Chapter 48: Nightmares

Zypher's POV

Those pair of violet eyes looked at me as if the owner knew me well.

The figure turned it's body, then I realized she was a girl. In just a blink of an eye, she was gone. But I caught a glimpse of her black hair swaying with the air as she ran. All of my questions suddenly flowed inside my head and the urge to have answers got me doing the next thing my mind thought.

Immediately, I stood and ran towards the girl's direction. I can still see her in my scope of vision because of my eye ability. Diego ran with me; I heard someone shout my name but didn't mind them. It would be a chance to have a word with their side. And I'm pretty sure I've seen this girl before. It all went back to me that time when I was attacked on the science lab hallway. I saw two girls that night. Two pairs of violet eyes. I thought it was just part of my head aches that I was starting to make and mix everything up, but seeing it again confirmed my thoughts. And I'm sure now that this was the same person I saw that night.

Diego lunged at the figure and they both stumbled to the ground. Diego was on top of her and I was about to grab a hold of her but she suddenly disappeared. I felt an arrow approaching it's way to me. There were four; I was caught off guard and frozen in my stance, but then it was suddenly on fire and burned into pieces. Bigla nalang din akong may narinig na mga sigaw sa iba't ibang direksyon at nakita ko ito kung bakit. May mga ugat ng puno na pumupulupot sa mga katawan nila at tila hindi sila makahinga. Their heads were held back to catch their breaths so I saw their faces. All of them have violet eyes, but I don't recognize any of them.

I felt people approaching at my back so I grabbed Diego's belt and faced the five royalties.

Zach's fiery eyes was the very first thing I saw when I faced their direction. Then I saw all of them with their different eye colors. I felt their adrenaline, their urge to fight. Their presence was so strong and they were breathing hard because of running.

"What the hell were you thinking!" Zach growled out his words. I just remained silent. I felt each of their different auras. It's kind of disorienting my senses because of the strength their producing. And Zach's fury was so obvious. It made me look so dumb that I regretted doing it.

"Do you think running after a foe without even knowing if you were just lured into a trap would help?!" My insides flinched when he raised his voice. I caught a glimpse of Matt when my hair was caught by the strong wind, then I saw his deep and mysterious gray eyes. I shuddered when I saw Stephanie's cold and chilly eyes, that's when I realized that I feel cold. I felt ashamed when I saw Nate's dominant green eyes, fierce with intensity as if ready to give another command to the woods surrounding us now. Ed's usually cocky expression became hard and fierce, and his deep ocean blue eyes made me feel more ashamed than what I'm feeling right now.

"Zypher! You're not helping!" Zach's voice went low and he ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"I know. I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. I won't do it again. I-I was just—" I stopped. At tumingin nalang sa ibaba. Nahihiya ako sa sarili ko at ayaw kong makita ulit ang kanilang mga reaksyon at ayaw kong makita nila ang reaksyon ko. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako nadala agad ng kuryusidad ko. Hindi ko alam kung bakit hindi ko mailugar ang emosyon ko. Hindi ako itong ginagawa ko.

"Let's go." Mabigat ang damdaming sumunod ako sa kanila pabalik sa sasakyan. Umupo ako agad at ipinikit ang aking mga mata. Everything seems so vague. Even the scene a while ago seemed distant, like it happened a long time ago. I felt my head spinning.

There's these flashes again in my head and my head is throbbing with pain. I moaned when it went thunderous inside my head.

"Zypher! Are you hurt?!"