staring at each other until he felt his shirt wet. He looked at it with his eyebrows arched, curious of what it might be. But the curiousity in his eyes vanished and changed into something that made my heart flutter with... I don't know.

His eyes are full of concern and protectiveness of me. For the longest time, this is the first time I just want to be protected by someone, to be dependent with someone, to him.

He raised his hand in my face and caressed my cheek. His eyes soft. "W-why?" Stupid. Because of the unexplainable feeling I'm feeling right now, it also made my senses shut down and made me say only that word, at nautal pa! And because of my stupidity, I realized that I was being too comfortable. So I stood up and swallowed.

"We saw Jill. She's in the infirmary now. Bigla nalang siyang um-appear sa harap ng bleachers at mabuti nalang ay nakatambay kami doon at kami lang ang nakakita. Sinabi niya sa amin ang mga pangyayari dito." Sagot niya. I eventually felt how awkward our position is. He is still holding me in my cheek and in my waist, habang si Matt at Ed ay nilalabanan ang dalawang natitirang kalaban. I instantly imagined a romantic scene in which the protagonist's leading men saved her for being a damsel.

Yeah right, the gods heard the old hag about someone rescuing me from being a damsel in distress. Tsh.

I stepped backward to let his hands go off me. Bigla namang napalitan ng galit ang mga mata niya ng makita niya ang dugong umaagos sa braso ko na dahilan ng pagkabasa ng dark blue three-forths niya.

In just a blink of an eye, he is the one fighting the guy with pain-in-his-hands, shoving Ed off. And because that guy is already exhausted from fighting me and Ed, Zach easily brought him down.

"Zypher!" Bigla nalang akong nanghina at natumba sa sahig, butt first. "Zy, are you ok?" Nakapalibot na sila sa akin habang tinatanong ako ni Steph. I just nodded. Kanina ko pa hini-heal ang sugat kong ito, pero napakatagal nitong gumaling. The wound was deep but I can easily heal this deep of a wound. And something is off about my energy.

Bigla namang hinawakan ni Matt ang braso kong may sugat at tiningnan niyang maigi ang malaking hiwa na umabot sa ilalim na part ng elbow ko. "I think the weapon they used has the same substance with those shattered glasses in the science lab hallway, that time when Zypher was also severly injured and her body wasn't able to stop the bleeding." Biglang sabi ni Matt matapos niyang suriin ang braso ko. "I'm okay." I stood up. I don't want to look pitiful right now. Besides, being a damsel is not my thing. I was bound to be the knight in shining armour for them, for every creature in this world.

I concentrated on healing my arms and felt the energy flow rapidly in my wound. In just a minute or so, it stopped bleeding. The four of them just looked at me with a smile on their faces.

"Very impressive! Your hignesses, it's a pleasure to see you." He bowed down in a mocking way. "What do you want?" Walang pag-aatubiling tanong ni Zach na ngayon ko lang nakitang ganito ka seryoso. Being with them now, in this situation, feels so different. I usually feel normal and light when I'm with them, but now I can feel each of their presence building up with power. I felt their strength and intensity. Kung hindi ko pa sila kilala, aakalain ko talagang sila na ang mga tumatayong hari at reyna sa mga kaharian nila. They acted and felt legendary.